DHS CARS LAND

kucarachi

Saying the backlot tour is not good is an understatement. It seems like a direct rip off of Universals tour. Seems like you are driving through a junkyard of old movie equipment rather than seeing legendary movie memorabilia..if its so important why is it sitting out in the florida sun and rain all year? Universal used to involve the audience in participating in recreating scenes from movies and that was more fun than watching a tanker blow up on a 90 degree day with the flames 100 feet from your face

RSoxNo1

Part of the problem I see with RSR is the upkeep issues they're having with the effects in California. It's an unfortunate circumstance, but if they're having these issues in California, I would expect similar issues in Florida.

SeaCastle

I wonder about the usefulness of adding several show scenes and animatronics to a potential DHS version of RSR when in a few years it'll be in the same show state as Expedition Everest, given the current track record?

phi2134

What I would hope will happen is that they also tear down the streets of NY and create the town of Radiator Springs there and then where LMA is thats where RSR will go. I think this would be the perfect layout, Nothing of too much importance goes on in the streets of NY and they can overlay the osbourne family lights on top of Radiator springs during the holidays.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What I would hope will happen is that they also tear down the streets of NY and create the town of Radiator Springs there and then where LMA is thats where RSR will go. I think this would be the perfect layout, Nothing of too much importance goes on in the streets of NY and they can overlay the osbourne family lights on top of Radiator springs during the holidays.
Could work. Just don't touch the muppets.

Mawg

I think its sarcasm but without a ":rolleyes:" its hard to be sure.

It was sarcasm. I rode it a Disneyland a few weeks ago and it was awsome, would love to see it at the World. Also love the looks of the M&G with Belle, don't care that it's not for everyone either.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We're arguing about rockwork? Rockwork. Just checking.

I'm sure that the design comes into play when discussing adding the attraction to DHS. Maybe it's just me, but I think the landscape and layout of DHS will come into play and they will design it as it fits for the park. Several people had doubts when FLE was discussed and look how amazing the B&tB area looks. I'm sure it will be fine.

Rockwork. *shakes my head*

Far more time has been spent arguing about details much smaller then rockwork on these boards. We are Disney fans, this is what we do.

KingdomofDreams

Could work. Just don't touch the muppets.

Maybe they could take the Muppets crew to Radiator Springs...

what?

Think about it... could be pretty entertaining... they're on their way to H'Wood.. bus/car breaks down.. wander into Radiator Springs... mayhem ensues...

baymenxpac

We're arguing about rockwork? Rockwork. Just checking.

I'm sure that the design comes into play when discussing adding the attraction to DHS. Maybe it's just me, but I think the landscape and layout of DHS will come into play and they will design it as it fits for the park. Several people had doubts when FLE was discussed and look how amazing the B&tB area looks. I'm sure it will be fine.

Rockwork. *shakes my head*

i read this in an allen iverson voice. that what you were going for? if so, bravo.

the.dreamfinder

Part of the problem I see with RSR is the upkeep issues they're having with the effects in California. It's an unfortunate circumstance, but if they're having these issues in California, I would expect similar issues in Florida.
However clones aren't necessarily carbon copies, so they could easily fix some of these problems. A good example of a recent improved clone would be TDL's splash, but that was a long time ago...

ChrisM

So, what have we learned?

Per 74, TDO execs are running scared because they've been living off of fumes, haven't invested properly in attractions, their competitors are eating their lunch, and attendance and merchandise sales are down. They need to build a winner. And fast.

Per whylightbulb, I'm assuming bid requests, or preliminary conversations about the same, are going out to the industry in central Florida which would point to Carsland being built at DHS.

There seems to be the belief amongst other insiders (notably Lee) that we may see RSR and perhaps a shop but not the full Carsland. Given what we know about how (the spending averse) TDO typically operates, that certainly would make sense.

But if TDO is collectively puckering, why wouldn't they want....in fact, demand....the full Carsland experience? The vast majority of the full implementation is merchandise and dining. The two things TDO will want most to bolster their bottom line.

Bucking the conventional wisdow, I'd be truly surprised if the "full" Carsland isn't dropped into DHS (with Luigi's being the only notable exception).

menamechris

So I am assuming something at this level would be announced at a media event by either Meg or Tom. I can't imagine them delegating this kind of news to the Disney Parks Blog. Does anyone know when the next big media event is?

menamechris

Per 74, TDO execs are running scared because they've been living off of fumes, haven't invested properly in attractions, their competitors are eating their lunch, and attendance and merchandise sales are down. They need to build a winner. And fast.

And this, boys and girls, is why we don't procrastinate.

Mad Stitch

Expand please.

Per whylightbulb, I'm assuming bid requests, or preliminary conversations about the same, are going out to the industry in central Florida which would point to Carsland being built at DHS.

There seems to be the belief amongst other insiders (notably Lee) that we may see RSR and perhaps a shop but not the full Carsland. Given what we know about how (the spending averse) TDO typically operates, that certainly would make sense.

But if TDO is collectively puckering, why wouldn't they want....in fact, demand....the full Carsland experience? The vast majority of the full implementation is merchandise and dining. The two things TDO will want most to bolster their bottom line.

Bucking the conventional wisdow, I'd be truly surprised if the "full" Carsland isn't dropped into DHS (with Luigi's being the only notable exception).

Thanks, I didn't want to read 45 pages of posts!

RSoxNo1

However clones aren't necessarily carbon copies, so they could easily fix some of these problems. A good example of a recent improved clone would be TDL's splash, but that was a long time ago...
The appeal for RSR has largely been the impressive animatronics, the very things that are breaking.

phi2134

The appeal for RSR has largely been the impressive animatronics, the very things that are breaking.

I am curious why these are breaking, is it sotfware issues, programming issues or just the overall animatronics themselves? Kind of curious to find out what problems they have been having

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom