DHS CARS LAND

RSoxNo1

I think, since they have long abandoned the "working studio" mantra, they should split the park off into different "studios" linked by "Hollywood"...there's already the beginnings of Muppet Studios and Lucas Studios (due to ride placements)...and Pixar has it's own section already. They should scrap the now mostly defunct backlot tour and continue the trend. Too bad they can't do "marvel studios"...contracts are contracts...
I actually had an article today on MiceAge that more or less proposed the same thing.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
So, what happens to this thread if over after the upcoming press events and D23 we find that the studios is getting jack and ****. Occasional resurrection over the years as we complain?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I actually had an article today on MiceAge that more or less proposed the same thing.

You had as in you wrote? Great minds...great minds. <grin>

I actually have been playing around with the idea...started a thread here...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hollywood-studios-love-jim-henson-studios.863361/

Very interesting article you linked, btw. I'm actually about 2/3rds of the way through doing the "Lucasfilms Studios" post, which I will add to the thread above.

It's like playing Simcity...with my favorite theme park! <grins again>

Taylor

I guess we'll know whether they intend to go through with all of this by August. It's been quite a while since we've heard anything about this.

Haven't seen whylightbulb lately here either, doesn't seem to have been on the board since January. Hope he's ok and didn't get into any kind of trouble for sharing potentially classified info.
He's probably been really busy with UNI stuff. Idk

OSUPhantom

I'd honestly love to see something done with Streets of America. If I recall Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers was supposed to go there and I think having some sort of crime/noir/mob based ride would be a nice addition and fit in well with the theme of that part of the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd honestly love to see something done with Streets of America. If I recall Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers was supposed to go there and I think having some sort of crime/noir/mob based ride would be a nice addition and fit in well with the theme of that part of the park.
Crime Stoppers was going on Sunset. Roughly where RnRC ended up.

doctornick

Well, they could start by using the Premiere Theater (where Hunchback used to be).

doctornick

Furthermore, if the rumored redirection of the entry plaza and access road comes to fruition, then there will be space "backstage" (in the location of the current road) that could be used to build a ride in the Streets of America area. They could make that queue entrance in between Mama Melrose and the Premiere Theater and have the show building be in the location of the current entrance plaza and road -- there's plenty of space there for a reasonably large attraction which can leave the Premiere theater to be used for a new show.

bassman02

I would love carsland to be built in full, and at DHS it would fit perfect.
I think though, keep or move LMA but get rid of the backlot, build carsland there, and incorporate LMA into it somehow.
They could make it a stunt show with the cars characters.macqueen is already featured anyway.
It would add a whole new experience to a stunt show I think.
the road to radiator springs could even continue the streets of america road, giving the feel that your leaving the city on the mother road and come across radiator springs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would love carsland to be built in full, and at DHS it would fit perfect.
I think though, keep or move LMA but get rid of the backlot, build carsland there, and incorporate LMA into it somehow.
They could make it a stunt show with the cars characters.macqueen is already featured anyway.
It would add a whole new experience to a stunt show I think.
the road to radiator springs could even continue the streets of america road, giving the feel that your leaving the city on the mother road and come across radiator springs.

It's my understanding that there is a strong desire by park management to get rid of LMA since it is very expensive to operate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom