DHS CARS LAND

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Closing LMA and the BLT would save enough money to allow for some major new adds.
How much money would closing BLT actually save? Those few cast members would just be moved elsewhere?

I agree it should be closed, but not for that reason.

jt04

Yep, keep it where it is and take the opportunity to bring something new to DHS. That Tangled show that was rumoured would be a start and Disney isn't exactly lacking in other films that could inspire a musical show at the park.

I did not mean keep it where it is. I mean keep the show but put in at DHS. If the LMA "stage" is not feasible, they could always use the Indy arena. Lose Mermaid and BatB and add Nemo and Tangled. IMO. Maybe a Toy Story show on the old Mermaid stage.

There you go.

jt04

How much money would closing BLT actually save? Those few cast members would just be moved elsewhere?

I agree it should be closed, but not for that reason.

I imagine the trams and Catastrophe Canyon are financially difficult to justify at this point. A fully realized Pixar Land would be a cash cow. To put it mildly.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I did not mean keep it where it is. I mean keep the show but put in at DHS. If the LMA "stage" is not feasible, they could always use the Indy arena. Lose Mermaid and BatB and add Nemo and Tangled. IMO. Maybe a Toy Story show on the old Mermaid stage.

There you go.
I'll go along with that.

FrankLapidus

There you go.

I know what you meant.

Why is nearly every suggestion made for possible additions to DHS something lifted from another Disney park? Cars Land, World of Color, some have suggested moving Avatar over from AK. Why not leave Nemo where it is and actually give people something new to experience? It doesn't really make any sense at all to just move Nemo to DHS, less so when you say move it into the Indiana Jones arena which would just make the park more of a disjointed thematic mess than it already is.

Genie of the Lamp

I'd rather see a Princess and the Frog Musical stage show go into the current VOTLM theater rather than Nemo. That's just me though. I agree with Tangled replacing BATB even though it would be very diffucult for me to accept the fact that BATB stage show will eventually replaced (2nd favorite stage show behind FOTLK). Since it seems that $500 million is going to the Studios, will DIS/WDI/TDO have to make a choice on whether to construct a Carsland or a Star Wars land? I can't see them constructing both with that allocated budget.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I imagine the trams and Catastrophe Canyon are financially difficult to justify at this point. A fully realized Pixar Land would be a cash cow. To put it mildly.

Yeah, I believe Catastrophe Canyon closes at least once a year for refurb work, not to mention the day-to-day operating costs.

jt04

I know what you meant.

Why is nearly every suggestion made for possible additions to DHS something lifted from another Disney park? Cars Land, World of Color, some have suggested moving Avatar over from AK. Why not leave Nemo where it is and actually give people something new to experience? It doesn't really make any sense at all to just move Nemo to DHS, less so when you say move it into the Indiana Jones arena which would just make the park more of a disjointed thematic mess than it already is.

I just think like the FOTLK, it stands the test of time. And it really is a thematic contradiction where it is. A disaster really. Nemo would be best near Pixar Place.

And my long term dream is to see Indy featured at DAK in some form. I think that would be beyond awesome.

Future Imagineer

I like the thoughts of an all out pixar section of the park (taking up a large portion of the park at that) to include other attractions with wall-e, monsters inc, etc
that would be cool to have a full pixar place but they kind of do already with toy story but they should expand with like monsters, inc. , cars, nemo, wreck it ralph , and lion king. They could do so much with pixar that thye should have a full theme park!:cool:

ToTBellHop

I just think like the FOTLK, it stands the test of time. And it really is a thematic contradiction where it is. A disaster really. Nemo would be best near Pixar Place.

And my long term dream is to see Indy featured at DAK in some form. I think that would be beyond awesome.
Animal Kingdom really can't afford to lose Nemo now. It already is such a light park (light on things to do); let's not remove an attraction especially with Avatar in development hell and nothing else of substance on the horizon. I agree it's absurd in Dinoland, however. Not sure why they built a theater there in the first place. Nothing that has been there has fit. Nemo is already about 6 years old...let's get something new for DHS, not just musical chairs. A slight improvement in theme would not change the fact that considerable expense would be involved in no real improvement in guest experience. I would love for TDO to realize that sometimes it's possible (and acceptable) to just add new things to WDW--not to feel the need to remove something in order to build something new. Why bother having 40 square miles (or whatever they still have)?

RandySavage

While Theater-in-the-Wild is listed as part of Dinoland on maps, it has from the beginning been physically located in its own "no-man's land", on the outskirts, as illustrated below. I think this works well because it allows for musical productions of varying theme-content (whereas Flights of Wonder is in an Asian/African/Middle Eastern-themed facility but features North American birds among others). IoA's Toon Lagoon theater is a similar situation to Theater in the Wild.

Generally, I am happy with the move of FotLK to Africa (and removal of CMM for expansion), if the facility is well-themed to the setting. Any reservations I have are in regard to how/if the fanciful show and building (if it's based on HKDL's) will be reconciled Harambe's grittier, hyper-realized Africa.

Blog+-+WDW+AK+2025.PNG

jt04

Animal Kingdom really can't afford to lose Nemo now. It already is such a light park (light on things to do); let's not remove an attraction especially with Avatar in development hell and nothing else of substance on the horizon. I agree it's absurd in Dinoland, however. Not sure why they built a theater there in the first place. Nothing that has been there has fit. Nemo is already about 6 years old...let's get something new for DHS, not just musical chairs. A slight improvement in theme would not change the fact that considerable expense would be involved in no real improvement in guest experience. I would love for TDO to realize that sometimes it's possible (and acceptable) to just add new things to WDW--not to feel the need to remove something in order to build something new. Why bother having 40 square miles (or whatever they still have)?

Hopefully JP at IoA forces Disney to expand DinoLand without Dinorama. Main thing is the theater needs to go or be radically redesigned/recast.

Not sure how well the show still plays and if it still is a crowd favorite.

EOD K9

I think one of the reasons the powers that be want to put in Cars Land, is that you already have a popular and tested ride system. While I agree a unique ride to DHS would be great, we know that CL works. I could not imagine how long it would take to get a new project going. Although, I'm sure there is a Blue Sky project on the shelf begging for attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom