DHS CARS LAND

Buried20KLeague

Juicy stuff.

Easy to imagine the Cars/Avatar switcheroo happening. Cars is more proven, kid-friendly, better with the merch and easier to make happen than Avatar.

I'm sure the bigger reason behind this, if it comes to pass, is that Cars is a franchise owned "in house", whereas with Avatar Cameron would be getting a huge, fat check every year in royalties.

Don't pay the royalties, and that money goes direct to the bottom line instead.

Beastlie Kingdomme plans already exist.
Mysterious Island plans already exist.

Dust both of those plans off and see if you could take the best of each.

Mysterious Island was apparantly nearly started before the recession kicked in.
People are complaining that RSR is too similar to Test Track, and now you want them to bring JttCotE, too?! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see an entirely original land pop up in WDW for a long while.

Turtle

What about a re-imagined Toy Story Playland rather than Pixar Place? West coast has Cars, East has Toy Story!

1. RC Racer (re-imagined) - Similar to RSR in which you go through Andy's backyard and an indoor dark-ride scene inside Andy's Room meeting all the toys!
2. Toy Story Midway Mania - 3. Slinky Dog ZigZag - Clone of the c-ticket from TDL.

a. Pizza Planet (restaurant)
b. Al's Toy Barn (store)

The theme could be "Andy and family go away, so shrink to a toy to come and play!". But only problem is: How do we do the proportions of Al's Toy Barn and Pizza Planet if we're Toy sized? :/

After all, Toy Story IS a much better franchise in appeal and selling. (Toy Story has great merchandise AND great critic reviews/nostalgia unlike Cars)

What do you think?

djlaosc

People are complaining that RSR is too similar to Test Track, and now you want them to bring JttCotE, too?! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see an entirely original land pop up in WDW for a long while.

First of all, I wouldn't complain if we had TT, RSR AND JttCotE at WDW - they are all different rides just using the same ride system. Besides, I can't ride them all at once, can I? ;)

Well, according to Martin (I think?) as well as possibly others, Mysterious Island, although not an entirely original ride (already exists at TDS), was about to start work back in 2007-2008 before the recession hit. So, 4-5 years ago, they were willing. Now? Who knows...

invader

What about a re-imagined Toy Story Playland rather than Pixar Place? West coast has Cars, East has Toy Story!

1. RC Racer (re-imagined) - Similar to RSR in which you go through Andy's backyard and an indoor dark-ride scene inside Andy's Room meeting all the toys!
2. Toy Story Midway Mania - 3. Slinky Dog ZigZag - Clone of the c-ticket from TDL.

a. Pizza Planet (restaurant)
b. Al's Toy Barn (store)

The theme could be "Andy and family go away, so shrink to a toy to come and play!". But only problem is: How do we do the proportions of Al's Toy Barn and Pizza Planet if we're Toy sized? :/

After all, Toy Story IS a much better franchise in appeal and selling. (Toy Story has great merchandise AND great critic reviews/nostalgia unlike Cars)

What do you think?
Cool idea up until Slinky Dog ZigZag.

Tinkerbell 8

Well it took me over 2 hours to read this thread. I think that HS is in need of new attractions to help with the flow of people. LMA was good the first few times I saw it, but as others have said, its dangerous, there are few shows a day and when it lets out there is a huge flood of people and its uncomfortable especially in August in the middle of the afternoon on those horrible bleachers. I have never been to DL, I plan on going eventually, but them having Carsland is not a huge draw for me to travel 3,000 miles. If this is what HS can do then its atleast a step in the right direction. I hope that they revamp the entire "studios" by adding the MI coaster, more Muppets and more with Toy Story.

Bolt

Well it took me over 2 hours to read this thread. I think that HS is in need of new attractions to help with the flow of people. LMA was good the first few times I saw it, but as others have said, its dangerous, there are few shows a day and when it lets out there is a huge flood of people and its uncomfortable especially in August in the middle of the afternoon on those horrible bleachers. I have never been to DL, I plan on going eventually, but them having Carsland is not a huge draw for me to travel 3,000 miles. If this is what HS can do then its atleast a step in the right direction. I hope that they revamp the entire "studios" by adding the MI coaster, more Muppets and more with Toy Story.

Or take a unique step and actually do something for The Incredibles.

Well, according to Martin (I think?) as well as possibly others, Mysterious Island, although not an entirely original ride (already exists at TDS), was about to start work back in 2007-2008 before the recession hit. So, 4-5 years ago, they were willing. Now? Who knows...
5 years ago they didn't have a massive, hugely successful theme park area based on one of the most popular franchises of all time down the road.

WANT! Unfortunately I think WDW has Toy Story pretty well covered, but I'd love to see this elsewhere.

Turtle

5 years ago they didn't have a massive, hugely successful theme park area based on one of the most popular franchises of all time down the road.

WANT! Unfortunately I think WDW has Toy Story pretty well covered, but I'd love to see this elsewhere.
Well after all this is for a toy story LAND, so i think it'd be fine IMO. and then with a toy story land then buzz lightyear in MK can be replaced with something else (NOT RELOCATED)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom