DHS CARS LAND

futurecastmembr

This would only make the park more of a hodge podge as it doesn't fit the theme at all (and neither does TSM while we're on the subject). Honestly the world of Cars isn't even that exciting or one that I would want to step into, its just the real world... with talking cars... Besides there's already a full fledged version in CA so its weird to me that people would be excited for this yet rage over Avatarland. Can we get back to making the park about movie magic and Hollywood?

TimeTrip

That means no more osborne lights! That would be a huge loss for my family
Does it? I don't think they'd be getting rid of the Streets of America. Also, imagine if they extended the lights into Cars Land? The lights used to be so much more spread out when they had the residential street, now it's so condensed. It might be nice to see it be spread out again...

alissafalco

Can we get back to making the park about movie magic and Hollywood?

I think those days are long gone. If anything they will be changing the name so the park won't be such a hodge podge. As another OP suggested it's probably going to follow more along the lines of DCA. to Maybe Disney Forida Adventure??

Rescue Ranger

You're joking right??
No, not really haha
I'm not saying don't do it, but I don't really see the point in replicating what California has. Let that park have more of their very own unique attractions. Its good to see attractions as exclusives to certain parks. Not to mention, considering the setting of the movie, it makes more sense to have a whole land dedicated to it in DL over Florida. Bringing the actual attraction/ride to WDW would be awesome, but when you already have AoA with more or less the whole "land", I'd rather see something else...NEW, instead of just a carry over from another park.

I personally would rather they just bring Radiator Springs Racers, building it onto the Pixar Place "land", instead of a whole land for just one movie. I wanna see Cars, Up, Bugs Life, etc. Not to mention, the long awaited expansion for the Muppets! WDW got Fantasy Land, DL got Cars. I think WDW can do better, especially at Hollywood Studios. How awesome would it be to also see an UP attraction where you could go into Carl's house and take a simulated balloon ride in it, Monsters Inc Coaster, Incredibles, cooking with Remy, etc etc. But, its all so sketchy at this point, anything can and probably will happen.

Rescue Ranger

I don't think Lasseter tries to hide his love for DL and his feelings towards WDW. It's pretty obvious and he's clearly biased. He grew up near Disneyland, he worked there and I'm sure it being Walt's park as a lot to do with his feelings as well. He kind of reminds me of Walt Disney a little bit even.
Though, in many ways, WDW to me is truly Walt's Park. In that Disneyland was his idea....but Walt Disney World was always his dream. The fact that it came to be what it is today even after his death, is a very special thing. I see Disneyland, which is very special in its own right, as Walt's drawing board to what he truly always wanted to accomplish and create.

Californian Elitist

Though, in many ways, WDW to me is truly Walt's Park. In that Disneyland was his idea....but Walt Disney World was always his dream. The fact that it came to be what it is today even after his death, is a very special thing. I see Disneyland, which is very special in its own right, as Walt's drawing board to what he truly always wanted to accomplish and create.

You can have that as your opinion. Disneyland is literally Walt Disney's park, I mean he designed it, built it, lived in it, visited it, etc.. Disneyland was his dream and one of his greatest accomplishments. Walt Disney wanted Epcot in Florida and I hear the current Epcot is nothing to what he really wanted. He pretty much had nothing to do with WDW, he died before it really got its start. Sure he wanted DL to be bigger, but he loved it very much and even cried on the opening day. Disneyland isn't even completed and it never will be. A drawing board to what he really wanted? Disneyland and Epcot don't even compare conceptually. Both DL and WDW are special places, but WDW can't compete with DL when it comes to history and how the park got started. I would even say MK is Roy Disney's park.

Pseudonym

I think if they do a full on Cars Land in HS they should just rename the park: Alleged Pixar Place but it's really mostly Cars, and some other cool stuff when they actually work.

OR! They could change the name to something like...Sorcerer Hat Playland.

Yeah that's perfect.

Rescue Ranger

You can have that as your opinion. Disneyland is literally Walt Disney's park, I mean he designed it, built it, lived in it, visited it, etc.. Disneyland was his dream and one of his greatest accomplishments. Walt Disney wanted Epcot in Florida and I hear the current Epcot is nothing to what he really wanted. He pretty much had nothing to do with WDW, he died before it really got its start. Sure he wanted DL to be bigger, but he loved it very much and even cried on the opening day. Disneyland isn't even completed and it never will be. A drawing board to what he really wanted? Disneyland and Epcot don't even compare conceptually. Both DL and WDW are special places, but WDW can't compete with DL when it comes to history and how the park got started. I would even say MK is Roy Disney's park.
I think what I said you took too seriously out of context there and in a different way. But I digress, either way, none of the parks would have existed without him.

FrankLapidus

Why has a Disney World vs Disneyland argument started?

As a WDW regular, I wouldn't really have a problem if Carsland came to DHS. It seems like forever since an attraction was added to the park and it might be the one most in need of new additions. LMA and the Backlot Tour are prime real estate in that area of the park and Pixar Place is in need of an expansion so if Carsland does come, hopefully it will be followed by attractions based on some of the studio's other films. I've complained for too long about the lack of additions at DHS to complain about an attraction like this coming; ideally, I probably would prefer something unique to WDW but beggars can't be choosers right now when it comes to anything happening at WDW. If John Lasseter really doesn't want this to happen, rather than threaten to quit as some are saying he will, his time might be better spent coming up with some quality alternatives to Carsland; The Incredibles and Up are both very popular films and I'm sure could inspire some pretty good attractions if WDI are inclined to look at them.

Pseudonym

I somewhat like the idea of Cars land coming to HS but I like the exclusiveness of it in California. We know it would be successful in HS so I think that's what's going to happen unfortunately.

People are throwing out ideas of other franchises that could make a land, but I don't think that's the solution. The problems WDW has are more complicated than that. They have so many franchises they can choose from to put into any of their parks but they just havent...

Hollywood Studios needs a lot of work. I say move Pizza Planet and put a Star Wars cantina. Have more hands on experiences where people can touch props that were used in movies.

Even with the FLE, I still want work to be done on Adventure Land and Tomorrow Land. At times I think they've completely forgot Tomorrow Land was there. I'd love to see Adventurers club added somewhere, whether it was replaced in "Downtown Disney," or if it overlooked Adventure Land (it just wouldn't be accessible from inside the Magic Kingdom, in order to continue Magic Kingdom's policy of it being an alcohol fee park). As for Tomorrow Land, I would like to see a restaurant similar to the Encounter restaurant at LAX. I really think Tomorrow Land needs a lot of love. I'd love to see a Tron ride implemented but they've really messed that franchise up. The cartoon is awful. That doesn't mean they couldn't do a fantastic ride.

I realize this is a Cars Land thread. Going back to that, I think WDW's problem is bigger than that. I don't think copying and pasting Cars Land is the solution. I think it's a step in the right direction but it's only one of many steps that need to be taken.

misterID

It's hard for me to feel sorry for DCA and DLR when they're still getting so much more in the near future. Should it stay with DCA? yeah, but I'm not crying about it being cloned. At this point, WDW is lucky to get what it can.

And a stock Lesseter corporate memo says nothing abut his "true lovey dovey" feelings for WDW. Take the eyeball test. Read online about what's really going on. The dude is at DLR all the time. He's planning more attractions for that resort. And we're supposed to measure his "true feelings" for WDW because he talks about Next Gen for WDW? That says everything. Keep your bridge, jt.

I'm still waiting for the abomination that is Imagination to be corrected. How long ago was he supposed to have said it needed to be? Yeah, still waiting. How about throwing some of that rockwork money EPCOT's way.

FrankLapidus

I agree with your assessment, especially about Lasseter coming up with something better.

I really like Lasseter, in my view he's absolutely vital to the future of the Walt Disney Company right now. But if he really would rather concentrate his efforts on Disneyland and DCA then someone else, another creative executive and not an MBA, should be assigned to WDW in a similar capacity. With Lasseter and Tony Baxter, Disneyland seems pretty well taken care of so it would make sense to me to have someone else, someone with proper creative credentials, concentrate on WDW's welfare. If that were to happen, that person could go in, critically analyse all of the parks and Downtown Disney and come up with a plan for each. Then go to the board, say "this is what we have right now, this is what we want to do, this is how much we think it could cost, how much are you willing to back us?" Allow that person to know exactly where they stand and what they can do and then allow them to get on with it; improvements won't happen overnight but some kind of clear strategy is needed to ensure that they do happen. I still hope Lasseter intends to devote some time to WDW, the resort could do with someone like him getting a grip of things there right now. But if it isn't going to be Lasseter then it should be someone else, someone with a good eye and a vision who can give the same love and attention to WDW that Lasseter is giving to Disneyland.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really like Lasseter, in my view he's absolutely vital to the future of the Walt Disney Company right now. But if he really would rather concentrate his efforts on Disneyland and DCA then someone else, another creative executive and not an MBA, should be assigned to WDW in a similar capacity. With Lasseter and Tony Baxter, Disneyland seems pretty well taken care of so it would make sense to me to have someone else, someone with proper creative credentials, concentrate on WDW's welfare. If that were to happen, that person could go in, critically analyse all of the parks and Downtown Disney and come up with a plan for each. Then go to the board, say "this is what we have right now, this is what we want to do, this is how much we think it could cost, how much are you willing to back us?" Allow that person to know exactly where they stand and what they can do and then allow them to get on with it; improvements won't happen overnight but some kind of clear strategy is needed to ensure that they do happen. I still hope Lasseter intends to devote some time to WDW, the resort could do with someone like him getting a grip of things there right now. But if it isn't going to be Lasseter then it should be someone else, someone with a good eye and a vision who can give the same love and attention to WDW that Lasseter is giving to Disneyland.
Plus he needs to focus on Cars 3. The sequel was pretty lame in my opinion. Loved toy story 3 though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom