DHS CARS LAND

PeterAlt

Cars Land doesn't HAVE to go to Florida. There are other properties to choose from to capitalize on.
WDW is like a heroine addict. It needs a shot in the arm and fast. Any original content like you just mentioned will take years to develop. Cars is already developed. Unless WDI has been secretly developing stuff we don't know about for WDW...

devoy1701

Clones of success attractions = instant profits (if done right)

Clones can be imported cheaper than starting from scratch and much faster, by passing the years they have to spend planning and creating it.

But this goes back to where we were 2 pages ago where same attractions with different experiences is vastly different than exact duplicates of the attractions and experiences.

Mickey_777

All of the parks suffer from mild sight line issues.

This is true and for the most part I don't get "up in arms" about seeing the castle from Liberty Square etc but I think my mistake came from watching Cars right before our trip. I had the movie image fresh in my mind so things immediately stuck out when not identical to the film. Hey I was trying to get into the Cars mood man...

Californian Elitist

WDW is like a heroine addict. It needs a shot in the arm and fast. Any original content like you just mentioned will take years to develop. Clones is already developed. Unless WDI has been secretly developing stuff we don't know about for WDW...

Years to develop??? Come on now.

DHS may need help right now, but its still getting people coming and visiting the park. DCA was a totally different animal, one that really did need that shot. Even if it does take years to develop a new concept, people will still continue to visit DHS. This wasn't the case for DCA.

muteki

Star Wars Land seems to be building steam lately with the parade and DCR ending. Maybe Cars Land coming over won't happen as soon as thought...

General question, just curious: where was/is the storage area for these parades? Would that backstage location be prime for expansion/re-purposing?

Dads 2 Boys

For those who keep bringing up Marvel, Disney cannot create Marvel themed attractions in Florida for the time being. It was part of the contract when they purchased Marvel fron Uni.

PeterAlt

Avatar isn't coming to California, even if it's successful in Florida.

All successful rides aren't cloned. Some attractions that are successful in one park and are cloned in another aren't as successful, sometimes. A good example of that would be Country Bear Jamboree. It just wasn't as popular in California, like it is in Florida.
Re-read the Avatar press release. It says they plan to clone it all over the world (if it's a hit in Florida).

SirLink

Re-read the Avatar press release. It says they plan to clone it all over the world (if it's a hit in Florida).

Tokyo has said "No bro".
Chinese government has said "No dude"
EuroDisney SCA would prefer Marvel + Star Wars

So literally they are left with Hong Kong and Disneyland which they won't waste the ground clearing on ... so?

Thrill Seeker

General question, just curious: where was/is the storage area for these parades? Would that backstage location be prime for expansion/re-purposing?

Pretty much behind Backlot Express. Demoing Backlot Express and nearby backstage areas would create some room for an expansion.

PeterAlt

Good - time for some creativity...
That's all great and wonderful, but if they just realized Florida needs something new, it will be years and years until we see it. In the meantime, they could clone us Cars. Now, if they woke up a few years ago and have secretly been developing stuff for us, then never mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom