DHS CARS LAND

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could be why they placed the Carthay building as they did. They also had GP and possibly ToT as shields. I have never been to DCA so I do not know how the sightlines are set up. It is likely that the monorail track also limits views of the horizon as the castle walls will at the FLE. Point is, it was designed specifically for that park and I stand by my contention that it would not work at DHS. It would have to be reimagined.

I notice you did not address my confusion as to why so many people are arguing for an exact clone when usually people argue against clones. Very odd.

I can't speak for other people, but for me if they are going to do it, they need to do it right which means not scalling down the rock work. My preference is to still see something unique there, but if they go with RSR/Carsland it needs to be done right.

jt04

I can't speak for other people, but for me if they are going to do it, they need to do it right which means not scalling down the rock work. My preference is to still see something unique there, but if they go with RSR/Carsland it needs to be done right.

Or radically different. Same franchise but something fresh. Give WDI the latitude to dazzle us and they will. That is proven fact.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Or radically different. Same franchise but something fresh. Give WDI the latitude to dazzle us and they will. That is proven fact.

I would be ok with that also, but if they are going to do that then there is no reason to limit it to Cars since they would loose the benefits of cloning anyway.

CinematicFusion

This would be cool for Pixar place, it's opening in Paris in 2014...

A “trackless” dark ride based on Pixar’s Ratatouille will open in Toon Studio at Walt Disney Studios Park in 2014 or later. The project has a rumoured title Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity!, or Ratatouille: Désastre en Cuisine in French
Using “LPS” Local Positioning positioning technology from Pooh’s Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland, along with state-of-the-art 3D projection technology, the ride could see guests following Remy in a chase through the kitchens.

Think it costs 150 million so I think this may me out to go along with RSR.

I totally get what you're asking for, but don't you think this would lack cohesiveness? If they did say, a full Monstropolis or Cars Land, I think the wow impact would be a million times bigger because after all, the whole wow factor of Cars Land is how completely immersive it is-- it has the singularity of one full world that allows the guest to feel as if they have entered a completely different world... time.... etc. Making a Pixar Land wouldn't be as striking because it would be the same as what we've seen before: streets with rides that lead into guest shops. Boring compared to what an entire land could offer in terms of experience.

It's like walking into the movie. YouTube doesn't do it justice. You have to see it in person to appreciate the immersive experience of the land.

heatherkatheleen

It's like walking into the movie. YouTube doesn't do it justice. You have to see it in person to appreciate the immersive experience of the land.
I'm not arguing that it's not immersive... I'm arguing that only putting a few rides in and leaving out the rest will lack the wow factor that Cars Land gives us because the full experience won't be present.
And that argument was in response to someone who said they'd rather see a "Pixar Land" with just a bunch of attractions mishmashed together.. I was just saying that to have one entirely immersive land (whether CL or Monstropolis) would be much more impactful on fans and first-timers alike.:)

Mawg

I don't think they should build it, Radiator Springs Racers has a Height requirement of 40 inches so it's not for everyone and Walt would not have like this.

phi2134

How hard it would be to change the layout of the ride? Specifically the speed portion at the end? If they did this, they could change work with the existing land and create the rock formations to fit just right in DHS

phi2134

Not sure if serious....
3ede.jpg

PurpleRose

We're arguing about rockwork? Rockwork. Just checking.

I'm sure that the design comes into play when discussing adding the attraction to DHS. Maybe it's just me, but I think the landscape and layout of DHS will come into play and they will design it as it fits for the park. Several people had doubts when FLE was discussed and look how amazing the B&tB area looks. I'm sure it will be fine.

Rockwork. *shakes my head*

phi2134

We're arguing about rockwork? Rockwork. Just checking.

I'm sure that the design comes into play when discussing adding the attraction to DHS. Maybe it's just me, but I think the landscape and layout of DHS will come into play and they will design it as it fits for the park. Several people had doubts when FLE was discussed and look how amazing the B&tB area looks. I'm sure it will be fine.

Rockwork. *shakes my head*

I think the rockwork plays a lot bigger part in Carsland than most people think. I havent been there, but all of the articles and postings on it that I have read, say that the the rockwork and the overall look of the place is one of the main attractions. Its extremely impressive and I think i would be slightly bummed if they left that out of DHS

tomman710

It is much further away then it would be at DHS. The scale was designed specifically for DCA. It is not just the height of the rockwork but especially width of the mountain range. It would appear to go on forever if located near the LMA and there would be few places at DHS where you would not be aware it is there. You are supposed to be in an idealized Hollywood, and seeing desert scenes from all over the park would destroy sightlines. Far beyond those caused by the BAH

It would have to be radically reimagined to fit DHS.

All of this information and you have never actually stepped foot in DCA right?

PurpleRose

No, that's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that I'm sure when discussing bringing RSR over to the east coast, more than the ride will be discussed. Of course rockwork is important to add but surely they will consider the differences between DCA and DHS when creating it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom