DHS CARS LAND

asianway

I am now a Walt Disney World Cast Member. I will be working the Backlot Tour starting May 3rd. What will happen to me if the Cars Land rumor is true? Will I be reassigned or laid off?
Reassigned...that's the only thing the union is good for. Shy of landing in the Sentinel police blotter trolling for cookies & lemonade it's near impossible to lose an hourly role.

RSoxNo1

My suggestion for "re-theming" RnRC would be to change the entrance location from Sunset Boulevard to the Animation Courtyard area and convert that area to a Television and Radio area. Obviously, it would have been nice if they could have had a true dark ride scene or two like The Mummy, but it's a bit late for that.

TalkingHead

Paris is too clever for its own good, both in story and in technical execution.

DHS by contrast tells a story, somewhat takes you places. Those blacklit cardboards look great. Like Toad did. :)

Funny, I'd say the same thing about DHS -- it's too clever for its own good. The abstract light-and-smoke approach is much more successful for the coaster layout than the cartoonish sightseeing approach at DHS. Not to mention, going to an Aerosmith concert isn't my idea of a good time. I'd rather be taking the limo to the after party.

Imagineer Mitch

So to add with the whole Star Wars land... they are removing trees and huge concrete planters behind the Indiana Jones show. Don't know if the show is going with an expansion but they sure are getting rid of a lot behind it.

twebber55

So to add with the whole Star Wars land... they are removing trees and huge concrete planters behind the Indiana Jones show. Don't know if the show is going with an expansion but they sure are getting rid of a lot behind it.
gotta mean something..hopefully star wars land will be rolling out in 2016 or so

would still like cars land if we get it though

RyenDeckard

can you imagine if DHS did Star Wars Land, CarsLand, and the Monster's Coaster at the same time... talk about a wow factor

That would be incredible and cement DHS as my favorite Disney park.

But it would also kill Epcot so that won't happen without Epcot getting something major as well. I won't hold my breath, but I would really love to see a Disney revival.

doctornick

Probably some good individual attractions, but I'd still be lost as to why they are all there right next to each other.

Howso? The Pixar ones would be in Pixar Place and the Star Wars ones would be in the current Echo Lake area (which I guess could be potentially renamed) where the current Star Wars attraction is.

cheezbat

That would be incredible and cement DHS as my favorite Disney park.

But it would also kill Epcot so that won't happen without Epcot getting something major as well. I won't hold my breath, but I would really love to see a Disney revival.
While that would beef up DHS, it would not only hurt Epcot but also Animal Kingdom. There needs to be multiple attractions planned for the other parks too. The only one that can stand on its own is MK

Tim_4

Probably some good individual attractions, but I'd still be lost as to why they are all there right next to each other.
Would you agree with me that Carsland wouldn't fit in Pixar Place, thematically (or in DHS period for that matter)? Yes, Cars is a Pixar property but Radiator Springs is themed as a real live place on a map, not the product of an animation studio. Plus, a land in a land wouldn't work either.

twebber55

Would you agree with me that Carsland wouldn't fit in Pixar Place, thematically (or in DHS period for that matter)? Yes, Cars is a Pixar property but Radiator Springs is themed as a real live place on a map, not the product of an animation studio. Plus, a land in a land wouldn't work either.
i would

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom