DHS CARS LAND

twebber55

I would imagine probably around $400 million, considering the project also includes a themed peoplemover system connecting it IoA.
thats for the whole land i m talking just gringotts the ride? just curious how they compare..obviously rock work for RSR was the huge expense

PeterAlt

thats for the whole land i m talking just gringotts the ride? just curious how they compare..obviously rock work for RSR was the huge expense
I found this as I was searching for it...

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2012/description-of-hogwarts-express-and-gringotts-bank/

Points of interest... They are spending double than they did for Phase I. Also, the bit about how J.K. threatened to pull the IP from them because of proported value engineering that she in particular didn't like. I wonder if James Cameron is doing the same thing with Avatar. I hope so! Lol

jt04

I think they could build carsland without RSR to be honest and just have a mountain range in the background (of radiator springs) but not the ride....then use the savings for other things in DHS and DAK

Yes.

Of course the mountain range could also be done virtually through a mix of rockwork and projections. Possibly incorporating CC.

It is completely unimaginable that they would try to duplicate the rockwork form DCA. That people even think that would be a possibility in Florida is frightening. The only reason they went to that expense in California is because they needed something to put DCA 'on the map' and the park had serious problems with visual intrusions from the real world. Neither of these are an issue at WDW.

A clone of Carsland is not happening. A reimagined Carsland makes perfect sense.

doctornick

But that's how the average guest is going to see it though.

Are you suggesting that the "average guest" is going to see Test Track and RSR as the "same ride"? If you are, I'd argue that you are completely wrong. It's only someone who is very in tune with Disney and knows detailed information about attractions that would even compare the two.

The "average visitor" would not have the slightly clue that RSR and Test Track use the same ride system and certainly would not equate the rides as being similar experiences at all.

jt04

I found this as I was searching for it...

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2012/description-of-hogwarts-express-and-gringotts-bank/

Points of interest... They are spending double than they did for Phase I. Also, the bit about how J.K. threatened to pull the IP from them because of proported value engineering that she in particular didn't like. I wonder if James Cameron is doing the same thing with Avatar. I hope so! Lol

Doubt it. Disney has leverage with the Cars, Star Wars and other IP that Universal couldn't match. Cameron probably wants Pandora more than the mouse at this point. Remember Pandora pre-dates the acquisition of Star Wars.

PeterAlt

Yes.

Of course the mountain range could also be done virtually through a mix of rockwork and projections. Possibly incorporating CC.

It is completely unimaginable that they would try to duplicate the rockwork form DCA. That people even think that would be a possibility in Florida is frightening. The only reason they went to that expense in California is because they needed something to put DCA 'on the map' and the park had serious problems with visual intrusions from the real world. Neither of these are an issue at WDW.

A clone of Carsland is not happening. A reimagined Carsland makes perfect sense.
They're not interested in sense. Just dollar$.

doctornick

I think they could build carsland without RSR to be honest and just have a mountain range in the background (of radiator springs) but not the ride....then use the savings for other things in DHS and DAK

Totally disagree. Without RSR, Cars Land is all style but no substance -- nice to look at, but missing the big thing to actually do there. Basically, the same problem and complaints we are seeing with the FLE.

Now, I guess if they built Cars Land and had a different E-ticket instead of RSR, then that's one thing. But to just build Cars Land (i.e. the town of Radiator Springs) but without RSR and no replacement would be pointless IMHO. At that point, just add the Mater ride to a larger Pixar Place expansion and forget about a Cars themed subland.

jt04

They're not interested in sense. Just dollar$.

Well that is the reality of any business enterprise.

A smaller Carsland with a D ticket could be a very effective crowd pleaser. Why some want a clone of Carsland rather than Star Wars Land or an E-ticketed Pandora is obvious. Some are here trolling for on behalf of Universal.

PeterAlt

A smaller Carsland with a D ticket could be a very effective crowd pleaser. Why some want a clone of Carsland rather than Star Wars Land or an E-ticketed Pandora is obvious. Some are here trolling for on behalf of Universal.
Accept nothing less than a new E ticket. After FLE, they owe it to us!

twebber55

Star wars makes more since to me than Cars land because you already have a pixar place

jt04

Accept nothing less than a new E ticket. After FLE, they owe it to us!

I agree. An E-ticket is way overdue. But likely only one would ever be approved at one time. Hope I am wrong. But if only one is possible, I'd prefer it as part of Star Wars or Avatar or something Pixar besides Cars. If I want to experience RSR, I just need to go to DL.

RSR is last on my E Ticket wish list.

PorterRedkey

Rumors, can raise expectations or in OTPN case lower them. I wonder if this is a trial balloon, or just educated speculation.

I do enjoy some shows, but it will not make me book a trip. I will probably head down to check out US/IOA once the new Potterland is built and maybe check out the WDW's new stuff (completed FLE and TT), but for the first time I won't be spending my whole week at WDW.

PeterAlt

I agree. An E-ticket is way overdue. But likely only one would ever be approved at one time. Hope I am wrong. But if only one is possible, I'd prefer it as part of Star Wars or Avatar or something Pixar besides Cars. If I want to experience RSR, I just need to go to DL.

RSR is last on my E Ticket wish list.
An E-ticket for Avatar. An E-ticket for an expansion of DHS. Two parks. Two E-tickets. Nothing less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom