DHS CARS LAND

tomman710

The main problem for having RSR as part of Pixar Place is that the Backlot Tour entrance is in the middle of the two areas. If they could somehow move the entrance for the Backlot Tour to where the LMA queue currently is (so that would be removing the Water Tank and the AFI Showcase) then it would be one complete area.

If they did this, and if they were just having RSR, could they not just build another archway, have the same pattern on the Monsters Inc side as the current TSMM/MI archway, and on the other side have a "tire pile" look to the them? Then, have another soundstage building (like TSMM and the MIDC site) to hold the RSR queue, and have RSR on the other side of the soundstage?

I'm not saying that it would be the nicest looking option, or even one that I would necessarily want, but having another soundstage building for the RSR queue would solve the theme issues, especially if RSR was hidden behind Streets of America facades...

Wouldn't the backlot tour be gone if RSR came anyway?

devoy1701

The main problem for having RSR as part of Pixar Place is that the Backlot Tour entrance is in the middle of the two areas. If they could somehow move the entrance for the Backlot Tour to where the LMA queue currently is (so that would be removing the Water Tank and the AFI Showcase) then it would be one complete area.

If they did this, and if they were just having RSR, could they not just build another archway, have the same pattern on the Monsters Inc side as the current TSMM/MI archway, and on the other side have a "tire pile" look to the them? Then, have another soundstage building (like TSMM and the MIDC site) to hold the RSR queue, and have RSR on the other side of the soundstage?

I'm not saying that it would be the nicest looking option, or even one that I would necessarily want, but having another soundstage building for the RSR queue would solve the theme issues, especially if RSR was hidden behind Streets of America facades...

I don't think the Backlot will survive a RSR or Carsland expansion. Thank goodness.

JWG

DHS doesn't need the full Carsland experience. You can drop RSR over by LMA, which frankly is great with the Honey I Shrunk the Audience playground that could be (as always discussed) converted to a Bug's Life playground. This gives you transition from Monstroplis or whatever on Pixar Place to more outdoor scenes that could be tied together in some way.

Between Studio 1 and LMA/playground you have Backlot Express (Pizza Planet? Something just tied to characters of Pixar similar to the Disney Dream pool deck quick serve area? Anything's possible here), the backlot tour (buh-bye) and a Pixar meet and greet. So much opportunity to tie elements of Carsland (without the entire overlay) to TSMM. Obviously, we all believe Monsters Inc. is somehow destined for Studio 1. Love the potential for a unique Pixar experience for DHS.

phi2134

DHS doesn't need the full Carsland experience. You can drop RSR over by LMA, which frankly is great with the Honey I Shrunk the Audience playground that could be (as always discussed) converted to a Bug's Life playground. This gives you transition from Monstroplis or whatever on Pixar Place to more outdoor scenes that could be tied together in some way.

Between Studio 1 and LMA/playground you have Backlot Express (Pizza Planet? Something just tied to characters of Pixar similar to the Disney Dream pool deck quick serve area? Anything's possible here), the backlot tour (buh-bye) and a Pixar meet and greet. So much opportunity to tie elements of Carsland (without the entire overlay) to TSMM. Obviously, we all believe Monsters Inc. is somehow destined for Studio 1. Love the potential for a unique Pixar experience for DHS.

I feel the LMA show kills the experience in the park. I never really enjoyed the show and once you have seen it, it kind of gets blah afterwards. Kind of like the Indy stunt show, I probably havent had the urge to go back and see it the last five times I have been there. Plus the noise of the racing cars and just the whole overall aspect of the show just seems to take away from the great things that really could be there.

djlaosc

I don't think the Backlot will survive a RSR or Carsland expansion. Thank goodness.

I think that the idea that was first mentioned in here is that RSR would replace LMA and Backlot Tour would remain (at least for now).

Of course, if they did eventually get rid of the Backlot Tour, then that would solve the issues that I mentioned earlier.

Florida_is_hot

Me I personally would miss the Backlot tour, can always put the entrance back to is original location and put more into the tour?

What is wrong with Lights Motors Action it is relatively new.

djlaosc

What interests me is how they would go about unifying/blending the different themes of the Pixar moves. There's already a transition built in for a Monster's Inc area, but transitioning into Carsland is going to be tougher.

As I said earlier, if we were just getting RSR, they could build a soundstage building for the queue, and have a tire pile arch on the Cars side of the dividing archways.

However, if they did get rid of the Backlot Tour, could they put an "it's a bug's life" area between Monsters Inc. and Cars, which has the Playground (and could eventually have ITTBAB if they replaced it at DAK), and have the current Water Tank area get you access to a second row of Pixar Place?

invader

Pixar Place 2.0 (In my mind)
- Radiator Springs Racers where LMA + Catastrophe canon currently reside.
- Shop for RSR.
- Monsters Coaster for SS1.
- BLT Entrance / water tank becomes Harry Hausens (day qsr/night adr)
- HISTK Playground becomes part of A Bug's Land.
- Flik's Flyers + Heimlichs Chew Chew train added to A Bug's Land (takes over studio catering co)
- Streets of America becomes Pixar Place phase 3 expansion

GLaDOS

Pixar Place 2.0 (In my mind)
- Radiator Springs Racers where LMA + Catastrophe canon currently reside.
- Shop for RSR.
- Monsters Coaster for SS1.
- BLT Entrance / water tank becomes Harry Hausens (day qsr/night adr)
- HISTK Playground becomes part of A Bug's Land.
- Flik's Flyers + Heimlichs Chew Chew train added to A Bug's Land (takes over studio catering co)
- Streets of America becomes Pixar Place phase 3 expansion

You do realize Heimlich's Chew Chew Train is one of the most reviled attractions to ever hit a Disney park, right? I'd rather see the tires than that.

And I'd definitely hate to see Streets of America go. They're wonderful, IMO.

jt04

I would be ok with that also, but if they are going to do that then there is no reason to limit it to Cars since they would loose the benefits of cloning anyway.

In this instance it is a very low risk gamble. They are all but assured a great ROI no matter what they spend..

OK, I have the clincher. If a clone would fit and if it would not screw up the sightlines, and if Lasseter gave it his blessing, and if TWDC felt it worth the price tag there may be another show stopper. (Forgive me if this has been mentioned). But it seems to me the ground may not be suitable for building such a massive structure. Likely the pilings alone would cost many millions of dollars. That area is very close to a swamp.

Now some people will throw at me ToT as proof it could be done. But the ToT building has a much smaller footprint and that would have made building a foundation much easier.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Overlayed the Google Maps view of DCA CL over the area in DHS. Looks like a good fit to me! Just sayin. Both these views are taken from the 200ft scale view so they're 1:1.

647822343.jpg

invader

You do realize Heimlich's Chew Chew Train is one of the most reviled attractions to ever hit a Disney park, right? I'd rather see the tires than that.

And I'd definitely hate to see Streets of America go. They're wonderful, IMO.
Yes, but people complain that there's not enough for kids to do so I figured it wouldn't be too bad for such conditions. Besides, it fits cohesively in with what I had in mind and it didn't have a large footprint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom