DHS CARS LAND

ctxak98

I must be the only person (or certainly in the minority) who does not like the Cars Land rock work. It serves a distinct purpose in DCA, which is not necessary in DHS.
Again, just MY opinion, but Disney seems to have gone "rock crazy" lately. Not every queue needs tens of millions of dollars of pretty rocks at the expense of value engineering the actual attraction. I'm looking at you, Ariel.
I COMPLETELY AGREE! I for one am Not one of those people who even want Carsland in DHS. I want something more original! I get that the ride needs the Rockwork to fit the theme of the ride. But seriously the ride looks good and all from what I can see, But I personally am just not drawn to Cars itself where the ride becomes anything more then Test Track you could say!

And On another note....Don't you think it would look kind of silly that randomly through a Theme Park that looks like Hollywood to have a giant space for some random rockwork? I think Pixar place wouldn't feel like a part of Carsland because they are two totally separate feelings of space...even though its Pixar its not cohesive! I don't know just My thoughts on that project!

doctornick

If they build Radiator Springs without the rock work it's not even worth it. If that's the case they might as well build a dark ride similar to Racers but use other Pixar properties back in that area too.

As much as I love Cars Land, I would totally be fine with just adding RSR to Pixar Place and using the other space to add rides related to other Pixar films (Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, Incredibles, etc.).

The Empress Lilly

I must be the only person (or certainly in the minority) who does not like the Cars Land rock work. It serves a distinct purpose in DCA, which is not necessary in DHS.
Again, just MY opinion, but Disney seems to have gone "rock crazy" lately. Not every queue needs tens of millions of dollars of pretty rocks at the expense of value engineering the actual attraction. I'm looking at you, Ariel.
I hear ya!

People rave about FLE's looks. But can you imagine how good FL would've looked like if instead of rocks they had build the place to look like a mediaeval European village? Of World Showcase / New Orleans Square quality?

Instead...
...grey rocks for BatB...
...red rocks for Mermaid...
...brown rocks for 7 Dwarf Coaster...
...orange rocks for Tangled...

:confused:

misterID

If they build Radiator Springs without the rock work it's not even worth it. If that's the case they might as well build a dark ride similar to Racers but use other Pixar properties back in that area too.

The one reason I think they could get away with the faux rock backdrop boards is that DHS is based on a movie studio so it would go with the theme, as it's already present in the park.

And if we do get it, I think there should be clear difference between the two rides.

Californian Elitist

Based on the posts I've been reading, I can absolutely tell who's visited Cars Land (not Carsland) and who hasn't.

Do you guys get that Cadillac Range is a part of Radiator Springs? It's not like the rock work was put in Cars Land for just whatever. The mountains/Cadillac Range is a part of RSR as well... RSR sort of depicts the scene in Cars where Sally and Lightning are racing through, you guessed it, Cadillac Range. Without Cadillac Range, you don't have RSR, or you have a poor substitute.

Why do people keep comparing the rocks in Mermaid's queue to Cadillac Range? They serve two different purposes.

jt04

Have you visted Carsland yet? I have, and that rock work is an intergral part of what makes that land so spectacular. Unfortuently I would not be surprised if they cut it, but I think it would be a bad idea.

It is quite likely the foundation work required to duplicate it in Florida makes that impossible. Please find another dead horse to beat.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is quite likely the foundation work required to duplicate it in Florida makes that impossible. Please find another dead horse to beat.

Why would the foundation be a problem? Expedition Everest probably has more rock work then Carsland would and they didn't seem to have a problem with that. Not to mention the kind of foundation needed for the LMA grandstand which has to support a large number of people packed n a fairly small area.

spacemt354

Chili's
As much as I love Cars Land, I would totally be fine with just adding RSR to Pixar Place and using the other space to add rides related to other Pixar films (Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, Incredibles, etc.).

I'd even go a step further and say I'd be fine with not having Carsland at all. The more I think of it, the more it doesn't fit in DHS, and will just add to the thematic mess of the park. Will it be part of Pixar Place? Or a separate land entirely? Either one of those cases dramatically shifts the balance of power in the park. If a full Carsland arrives in DHS, now 3 of the 9 rides in the park would revolve around Cars. And in addition, a "studio" concept is thrust together with immense rockwork and themes that don't really mix with what the studios concept.

However, if Carsland does arrive, it can't arrive by itself. It must arrive with a full overhaul of the park's philosophy, otherwise it will stick out like a well themed sore thumb.

jt04

Why would the foundation be a problem? Expedition Everest probably has more rock work then Carsland would and they didn't seem to have a problem with that. Not to mention the kind of foundation needed for the LMA grandstand which has to support a large number of people packed n a fairly small area.

Everest has a much smaller footprint than RSR. If you look closely you can see how the trimmed Everest's base. I wouldn't be surprised if this is because the foundation work busted the budget. Also, the area where Cadillac Range would have to be built is near a quite marshy area. This on top of all the other reasons I have mentioned make it an illogical choice IMO. But maybe I will be proven wrong and they will clone Carsland. Time will tell.

The Empress Lilly

Once you see Cars Land in person, you'll want it. Videos do not do the place justice. Most beautiful theme park addition in years!
New Orleans Square is purdy too. But still I don't want it.

I do want CL quality in WDW. NOS, CL, BVS, these are gorgeous DL areas. But let them stay there. Instead give WDW a Star Wars land of CL/Potter quality. Or, maybe even better yet, a land based on original, non-IP, creativity.

Turtle

i really can't wait to see this completed.

Am I the only one who thinks this could almost be on RSR level in terms of the backdrop?

Also, are we positive that it's a D-Ticket? Cause construction to me looks like it's bigger than that.

Cosmic Commando

Seriously... the mountain range MAKES Cars Land what it is! Nobody walks down that little Route 66 and says, "I can't believe I'm standing next to Sarge's Surplus Hut!" You turn the corner to walk down Route 66, and the whole scene is what hits you. You see that massive mountain range behind the town just like it was in the movie; it's awesome. The Cadillac Range is part of the town; it's not just a bas relief facade stuck on a giant show building. You walk through the rocks in the Racers queue. You enter under a rock arch if you're coming from Pacific Wharf. You curl around the iconic butte during the outdoor portion of Racers. You NEED the rocks!

The Empress Lilly

Seriously... the mountain range MAKES Cars Land what it is! Nobody walks down that little Route 66 and says, "I can't believe I'm standing next to Sarge's Surplus Hut!" You turn the corner to walk down Route 66, and the whole scene is what hits you. You see that massive mountain range behind the town just like it was in the movie; it's awesome. The Cadillac Range is part of the town; it's not just a bas relief facade stuck on a giant show building. You walk through the rocks in the Racers queue. You enter under a rock arch if you're coming from Pacific Wharf. You curl around the iconic butte during the outdoor portion of Racers. You NEED the rocks!
Yes, there's no point in CL without the Cadillac Range. (If only for the brilliance of that wordplay itself!)

Either build a full CL, or nothing at all. I can see a single Cars ride, if they must. But I'm afraid that will only be unfavorably compared with the full CL in DCA, so I would avoid that.

jt04

Why duplicate perfection rather than creating new perfection. da Vinci did not keep painting copies of the Mona Lisa. He made one and moved on to something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom