DHS CARS LAND

PeterAlt

RnRC wasn't a Crimestoppers replacement, as such. More it was built where Crimestoppers would have been. And was a quick knee jerk cheap attraction using an off the shelf ride as opposed to the original proposals. The ride visuals and theming make Peter Pans Flight look state of the art...
More like "Okay, since DTCS is cancelled, what E-ticket could we put there that's fast and won't break the bank?"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
More like "Okay, since DTCS is cancelled, what E-ticket could we put there that's fast and won't break the bank?"
The Rocking Rollercoaster (as originally called) was in development since 1993-ish. An elaborate, inside and out custom coaster. Sadly MGM Europe was cancelled, along with its flagship E Ticket (DTCS) and development costs couldn't be shared.

So yes, instead of the intricate theming and details of The Hollywood Tower that was to have continued to the wharf side, into Roger Rabbits Hollywood and Mickeys Movieland, they built a shed for a third party coaster with painted flat signs and UV lights. At least Paris got a coaster ride with more visuals.

PeterAlt

The Rocking Rollercoaster (as originally called) was in development since 1993-ish. An elaborate, inside and out custom coaster. Sadly MGM Europe was cancelled, along with its flagship E Ticket (DTCS) and development costs couldn't be shared.

So yes, instead of the intricate theming and details of The Hollywood Tower that was to have continued to the wharf side, into Roger Rabbits Hollywood and Mickeys Movieland, they built a shed for a third party coaster with painted flat signs and UV lights. At least Paris got a coaster ride with more visuals.
Elaborate on the last sentence. I haven't been to Paris so I don't know what you're referring to.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rock n Roller in Paris has hundreds of lights in the gravity building that produce the mother of all concert lighting. The track flies through, over, under and in-between lighting trusses. Theres strobes, moving head lights, reflected lighting, washes, spotlights - and all follow the trains around producing a custom light show in sync and unique to the onboard audio playing on each train. Over the past year the lighting was all upgraded to LED for better effect and reliability and a new misting system introduced to better highlight the effects.

PeterAlt

Rock n Roller in Paris has hundreds of lights in the gravity building that produce the mother of all concert lighting. The track flies through, over, under and in-between lighting trusses. Theres strobes, moving head lights, reflected lighting, washes, spotlights - and all follow the trains around producing a custom light show in sync and unique to the onboard audio playing on each train. Over the past year the lighting was all upgraded to LED for better effect and reliability and a new misting system introduced to better highlight the effects.
So, they could update our version, right? That's in their studio park, right? And thanks for the videos!

Californian Elitist

Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd at DHS are just BVS 10-20 years later in timeframe. What's wrong with DCA East? One of the biggest complaints was that Disney built a theme park about California IN California... logically, that implies that they think a theme park about California would fit better in a different state. ;)

You know I hate clones... It would be crazy if they changed DHS' name, AGAIN, and transformed it into DCA. Unique ideas, please!

Californian Elitist

They didn't clone Haunted Mansion for HKDL and put Mystic Manor in instead. They put something entirely different in for Space Mountain in Paris but used the same name even though its completely different.

Tokyo's Magic Kingdom is a collection of exact clones from the other parks world-wide. TDS is a collection of originals.

So....

The concept is exactly the same as Disneyland's. THE CONCEPT. I didn't say all the rides from Disneyland have been duplicated in other parks, although the majority of them have. I also didn't say the other Disneyland-style parks didn't have unique versions of Disneyland's rides. Disneyland, a park with a Main Street, with a castle as a weenie, that leads to a hub, which separates into four distinct lands, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, has been copied multiple times (there's only one, original Disneyland, but you know what I mean, hopefully). Shall I name the copies for you?

Magic Kingdom, opened in 1971

Tokyo Disneyland, opened in 1983

Disneyland Paris, opened in 1992

Hong Kong Disneyland, opened in 2005

Shanghai Disneyland, opening in 2015

Do you understand what I meant, now?

IWant2GoNow

Example:

***Deleted videos for clutter elimination***

That looks much better, IMO, than what DHS has. It always bugged me that the coaster was so good, & the preshow was so interesting, then you get in the ride show building & all you get is random blacklit flats of donuts & road signs. Still enjoy the ride but I like the Test Track-esque scaffolding lighting better in Paris' RNR. :)

PeterAlt

The concept is exactly the same as Disneyland's. THE CONCEPT. I didn't say all the rides from Disneyland have been duplicated in other parks, although the majority of them have. I also didn't say the other Disneyland-style parks didn't have unique versions of Disneyland's rides. Disneyland, a park with a Main Street, with a castle as a weenie, that leads to a hub, which separates into four distinct lands, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, has been copied multiple times (there's only one, original Disneyland, but you know what I mean, hopefully). Shall I name the copies for you?

Magic Kingdom, opened in 1971

Tokyo Disneyland, opened in 1983

Disneyland Paris, opened in 1992

Hong Kong Disneyland, opened in 2005

Shanghai Disneyland, opening in 2015

Do you understand what I meant, now?
I understand what you mean... Didn't have to list all the MK parks... Lol

Hey, at least they're all production models of the only park Walt Disney himself had a hand in designing its prototype!

Nmoody1

Erm, Florida is waaaaay more superior to Paris. The theming in Paris is awful - you are in a room with lights. That's it. At least Orlando has a story - Paris has Aerosmith music and flashing lights. I'll take Florida any day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Erm, Florida is waaaaay more superior to Paris. The theming in Paris is awful - you are in a room with lights. That's it. At least Orlando has a story - Paris has Aerosmith music and flashing lights. I'll take Florida any day.
Errr.... Paris has a backstory and excellent theming. Theming very similar to Orlando (exterior excluded perhaps). The preshow is treated as the sequal to Orlando. The mainshow has far more to see.

The Empress Lilly

I much prefer RnRC in DHS. All that lighting rig in Paris is very much teh flashy and all that, but you don't really experience much of it from your speeding car. Just multi-coloured lightbeams. And why would I want to see concert lighting from my limousine anyway, I'm not on a concert stage, I'm on a motorway!

Paris is too clever for its own good, both in story and in technical execution.

DHS by contrast tells a story, somewhat takes you places. Those blacklit cardboards look great. Like Toad did. :)

BryceM

I much prefer RnRC in DHS. All that lighting rig in Paris is very much teh flashy and all that, but you don't really experience much of it from your speeding car. Just multi-coloured lightbeams. And why would I want to see concert lighting from my limousine anyway, I'm not on a concert stage, I'm on a motorway!

Paris is too clever for its own good, both in story and in technical execution.

DHS by contrast tells a story, somewhat takes you places. Those blacklit cardboards look great. Like Toad did. :)
Agreed 100%.

cslafferty

Could someone please tell me on which of the previous 230 pages did the discussion about Carsland coming to DHS end? I was only wondering if it had been confirmed or was still a rumor, but nothing on the last 2 pages had anything to do with it. Thanks! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom