DHS CARS LAND

SirLink

ARGH please no. Might as well rename the entire resort to Pixar World that way. Don't think it's a radical idea to keep movie characters in the movie park.

Pixar are Disney though, so unless you want all the animated characters, including those located in Fantasyland moved to the studios - its not going to happen.

c-one

Pixar are Disney though, so unless you want all the animated characters located in the studios - its not going to happen.
Fine with me!

Back in the old days (ahem, I know) Disney had no problem creating rides and experiences that had no connection to films or TV shows... God forbid they ever do that now. I like wandering around DAK in a wholly foreign environment, with minimal connections to cartoons.

RSoxNo1

Cars is outselling Avengers merch? My mind...blown...
This doesn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 to 1 as well.

Everyone that is saying that Cars merch will inevitably be the "driver" of getting some version of Carsland to Florida are probably right.

PurpleRose

Yeah, but it's the Avengers. I guess I'm out of touch when it comes to merch. Been a long time since I was a Target toy department supervisor.

The Empress Lilly

Cars caters to the male age demograph that is covered by princesses for girls.

Every supermarket stocks the two, both the princess stuff and Cars. The girl sleeps in a pink room with a Belle bedsheet, the boy has got a blue room with Cars bedsheet. This is the relevance of Cars, why Disney pushes it.

Personally, I think that girls are drawn of themselves to princess stuff. They love it. Girls all dream of being Ariel, they all get it and respond to it. Whereas boys react mostly lukewarm to Cars stuff. No boy dreams of being Tow Mater. Boys are notoriously difficult to find presents for. But they parents want to buy them some, and Disney has managed to fill the gap, with a merchandise line the parents think the boys love. It is the parents who buy it for them, for no other reason than that it is there, it are cars, and it is Disney.

SirLink

Fine with me!

Back in the old days (ahem, I know) Disney had no problem creating rides and experiences that had no connection to films or TV shows... God forbid they ever do that now. I like wandering around DAK in a wholly foreign environment, with minimal connections to cartoons.

I know but let's face it the only attractions which have/are been/being built are over in the the great Orient have no connections to the toons. But in reality there are toons all over AK and I doubt even the new CEO of TWDC will not want some presence of the Toons but like Epcot AK desperately need more rides.

NoChesterHester

The thing is, they could go with the "movie set" type transitions as opposed to a true blending of areas. I doubt it would be as visually pleasing, but it would work conceptually.

If it is Pixar Place and at the terminus of Pixar Place is Radiator Springs I can't see how that would be disjointing. Perhaps only a small section of street would need to be created.

Cosmic Commando

You do realize Heimlich's Chew Chew Train is one of the most reviled attractions to ever hit a Disney park, right? I'd rather see the tires than that.

And I'd definitely hate to see Streets of America go. They're wonderful, IMO.
If by reviled, you mean beloved, then yes. Heimlich's Chew Chew Train is awesome! It's a charming, small ride.

Adam5897

Then he went on to build WDW that had clones of some rides from DL.

The original plans weren't to copy that many rides including the dark rides there were supposed to be sleeping beauty marry popping and a different version of mr toad. But Walt died and the imagineers changed those not him. This is besides the point where has the imagination gone? Just copying a land from DCA because it is popular, make good money, and requires little thinking. The people on these threads have better ideas than the imagineers do.

Adam5897

I 100% believe that if Walt was alive for the making of the magic kingdom it would have been significantly different and possible better than it was when it opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom