DHS CARS LAND

jjharvpro

When I first heard about Cars Land possibly coming to DHS, I became ecstatic. The more I think about it though -- I want so badly for DHS to have a MASSIVE overhaul (although it doesn't need it quite as badly as DCA did), but it does have a bit of an identity crisis. That said, DHS is my second favorite park and I long for expansion here. I'm going to Disneyland and DCA in October and I cannot wait; I can't begin to express my excitement!! Cars Land is something, however, that I want unique to DLR. And for something unique to come to DHS. Cars Land is absolutely incredible and revolutionary, but I just have this feeling that it wouldn't quite be as breathtaking or leave me awestruck in DHS because of the park's theme. Cars Land - Route 66 - California - DCA. That all goes together. So, I'm hoping for a massive expansion/overhaul in DHS, something PIxar related where LMA is now, and then overhauling throughout the rest of the park.

doctornick

Cars Land is absolutely incredible and revolutionary, but I just have this feeling that it wouldn't quite be as breathtaking or leave me awestruck in DHS because of the park's theme. Cars Land - Route 66 - California - DCA. That all goes together. So, I'm hoping for a massive expansion/overhaul in DHS, something PIxar related where LMA is now, and then overhauling throughout the rest of the park.
Except, despite Route 66 travelling through California, the town of Radiator Springs is based in Arizona.

We've been through this already in this thread, but I don't see how Carsland fits into the theme any better in DCA as it does in DHS. DHS is a thematic mess, admittedly, but Carsland fits there as much as anything. Presumably, it would be part of a greater Pixar Place and having a land devoted to a studio's works makes sense in a park celebrating movies and entertainment.

Californian Elitist

Except, despite Route 66 travelling through California, the town of Radiator Springs is based in Arizona.

There are many parts of California that look like Arizona, same vice-versa. If you told one person Radiator Springs was set in Arizona, it wouldn't be hard to believe. Same for California. Have you been to California?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are many parts of California that look like Arizona, same vice-versa. If you told one person Radiator Springs was set in Arizona, it wouldn't be hard to believe. Same for California. Have you been to California?
I feel like Bill Murray right now. If I listen closely I can hear "I got you babe" playing somewhere.

We went through this already. Carsland fits just fine in DCA despite the movie being set in AZ. It also would fit pretty well in DHS. The H stands for Hollywood and 2 major sections of the park are Sunset Blvd and Hollywood Blvd - themed like parts of CA. If they expand Pixar place it also fits since its a Pixar movie.

doctornick

Many times. What does that have to do with anything? I didn't say Radiator Springs couldn't be in Calfornia. I said it wasn't: the movie makes it clear that the town is not in California.

It is silly to debate this again, especially in the same thread. Carsland makes just as much sense in DHS as it does in DCA.

Californian Elitist

I feel like Bill Murray right now. If I listen closely I can hear "I got you babe" playing somewhere.

We went through this already. Carsland fits just fine in DCA despite the movie being set in AZ. It also would fit pretty well in DHS. The H stands for Hollywood and 2 major sections of the park are Sunset Blvd and Hollywood Blvd - themed like parts of CA. If they expand Pixar place it also fits since its a Pixar movie.

I'm not saying it doesn't fit in DHS. Pretty much anything will fit in that park, if the rides are all based on films. I'm saying it fits better in DCA.

Californian Elitist

Many times. What does that have to do with anything? I didn't say Radiator Springs couldn't be in Calfornia. I said it wasn't: the movie makes it clear that the town is not in California.

It is silly to debate this again, especially in the same thread. Carsland makes just as much sense in DHS as it does in DCA.

I was just making sure. I say we agree to disagree, and it's not silly to debate again. Someone had brought it up and you were first to hop back on the subject again, so.

BryceM

As long as Sunset Boulevard and Hollywood Boulevard remain generally un-touched, I'm fine with whatever else comes to the park. I would rather have something besides Cars Land that is unique and original, but having anything added at all to DHS at this point would be a miracle.

I would particularly like to see some more Lucas and more Pixar and all of the back-lot gone.

71jason

We've been through this already in this thread, but I don't see how Carsland fits into the theme any better in DCA as it does in DHS. DHS is a thematic mess, admittedly, but Carsland fits there as much as anything. Presumably, it would be part of a greater Pixar Place and having a land devoted to a studio's works makes sense in a park celebrating movies and entertainment.

In what way are The Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Toy Story, Star Wars, and let's throw in Handy Manny related to CA? DHS may be--ok, is--a thematic mess, but it's been one almost since opening. If we can get a crowd-pleasing people-eater of an E-ticket for that park, I'm willing to overlook that fact it will continue to be a thematic mess.

(And all of the above STILL make more sense to me than Avatar in AK.)

doctornick

Really? My post was just wishful thinking. Any details?
There's enough smoke floating around with both DL and WDW that it's probably being considered to remove the Speedway. So I think Scuttle's post just means that it's a possibility at some point. But I doubt there is any active plans to replace it, just that it might happen at some undetermined point in the future. I've got to think that the other three parks at WDW are more of a priority for new attractions at this point than MK, once the FLE opens.

I think that if TDO plans to do something big for WDW and MK's 50th anniversary (2021) that the Speedway would be a prime location to use.

CJR

Where is there existing space in the FLE?

One area that keeps coming to mind is where the Tangled show is (where the old Story Time with Belle used to be). With the PFH and the new STWB opening up, I think this would be the area that could really be ripped out and be given a ride if Disney really wanted to add something in Fantasyland. Otherwise, anything new would have to replace something (not that the Tangeled show wouldn't be a replacement, but I doubt anyone would really care much. Definitely not on the same level as if Disney announced HM would be leaving (which will never happen)).

While they said PFH is temporary, I don't really think it is. It's a great location for a princess M&G, right next to the castle. So the Tangled show probably is the next attraction to go in FL. When that is, idk, probably not anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom