DHS CARS LAND

Cosmic Commando

It would be awesome if there was some sort of Tangled attraction/show somewhere (I LOVE that film) but statistically speaking, did the film do very well? I remember seeing an interview with Lasseter somewhere (I think it was a D23 video) where he cited the film being so new as a reason for it not having an attraction (yet). Does anyone know/have any thoughts as to why Tangled does not play a bigger part in the new FLE?
The Fantasyland expansion was leaked in the summer of '09 and announced officially at the D23 Expo that year. Tangled wasn't released until Thanksgiving 2010. Obviously they have changed the plans since they were released (Seven Dwarves Mine Train), but for some reason they haven't added Tangled. Personally, I was hoping that they would use the Snow White tracks for a Tangled ride. I guess they just don't want to pull the trigger on something so new. The movie did pretty well at the box office, on DVD/Bluray and in merch sales.. I don't see any reason they wouldn't want other than it being new. Does anyone remember when Bob Iger said that they wanted theme park attractions day-and-date with film releases? Now we can't even get a successful princess movie to have a ride when there is a vacated ride track in Fantasyland! :rolleyes:

heatherkatheleen

The Fantasyland expansion was leaked in the summer of '09 and announced officially at the D23 Expo that year. Tangled wasn't released until Thanksgiving 2010. Obviously they have changed the plans since they were released (Seven Dwarves Mine Train), but for some reason they haven't added Tangled. Personally, I was hoping that they would use the Snow White tracks for a Tangled ride. I guess they just don't want to pull the trigger on something so new. The movie did pretty well at the box office, on DVD/Bluray and in merch sales.. I don't see any reason they wouldn't want other than it being new. Does anyone remember when Bob Iger said that they wanted theme park attractions day-and-date with film releases? Now we can't even get a successful princess movie to have a ride when there is a vacated ride track in Fantasyland! :rolleyes:
AH! Makes sense! I didn't even put two and two together with FLE being announced before Tangled was released! Silly me! Hahah. That would've been great to fill the vacated SWSA with Tangled... OH well! Looks like we'll have to keep dreaming until something comes to fruition!

FrankLapidus

Where is John in regards to WDW?

Like I've said before, if Lasseter is unable or not willing to devote some of his time to fixing some of the problems at WDW's parks then someone else should be given an opportunity to step and take the creative lead. To be fair, Lasseter's schedule must be pretty hectic with all of the duties he has at TWDC but, as the powers-that-be appear to have now realised, something needs to be done soon and done well. I'd love for Lasseter to step in himself but if he doesn't I'm fairly sure that there must be someone else at the company with the passion and creative vision needed to bring about an upturn at WDW.

FrankLapidus

AH! Makes sense! I didn't even put two and two together with FLE being announced before Tangled was released! Silly me! Hahah. That would've been great to fill the vacated SWSA with Tangled... OH well! Looks like we'll have to keep dreaming until something comes to fruition!

There is some space left in the FLE for future attractions so a Tangled attraction might happen in the future. With the way things are right now I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you but it's a possibility at least.

doctornick

There is some space left in the FLE for future attractions so a Tangled attraction might happen in the future. With the way things are right now I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you but it's a possibility at least.

Where is there space? One of the only annoying things to me about this expansion is that it basically boxes in Fantasyland from expanding, even though there is open space within the berm of the railroad that could otherwise be used. The only accessible expansion space I see is Fantasyland Gardens or repurposing something existing (e.g. replacing Village Haus). There is space north of BatB/LM on the other side of Magic Kingdom Dr that has plenty of room for expansion, but the only path leading there is the walkway between LM and the Circus tents which is a pretty tight choke point.

The way they designed the FLE to me suggests that they have no intention to ever expand the land for more guest space. They could have left a gap between BatB and the LM for a path if they wanted that future option.

montyz81

OK, the thread has officially jumped the shark (you know the one at UNI that was pulled out of Amity to make way for Boy Wizards who need more space!) ... and I just realized I've been on here for the better part of an hour. Pooh! Can I get that hour back at the end?
wasn't jumping the shark from Happy Days?

FrankLapidus

I remember it mentioned when the expansion was first announced and devoy1701 confirmed there was some space left a few weeks ago:

"There is a plot of land available behind the tents of Storybook Circus where Pixie Hollow was supposed to go. You can see it on the earliest artwork for the expansion."

I don't know how big the space is or how much could be put there but I remember someone at Disney saying when the FLE was announced that more could be put there in the future. In retrospect, maybe that changed when the plans for Pixie Hollow were abandoned but I can definitely remember this being said somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Turtle

I remember it mentioned when the expansion was first announced and devoy1701 confirmed there was some space left a few weeks ago:

"There is a plot of land available behind the tents of Storybook Circus where Pixie Hollow was supposed to go. You can see it on the earliest artwork for the expansion."

I don't know how big the space is or how much could be put there but I remember someone at Disney saying when the FLE was announced that more could be put there in the future. In retrospect, maybe that changed when the plans for Pixie Hollow were abandoned but I can definitely remember this being said somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific.
You can always take out the TL Speedway

FrankLapidus

Like I said, maybe the plans changed when Pixie Hollow was abandoned. But I can remember reading something about more land being available for future attractions because speculation started on the internet that it meant that Rapunzel's tower would be added to the FLE.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There is a huge piece of land called the tomorrow land Speedway. Just a matter of whether you put something in themed to FL or TL. Maybe they can even fit both if they are creative.

MUTZIE77

Radical idea.... Swap "instead" for " as well"

Very interesting, I think some of your posts get lost in all the other thread drifts. I think if we were to get RSR along with the MI coaster and an Incredibles attraction (or some combination of attractions) and not just a clone, it would make the pill easier for me to swallow.

The way 74 has put it, WDW is in dire need of new attrations. If Carsland got axed from DHS, they would still need a potter swatter to replace it. This doesnt sound like a carsland or nothing situation. It sounds like a "we need something really badly, something we have needed for 10 years. Oh you say DCA has a great new land with a ride making the turnstiles burn out? We'll take one of those", situations. They want it because its already popular and the work has already been done.

doctornick

There is a huge piece of land called the tomorrow land Speedway. Just a matter of whether you put something in themed to FL or TL. Maybe they can even fit both if they are creative.

Sure and I'm for it. But that's just more "replacement" stuff; with all the land at WDW it's frustrating to see attractions closed and be replaced when the idea would be to bring in brand new land and just add attractions. There's empty plots of land inside the berm of the railroad that could be used for more guest space; use it and be more efficient.

Replacing attractions makes sense at DL when they literally have no space (yet they still find a way to repurpose stuff like parking or even squeeze in something like Indiana Jones into a newly used space). TDO shouldn't have to do the same at WDW where they own tons of land.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Although I wouldn't mind an overlay to it - something more futuristic.

I agree it probably won't be replaced, but it is a large piece of land that doesn't really fit in the theme of either tomorrow land of fantasy land. A new update to the theming could help making it fit better I guess. I would like to see them replace it with 2 new dark rides, 1 with a fantasyland theme and 1 with a tomorrow land theme. The 2 buildings would be back to back so the transition from TL to FL would work better. Then they could build a newer, better car driving ride either in DHS or EPCOT or possibly as an additional cash attraction at DTD.

Turtle

I would like to see them replace it with 2 new dark rides, 1 with a fantasyland theme and 1 with a tomorrow land theme. The 2 buildings would be back to back so the transition from TL to FL would work better.
Alice and Wonderland or Tangled on the FL Side? (next to Mad Tea Party) And in TL we can have an ORIGINAL ride with the Pooh DLP technology where you have to catch an alien species let loose or something.

doctornick

Alice and Wonderland or Tangled on the FL Side? (next to Mad Tea Party)

That space would be in the Fatasyland Forest area and I think it would be great to see either Tangled or Sleeping Beauty which both fit into that are theme well.

Heck, the speedway space is so large that you could fit 4 or so "traditional" dark rides in that area if you were going with small footprint attractions. Conceivably, you could do 2 dark rides on the Fantastyland side and then a larger e-ticket on the Tommorrowland side

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom