DHS CARS LAND

FrankLapidus

I'm still waiting for the abomination that is Imagination to be corrected. How long ago was he supposed to have said it needed to be? Yeah, still waiting. How about throwing some of that rockwork money EPCOT's way.

I don't want to take this thread too far off topic but this made me think of something. Isn't Pixar working on a film that takes you inside the human mind? I'm sure it's one that Pete Docter is directing and its apparently the the most unique and interesting film that Pixar have made so far. It's too early to really speculate just yet but perhaps that film could be the answer to our "Fix Imagination!" prayers.

djlaosc

I don't want to take this thread too far off topic but this made me think of something. Isn't Pixar working on a film that takes you inside the human mind? I'm sure it's one that Pete Docter is directing and its apparently the the most unique and interesting film that Pixar have made so far. It's too early to really speculate just yet but perhaps that film could be the answer to our "Fix Imagination!" prayers.

According to Wikipedia, the release date for "The Untitled Pixar Movie that Takes You Inside the Mind" is June 19, 2015

FrankLapidus

WDW needs its own Al Lutz, John Lasseter and even its own Tony Baxter equivalents in my opinion.

I don't want to make a judgement on Lasseter just yet in regards to WDW, it could be that he fully intends to focus his attention on the resort sometime soon. But if not, someone else in creative needs to. I don't know much about Kathy Magnum but her name has cropped up a lot recently because of Carsland at DCA and her being relocated to WDW so maybe she could be a contender. I can't really think of anyone of Lasseter and Baxter's standing off the top of my head but there must be someone who could step up.

FrankLapidus

According to Wikipedia, the release date for "The Untitled Pixar Movie that Takes You Inside the Mind" is June 19, 2015

Thanks, I wasn't sure of a release date. It might be a film worth keeping an eye on over the next few years, the concept sounds like it could lend itself to Imagination! so who knows? Along with this I've seen some speculating whether Pixar's upcoming The Good Dinosaur might inspire an overhaul of Dinoland at AK; if by some chance either of these ideas ever became a reality and with Carsland possibly going to DHS, Pixar might be the salvation of WDW :p. Admittedly this is all a VERY long shot in the dark right now but you never know, if these films are successful I guess anything could be possible.

Californian Elitist

I don't want to make a judgement on Lasseter just yet in regards to WDW, it could be that he fully intends to focus his attention on the resort sometime soon. But if not, someone else in creative needs to. I don't know much about Kathy Magnum but her name has cropped up a lot recently because of Carsland at DCA and her being relocated to WDW so maybe she could be a contender. I can't really think of anyone of Lasseter and Baxter's standing off the top of my head but there must be someone who could step up.

John Lasseter is involved with the supposed upcoming new Tomorrowland attraction at Disneyland. WDW really needs someone who truly loves and appreciates it, just how Lasseter feels about Disneyland. If you watch the video Turtle posted, it's obvious Lasseter loves Disneyland and doesn't really feel the same way with WDW. WDW needs someone who really loves and cherishes it.

Turtle

John Lasseter is involved with the supposed upcoming new Tomorrowland attraction at Disneyland. WDW really needs someone who truly loves and appreciates it, just how Lasseter feels about Disneyland. If you watch the video Turtle posted, it's obvious Lasseter loves Disneyland and doesn't really feel the same way with WDW. WDW needs someone who really loves and cherishes it.
what new tomorrow land ride?!

Turtle

Apparently Innoventions is going bye-bye to make way for a new E ride in Tomorrowland. The Disneyland community is guessing it's Marvel themed. There has been no announcement yet. Tony Baxter is working on it, if I'm correct. It's either that or the Frontierland project, I'm not 100% sure. Could be both.
sounds cool! maybe we can get an incredibles retheme of it in DHS since we aren't allowed to use MARVEL in Orlando

Californian Elitist

sounds cool! maybe we can get an incredibles retheme of it in DHS since we aren't allowed to use MARVEL in Orlando

That would be amazing. The Incredibles is in my top 3 favorite Pixar films and it's unbelievably underrated for some reason. I don't get it but an Incredibles attraction in DHS would be really cool, if done right.

Turtle

That would be amazing. The Incredibles is in my top 3 favorite Pixar films and it's unbelievably underrated for some reason. I don't get it but an Incredibles attraction in DHS would be really cool, if done right.
and even an omnidroid spinner can be cool! like the branches are the arms of the omnidroids and you have to move them up and down to "defeat it".

Turtle

I like the idea!
Many ideas from my head lol. Pixar Place in WDW has a d-ticket (Midway Mania), but it needs two simple c-tickets (Up Spinner? Mater's Junkard Jamboree?) and an e-ticket (Incredibles KUKA? Door Vaulter?) :) and one restaurant (Café Remy) and one store (Al's Toy Barn) and it's a FULL land!

EDIT: Scrap that idea of an UP spinner, this should be the UP c-ticket it has the perfect ride system! this! The central pillar can be the cliff/waterfall with the house on top, and you have balloons tied as the parachutes and simple couch furniture where you sit and you float up and down!

RSoxNo1

Lasseter has a figure head roll at Imagineering, but he does care about the product. He has stated, "quality is a hell of a business plan," and his track record is very strong. He could be the most valuable asset the company has right now.

flynnibus

Premium Member
He has stated, "quality is a hell of a business plan," and his track record is very strong

You mean like the Submarine voyage? A money pit of an attraction so 'loved'...when it was rumored it could be on the chopping block only after 5 years of operator many fans said 'good riddance'???
You mean like Toy Story Playland.. a concept so widely pandered people openly mock the concept and despise any chance of it coming to a park?
You mean like The Little Mermaid.. the largest darkride Disney has done in decades yet fails to find a loyal following in the genre Disney is thought of as perfecting?
You mean like Toy Story Mania.. an attraction the hardcore fans write off as a video game they can play at home?

Before Carsland.. his record was actually pretty damn weak. He's a great creative guy and producer for films.. but it really hasn't transitioned over to his work in theme parks.

The guy is passionate.. he is a great advocate.. but he hasn't shown that nack for knowing what makes an attraction great or not and being able to ensure that core essence is attractions he has helped supervise. He seems to be better at ensuring his character properties are represented as he wants them.. than he is at building the next great attraction concept.

El Grupo

I'm not a fan of putting Carsland or RSR in DHS. Agree with many others that something unique should come to Orlando and they should keep Radiator Springs exclusive to CA.

With that said, would Lasseter, TDA or the executives in Burbank hesitate to clone a wildly successful Orlando attraction in DLR if they thought it would help the Anaheim parks' attendance? My guess is no.

Considering that a final decision will be made at the Corp. level, it will be interesting to see when they finally step up there and make a final determination on whether a project is started at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom