DHS CARS LAND

GeneralZod

I'm going to WDW in two weeks (yay!) and I have no plans on going to DHS or Animal Kingdom. For the price of a day ticket, I just don't think either of these are worth it.

I'm voting with my pocketbook. I know the arguement of AK being more than a zoo, but let's be real here. My local zoo costs $15 and offers hours- if not a full days worth of entertainment.

That being said, I'll gladly go to DHS if it's greatly updated and new things besides Toy Story garbage is added to it. Same with AK- more attractions, rides,and fix the damn problems instead of just netting them. Then I'd go. :)

I don't care what's put in DHS. Star wars? Absolutely- love the idea. Carsland? Ok, fine. Monsters Inc? Sure. Anything at this point is an upgrade.

So...just to be clear...Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Muppets, "Toy Story Garbage", One Man's Dream, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Citizens of hollywood, The Magic of Disney, food that is actually different from the norm, and quite a few other attractions that I assume don't meet the quality necessary to be on this list do not make the park worthy of more than half a day, but adding Monsters Inc would? ;)

This park needs some help with its identity and a few attractions put to pasture, but I really don't get the vitriol.

Communicore

I realized that "One Man's Dream" just makes me wish that the attractions in the other parks in that exhibit are brought here. I'm sure a lot would agree with me.

AswaySuller

Harry and the hendersons?

It must have been a while since you went out there!
The tour at Hollywood is great and Is almost always slightly different.

I enjoy DHS but here's the problem you have... It's only two great attractions are sat right next to each other so most of the crowd is at that end of the park at all times!
RnR and TOT. Consistently had 90min plus wait times these last two weeks while everything else bar toy story was a walk on!
An E-ticket is needed at the other end of the park because it seems like no one walks further than midway mania!

Californian Elitist

DCA is far from perfect... It's been vastly improved in the last 3 years or so but it's no DL.

I agree, but I've noticed DLR first-timers have been preferring DCA and claiming it's superior to Disneyland.

lookaround.gif_thumb.jpg

BryceM

There is an indoor roller coaster about 10 miles down the road that makes it look pathetic. It's my opinion, but it was a knee-jerk reaction to IOA and it shows... Again my opinion admittedly.
Yes, Revenge of the Mummy is a WAY better attraction than RnRC, no doubt. And if RnRC was a reaction to Universal's Islands of Adventure, then it wasn't very good, especially since its a park that is 10x better than DHS.

nicknick553

I am now a Walt Disney World Cast Member. I will be working the Backlot Tour starting May 3rd. What will happen to me if the Cars Land rumor is true? Will I be reassigned or laid off?

Cosmic Commando

Honestly, and slightly off topic, I'm disappointed with the under utilization of Magic of Animation. I've always wanted to see a dark ride that would incorporate the history of Disney classics. So many great Disney movies have no ride presence; Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Mulan, etc. Think of the detail and effects that could go into creating a ride that would start off with a black and white set, create projection effects for the "sketching" and then bring the scenes to life with color. It would be amazing.
I think the "Movies" pavilion at Epcot was supposed to have a dark ride that showed how an animated film is made...

Cosmic Commando

Although I agree the studios aspect just won't work in Florida... DCA East?!?! NO. What the heck?
Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd at DHS are just BVS 10-20 years later in timeframe. What's wrong with DCA East? One of the biggest complaints was that Disney built a theme park about California IN California... logically, that implies that they think a theme park about California would fit better in a different state. ;)

PeterAlt

I am now a Walt Disney World Cast Member. I will be working the Backlot Tour starting May 3rd. What will happen to me if the Cars Land rumor is true? Will I be reassigned or laid off?
Probably. But, let us know when and if they start talking about relocating and Cars!

PeterAlt

Yes, Revenge of the Mummy is a WAY better attraction than RnRC, no doubt. And if RnRC was a reaction to Universal's Islands of Adventure, then it wasn't very good, especially since its a park that is 10x better than DHS.
I like RRRC better than Mummy. Mummy kind of reminded me of a cheap version of DL's Indiana Jones. RRRC was actually a replacement for Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers that was cancelled. DTCS was part of an effort to triple DHS capacity. That effort also included Sunset Boulevard and TZToT and other rides that were built as part of DL's Toon Town. In other words, it had nothing to do with Universal.

PeterAlt

RnRC is certainly not "lame"... It's fine if you don't like it, but it's honestly a pretty great attraction (once you get past the cardboard cutouts).
I guess to each their own. It's what Space Mountain should be and is at DL. Smooth tracks and on board audio minus the cool space effects.

PeterAlt

Disneyland's concept has been copied four, going on five times now, so...
They didn't clone Haunted Mansion for HKDL and put Mystic Manor in instead. They put something entirely different in for Space Mountain in Paris but used the same name even though its completely different.

Tokyo's Magic Kingdom is a collection of exact clones from the other parks world-wide. TDS is a collection of originals.

So....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I like RRRC better than Mummy. Mummy kind of reminded me of a cheap version of DL's Indiana Jones. RRRC was actually a replacement for Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers that was cancelled. DTCS was part of an effort to triple DHS capacity. That effort also included Sunset Boulevard and TZToT and other rides that were built as part of DL's Toon Town. In other words, it had nothing to do with Universal.
RnRC wasn't a Crimestoppers replacement, as such. More it was built where Crimestoppers would have been. And was a quick knee jerk cheap attraction using an off the shelf ride as opposed to the original proposals. The ride visuals and theming make Peter Pans Flight look state of the art...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom