DHS CARS LAND

jt04

Yeah, I'd agree. While certainly there'd be some cost savings in copying Carsland itself, it's basically just buildings and a well themed whip ride (Mater's). None of that is too expensive -- the biggest savings would be in cloning RSR given the complex scenery (rockwork), AAs and ride program (randomized race at the end, two options in the middle that get coordinated, etc).

I'd actually rather they do the opposite and keep RSR and ditch the rest of Carsland, but use that money to create a different immersive environment for DHS (Monstropolis, Star Wars, etc.).

See this is where I think TDO may get itself in trouble. I have no problems believing that doing as you suggest here is perceived as the lazy way out to folks at TDA and Disney executives. It would be incredibly counter-productive as it would cannibalize guests who might otherwise go to DL. This is why I just do not believe it was ever seriously considered by TDO. Surely, they have to know the suggestion would go right in the shredder and just make the decision makers question the judgement of anyone who had such a plan. IMO.

FutureWorld1982

That rumor came from Orlando Theme Park News, and I doubt it'll happen. They're saying the BAH is coming down around November, Princess and the Frog is replacing BATB, and Great Movie Ride's refurb will only be to spruce up the scenes and the finale.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, we are just quoting what one of the readers of our site shared with us. We do not have any insider knowledge regarding these rumors, so we don't know if all this will happen for a certainty. Of course, these sound like very interesting rumors, so we were more than happy to share them. That's all.

doctornick

Just to make sure we are on the same page, we are just quoting what one of the readers of our site shared with us. We do not have any insider knowledge regarding these rumors, so we don't know if all this will happen for a certainty. Of course, these sound like very interesting rumors, so we were more than happy to share them. That's all.

Right, so let's not go to crazy with believing these rumors or assuming they are correct. They are basically as meaningful as a post on this message board. That makes them good discussion fodder, but not necessarily gospel.

Personally, I'm skeptical of the information as much of it doesn't make sense to me (same Cars Land but with different ride instead of RSR, building in DAK but specifically axing the nighttime show and parade). Most of the stuff if pretty much verbatim quoted off of this and other rumor sites -- which might mean that the person has a "source" validating those rumors or it might mean that the person is just piecing together a bunch of rumors, adding a twist and passing it off as novel information.

Still, it's fun to talk about stuff. We'll just have to wait until D23 to know more concrete plans (which still can change, of course). Maybe we need a countdown clock to D23.

Captain Neo

The first post makes no sense. He says he deleted because Disney is investigating but yet he has a pic of himself and his crew next to his name and anyone from Disney can just browse his post history to put the pieces together.

NoChesterHester

There is definitely nothing out of left field here. These rumors look like they could very well have been ripped from the pages of WDW Magic.

I'm sure what will actually get announced at D23 will change seventeen times between now and then.

Pumbaa1222

I wonder if the cloning issue with RSR is more about weather than anything else. To have the flagship attraction be closed for hours each day with rain does not seem like it will be a cost savings. Perhaps the change is installing it indoors using the same technology but changing the story.

RSoxNo1

The "not-RSR" rumor is intriguing. I have nothing against RSR, it's an excellent attraction and I look forward to going on it again in a few months. I would just prefer something new. Considering the budget of RSR (reportedly north of $300 million) it's not unreasonable that a "value engineered" Cars Land still includes a $200 million E-Ticket.

twebber55

The "not-RSR" rumor is intriguing. I have nothing against RSR, it's an excellent attraction and I look forward to going on it again in a few months. I would just prefer something new. Considering the budget of RSR (reportedly north of $300 million) it's not unreasonable that a "value engineered" Cars Land still includes a $200 million E-Ticket.
300 million for 1 ride is rediculous

i wonder how much spider man cost when it debuted?

in my opinion of course

lazyboy97o

after the recent info on the plane rotating ride system, could they be putting in cars and planes attractions?
Disney files patents all the time without there necessarily being a [stateside] attraction in active development. Planes would first need to be a hit and likely also receive Pixar's blessing on more overt connections to Cars.

PeterAlt

300 million for 1 ride is rediculous

i wonder how much spider man cost when it debuted?

in my opinion of course
While I agree that $300 million for a ride is ridiculous, RSR was $350 million - and that seems to be the going rate these days for a great E ticket.

WDWDad13

I think they could build carsland without RSR to be honest and just have a mountain range in the background (of radiator springs) but not the ride....then use the savings for other things in DHS and DAK

PeterAlt

Have you seen Disney's movie up for 2015? They're spending like $2 billion of movies alone that year! Eisner treated theme park attractions the same way as movies. If Disney still had that attitude about theme park attractions, they would be spending $2 billion on theme park attractions for 2015!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom