DHS CARS LAND

cheezbat

Haha, Universal needs to get rid of or update Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone. Besides the classic E.T. Adventure, there is little to do there and nobody wants to have a "day in the park with Barney".

In another thread some of our insiders claim that in 2016/17 KidZone is supposedly getting a big overhaul. I would definitely think Barney and Curious George are going bye bye

HMF

A name change would be good too. I still don't think "Hollywood Studios" fits well.
The only way I can see them changing the name again is with the ridiculous let's remove the possessive 's from everything scheme makes it to Florida and it becomes "Disney Hollywood Studios".

doctornick

On the topic of LMA, it seems that is going to disappear no matter what happens at DHS. Now, it may be due to costs or liability or something so that we would not see any other similar stunt show at WDW. But, one thing I've wondered... they have this huge area set up for Fantasmic that has limited usage (1-2 shows a day at night). If they wanted to do a large scale vehicular stunt show, why not use the Fantasmic theater during the day and do some sort of water show? Seems like a much more sensible use of space.

heatherkatheleen

That space would be in the Fatasyland Forest area and I think it would be great to see either Tangled or Sleeping Beauty which both fit into that are theme well.

Heck, the speedway space is so large that you could fit 4 or so "traditional" dark rides in that area if you were going with small footprint attractions. Conceivably, you could do 2 dark rides on the Fantastyland side and then a larger e-ticket on the Tommorrowland side
I'm still a little sad that there's no Aurora and no Cinderella in the FLE... In the original art, there was some sort of pink chateau-style house that has since been abandoned (for something in Belle's village I think, but don't quote me on that)... It instantly made me think of Cinderella's house. Does anyone know if thats what that building was intended to be?

doctornick

I'm still a little sad that there's no Aurora and no Cinderella in the FLE... In the original art, there was some sort of pink chateau-style house that has since been abandoned (for something in Belle's village I think, but don't quote me on that)... It instantly made me think of Cinderella's house. Does anyone know if thats what that building was intended to be?

In the original FLE plans, instead of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, there was going to be plussed M&Gs for Cinderella and Aurora similar to the Storytime with Belle attraction. This was changed since it was felt that the FLE was too girl- and princess-centric and the 7DMT was added instead with SWSA being replaced by Princess Storytale Hall.

heatherkatheleen

In the original FLE plans, instead of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, there was going to be plussed M&Gs for Cinderella and Aurora similar to the Storytime with Belle attraction. This was changed since it was felt that the FLE was too girl- and princess-centric and the 7DMT was added instead with SSA being replaced by Princess Storytale Hall.
AH! Gotcha! Thanks for enlightening me :) Ick... Am I the only one that thinks all these M&G spots are a waste of space? There seems to be lots of them but perhaps thats just me... Mine Train is a much better idea.. I thought perhaps the chateau would have an actual dark ride or moving attraction themed around a princess, not another M&G spot. I guess the princess M&G spots are great for the really young girls (and boys, I don't judge!) and make more sense than dark ride type attractions do. Thanks for filling me in @doctornick :rolleyes:

stevehousse

The studios need a complete makeover head to toe. They can easily change the guest experience to a visit to multiple studios! Leave the entrance area and great movie ride area the same however change out beauty and the beast with a tangled show and change fantasmic to woc.
Next in the area near rnr get ride of some of the eating area over there and make that small backstage area a small land for toontown studios where they can redo the land that used to be in mk but more like dlr toontown. And roger rabbit ride would b apart of it.
Next to appeal to a more general audience seeig as how the park lacks small children's ride, change the Disney animation area to Disney junior studios. They can keep the stage show, change little mermaid and all that area up till one man dream and there is at least room for 2 rides. A mickey clubhouse ride would be awesome and also a jake and the never land ride would b popular. Keep the animation studios and bring it back to its glory days it once was, and they can also include many meet n greets in there as well. Also since toontown area would be near the ani building you can finally link sunset to another area of the park. Also a new restaurant in either Disney jr or toontown.
Next is Pixar studios. Keep Tsmm, and add the monsters inc door coaster/dark ride, and an Up dark ride attraction, where you ride a bench floating by balloons which takes you on a tour of the magical place they went to that I can't remember name of. also include some type of other big ride not sure if I really like Rsr there or not? But I would agree it can work. Also retheme histk play area to bugs life play area. Also move pizza planet to Pixar area.
Next is muppet studios. Change mama melrose to a muppet themed restaurant and in th former pizza planet building make a new muppet dark ride.
Next is Lucas studios where there is more star wars theming added to most of the area and also included is the cantina restaurant. Expand the jedi training into a small seated theatre . Keep Indy stunt show and add Indy ride to the park.
Who wouldnt want to do all that? Such a great dream but unfortunately probably would never happen!

Beholder

I'm not especially excited about a clone, but I'm excited about the potential effect a Carsland could have on the rest of DHS. Perhaps (in a perfect world?) an introduction of Carsland would create capacity/crowding issues that would force a much needed layout/attraction update to accommodate the larger crowds? Maybe not on the scale of FLE, but a general move in that direction, a signal that something needs to be done.

techee

You don't need to put all of Carsland in. You can mostly put Radiator Springs as part of the queue line/ride area for RSR. In that way, it can lead up to the ride while it sets the scene for the ride, which will make it feel authentic and wonderful all at the same time.

prberk

I may be the only one around, but I still think that DHS should be a working studio, for at least a few things. I mean, Hollywood is now perpetually farming out projects for location shooting, and a lot of that ends up in the South. Just look at North Carolina (Wilmington), where many things have been filmed or edited in the last 20 years.

But here is the biggest, most obvious reason: The Disney Channel. They should go back to having live (or live-on-tape) children's shows here. The Mickey Mouse Club was filmed here in their Justin Timberlake/Brittany Spears/Christina Aguilera/Ryan Gosling days.

I mean, how obvious would that be? They could even have some feature segments produced elsewhere and posted into the show, but have the main show filmed live at DHS. Not only is there a built-in enthusiastic audience, but it would be a daily commercial for WDW and DHS itself.

Other shows, such as a half-hour show, say, on Imagineering could also be based here, with a built-in audience. (Such a show could start as a segment on a new MMC even.)

Heck, the AIE stage could be fitted for a real live show.

Obvious waste of resources if they do not have live television coming regularly out of this park, in my opinion.

Thrill Seeker

This project is a MUST for DHS, whether it's a full Cars Land or just RSR.

The park is in some serious need for some TLC. Existing attractions definitely need to see some love from TDO. The Great Movie Ride is SERIOUSLY outdated. I understand that some of these movies are classics, but when you have some 18-20 year old CM giving the tour, I'm pretty sure Footlight Parade and the original Tarzan are far from some of their "favorite movies", if they've even ever seen them...

Also, Fantasmic is reaching the point of sad. I love the show, don't get me wrong, but when I saw it live 2 weeks ago and all I could see was a Dragon head attached to a steel rod with curtains draped around it, I wanted to lower my head in shame. It wasn't something I really had to look hard at to notice either, it was pretty obvious.

Maybe I'm posting in the wrong thread and I know some of this may be beating a dead horse, but although Cars Land is a major step in the right direction, DHS needs a lot more work.
...unless they are a film student or a diehard fan of GMR, which I am. I haven't seen all the films in GMR, but I hope to someday... Still, I agree that GMR BADLY needs a refurb...

GLaDOS

...unless they are a film student or a diehard fan of GMR, which I am. I haven't seen all the films in GMR, but I hope to someday... Still, I agree that GMR BADLY needs a refurb...

While I agree that not everyone has seen them, I think almost everyone knows what films they are. Maybe not Footlight Parade, but the rest are all recognizable.

But the ride does need a few tech upgrades here and there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom