DHS CARS LAND

GoofGoof

Premium Member
1) Nothing says it has to be done all at once.
2) Nothing says Star Wars content might not be placed in one of the other parks also (see Pixar) eventually
3) Nothing says Star Wars won't also become a boutique park some day.

I would love to see more Star Wars at DHS. Probably more than Cars Land. I don't see a 5th gate for Star Wars and it has limited appeal to me outside of DHS and of course a giant Star Wars store in Disney Springs.

What I don't want to see is a half baked attempt at adding Star Wars on the cheap. A restaurant, an expanded Jedi academy and a themed bathroom and meet and greet isn't getting it done for me. If they go Star Wars they should go big and go Potter style with everything opening at one time. None of this staggered opening like FLE. For me going big is everything I already listed plus at least 2 rides. 1 a major E ticket and the other at least a D or possibly another E. To build this it will take more than $500M.

If the budget is $500M they could pull off a quality Carsland and maybe a few extras for the rest of the park.

ThemeParks4Life

That rumor came from Orlando Theme Park News, and I doubt it'll happen. They're saying the BAH is coming down around November, Princess and the Frog is replacing BATB, and Great Movie Ride's refurb will only be to spruce up the scenes and the finale.

jt04

I would love to see more Star Wars at DHS. Probably more than Cars Land. I don't see a 5th gate for Star Wars and it has limited appeal to me outside of DHS and of course a giant Star Wars store in Disney Springs.

What I don't want to see is a half baked attempt at adding Star Wars on the cheap. A restaurant, an expanded Jedi academy and a themed bathroom and meet and greet isn't getting it done for me. If they go Star Wars they should go big and go Potter style with everything opening at one time. None of this staggered opening like FLE. For me going big is everything I already listed plus at least 2 rides. 1 a major E ticket and the other at least a D or possibly another E. To build this it will take more than $500M.

If the budget is $500M they could pull off a quality Carsland and maybe a few extras for the rest of the park.

If they are ever going to do a boutique park at WDW, Star Wars is the perfect vehicle IMO.

I am not arguing against Carsland. I think it is a great idea. Just no RSR clone.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If they are ever going to do a boutique park at WDW, Star Wars is the perfect vehicle IMO.

I am not arguing against Carsland. I think it is a great idea. Just no RSR clone.

I would be OK with it not being a clone, but new design means more money and I just don't see them shelling out the cash when they have a very successful clone option.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I think theming an entire park around one franchise, even one as strong as Star Wars, is a bad idea. The public is very fickle, you just never know when something will fall out of favor and be replaced by the next big thing. With that said, if they did build one I would be first in line. :)

twebber55

i was intriuged by the rumor....if its something besides RSR they can claim no clone and allow DCA to keep it exclusive there...also this tells me more star wars down the road maybe a little further than i originally thought maybe by 2019-2020

jt04

I would be OK with it not being a clone, but new design means more money and I just don't see them shelling out the cash when they have a very successful clone option.

They could think up an entirely new application for Cars using current technology. The Crush system or Ratatouille system or a trackless system dark ride could all work. I just do not believe they would build an E-Ticket clone in such close proximity in this day and age. I think it would be a terribly poor decision. Time will tell.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They could think up an entirely new application for Cars using current technology. The Crush system or Ratatouille system or a trackless system dark ride could all work. I just do not believe they would build an E-Ticket clone in such close proximity in this day and age. I think it would be a terribly poor decision. Time will tell.

The original article, which is also skeptical of the RSR rumors, make a good point. They value of building Carsland is the cost savings in development. If they are going to spend the money developing a new E-Ticket why bother with Carsland at all, why not go with another franchise like Star Wars?

jt04

The original article, which is also skeptical of the RSR rumors, make a good point. They value of building Carsland is the cost savings in development. If they are going to spend the money developing a new E-Ticket why bother with Carsland at all, why not go with another franchise like Star Wars?

Great question. They could clone much of the existing architecture. Personally I think focusing on making an E-ticket would be poor planning. Your target audience should be a primary consideration. Which means a compelling D-Ticket. Something closer to 'Mr Toad' than 'Test Track'. Make the WDW version of Carsland more family oriented and save the E-Ticket thrill budget for Pandora and Star Wars. IMO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Great question. They could clone much of the existing architecture. Personally I think focusing on making an E-ticket would be poor planning. Your target audience should be a primary consideration. Which means a compelling D-Ticket. Something closer to 'Mr Toad' than 'Test Track'. Make the WDW version of Carsland more family oriented and save the E-Ticket thrill budget for Pandora and Star Wars. IMO.

But has been discussed in other threads recently, E-Ticket doesn't necessarily have to equate to high thrills, you can build a family friendly E-ticket.

jt04

But has been discussed in other threads recently, E-Ticket doesn't necessarily have to equate to high thrills, you can build a family friendly E-ticket.

True and that could be great. But a D ticket can get equal results at half the budget. Let's be perfectly frank (with apologies to 74) any add is meant to sell admission tickets and merchandise. A scaled down Carsland will do this fine. Where they can't budget (again this is my opinion) is with something like Star Wars or Pandora. Those need to be compelling to an older thrill seeking audience to resonate.

doctornick

Yeah, I'd agree. While certainly there'd be some cost savings in copying Carsland itself, it's basically just buildings and a well themed whip ride (Mater's). None of that is too expensive -- the biggest savings would be in cloning RSR given the complex scenery (rockwork), AAs and ride program (randomized race at the end, two options in the middle that get coordinated, etc).

I'd actually rather they do the opposite and keep RSR and ditch the rest of Carsland, but use that money to create a different immersive environment for DHS (Monstropolis, Star Wars, etc.).

doctornick

maybe they re thinking we have a similar ride system right next door in test track so why do it here...just offering suggestions

If they think that, then they are being idiots IMHO. TT and RSR are completely different rides and experiences. No more similar than Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear are to each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom