DHS CARS LAND

Jimmy Thick

How much will WDW really get of DL's Carsland is the real question. Just because it can possibly "fit" in some space provided, who really knows if DHS will get the exact same thing, or even the exact layout. While they could give a lot of the same things, who is to say they won't bring out something new to make both Carsland's a tad different?

Jimmy Thick- DL's Pirates and WDW's Priates are 2 different rides...

Jimmy Thick

Let's not use that as an example. The second one was a step backwards.

I agree, but thats my point.

If Carsland really comes to pass, it will definately get RSR, but it could get a neutered version. Or it could, and based on the past I doubt, get a "better" version. WDW's Carsland could possibly be better than DL's. There is a lot of potential here. We just need more info, any budget announcement will show the direction its headed.

Jimmy Thick- Optimistic.

Turtle

I totally get what you're asking for, but don't you think this would lack cohesiveness? If they did say, a full Monstropolis or Cars Land, I think the wow impact would be a million times bigger because after all, the whole wow factor of Cars Land is how completely immersive it is-- it has the singularity of one full world that allows the guest to feel as if they have entered a completely different world... time.... etc. Making a Pixar Land wouldn't be as striking because it would be the same as what we've seen before: streets with rides that lead into guest shops. Boring compared to what an entire land could offer in terms of experience.
well the PIXAR PLACE will kind of have a little feel to the ride area for example: Ratatouille ride and restaurant will feel like Paris, UP playset would feel like the wild, Toy Story looks miniature, Cars would look like a smaller Carsland

RSoxNo1

So Disney/TDO wants Carsland because it's a safe bet. At this point, isn't it fair to say that any Pixar attraction is a safe bet? While some may be panned by people on these boards, I can't think of an instance where a Pixar attraction was less popular than the attraction it replaced.

Even the cheaper Pixar lands (Toy Story Playland and A Bugs Land) have proven to be quite popular. An investment into quality attractions based on Pixar properties will succeed because of that familiarity. Three dark rides based on Up, Ratatouille and Wall-E will still be successful in some capacity.

jt04

So Disney/TDO wants Carsland because it's a safe bet. At this point, isn't it fair to say that any Pixar attraction is a safe bet? While some may be panned by people on these boards, I can't think of an instance where a Pixar attraction was less popular than the attraction it replaced.

Even the cheaper Pixar lands (Toy Story Playland and A Bugs Land) have proven to be quite popular. An investment into quality attractions based on Pixar properties will succeed because of that familiarity. Three dark rides based on Up, Ratatouille and Wall-E will still be successful in some capacity.

this add would be solely about the Cars franchise which is way beyond any other Pixar property in its ability to move merchandise.

SirLink

Personally A Bugs Land, Nemo and even possibly UP(as a larger South American land) should head to Animal Kingdom. And even a Ratatouille ride could possibly and depending on the context of the ride 'fit' better at France in Epcot. But move TLF out of Tomorrowland and maybe a Story of Pixar walk-through attraction.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe they could take the Muppets crew to Radiator Springs...

what?

Think about it... could be pretty entertaining... they're on their way to H'Wood.. bus/car breaks down.. wander into Radiator Springs... mayhem ensues...
Excellent idea. Could be the plot to cars 3. They need mor crossover synergies in the movies. While we are at it throw buzz and woody in there

Cody5294

Yes, but people complain that there's not enough for kids to do so I figured it wouldn't be too bad for such conditions. Besides, it fits cohesively in with what I had in mind and it didn't have a large footprint.
That means no more osborne lights! That would be a huge loss for my family

c-one

Personally A Bugs Land, Nemo and even possibly UP(as a larger South American land) should head to Animal Kingdom. And even a Ratatouille ride could possibly and depending on the context of the ride 'fit' better at France in Epcot. But move TLF out of Tomorrowland and maybe a Story of Pixar walk-through attraction.
ARGH please no. Might as well rename the entire resort to Pixar World that way. Don't think it's a radical idea to keep movie characters in the movie park.

Turtle

Excellent idea. Could be the plot to cars 3. They need mor crossover synergies in the movies. While we are at it throw buzz and woody in there
that would be horrible.. the cars world is a cars universe and there aren't supposed to be any other creatures than vehicles in their universe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom