DHS CARS LAND

muteki

Pretty much behind Backlot Express. Demoing Backlot Express and nearby backstage areas would create some room for an expansion.

Yeah, that is some prime real estate if they wanted to make something of it. And it was mentioned in one of the other threads that the buildings are planned on being demo'd.

PeterAlt

Same thing for the Muppets Studios/Great Muppet Movie ride. They are sitting on so many good ideas from the past; upgrade them and work as fast as possible to create a substantive, quality product!
Between that, WRE, and many others, they have some great stuff they could actually build now. But who am I to tell them how to do things?

PeterAlt

Years to develop??? Come on now.

DHS may need help right now, but its still getting people coming and visiting the park. DCA was a totally different animal, one that really did need that shot. Even if it does take years to develop a new concept, people will still continue to visit DHS. This wasn't the case for DCA.
Yes, all good WDI major projects take at least five years to develop, sometimes seven.

devoy1701

Yes, all good WDI major projects take at least five years to develop, sometimes seven.

Nevermind the hundreds of ideas WDI already has in various stages of development. They have enough projects to fall back on that they could probably open a new AND unique attraction in every resort across the world every year for the next 3 decades, maybe even every park.

If we don't see anything in the next 5 to 7 years (nevermind the 4 that have already passed) it's from negligence and feet dragging on the part of TDO.

SirLink

That's all great and wonderful, but if they just realized Florida needs something new, it will be years and years until we see it. In the meantime, they could clone us Cars. Now, if they woke up a few years ago and have secretly been developing stuff for us, then never mind.

If they just needed something "new" they would clone Indy with a slight variance, than build Cars Land with all of that rock work...

PeterAlt

if you let Imagineering do their job, any attraction built isn't going to bomb, save for mechanical issues that were foreseen or unforeseen (such as with the flying saucers/tires). PotC, HM, Splash, BTMRR, Space, ToT, GMR, Everest (in full working order) were all successful in their original forms because expense wasn't spared (much) when trying to create amazing experiences. This notion that has come over Disney Parks for the past 2 decades that we have to tip-toe around with new attraction development and use Disneyland as a Proving Ground and that other resorts will only get clones is very disheartening when WDW is supposed to be the Flagship Resort.
We lucked out with Splash! Actually getting an improved version over the original!

PeterAlt

If you define "new" as within twenty years, then you can add Cartoon Spin to this group of attractions from DL they can clone. But, guess what? They can't clone that either because of a licensing arrangement with Steven Spielberg that restricts them from bringing that property here too. I rode it and it's a good ride that would fit in nicely.

devoy1701

One of the best?

No.

It's THE best ride in any US Disney park.
(IMNSHO)

I rode it again...twice last week infact...I'm still not seeing what you guys are saying with this one! The audio is muffled, it's way to dark, you don't spend enough time in the main room, they went cheap on some of the effects (laser eye should have a real fire blast, not just smoke and lights, giant snake is lame, so is dark hallway where they have projections of bugs on the walls), and the movement of the vehicle gives you whiplash! I'm REALLY trying to like it...REALLY trying. The queue is nice!

PeterAlt

Care to link us to some of these "quotes"?
Actually, its based on fact, now that you have me thinking about it. City government of Hong Kong, the partner of HKDL, said they're getting a Marvel section. Second, DL bloggers confirmed an Iron Man ride for DL's Tommorowland, which of course is considered rumor at this point. With Hong Kong, at least, confirming a Marvel section, that by itself (with or without confirmation of an Iron Man ride for DL) is confirmation that WDI is focused on Marvel properties for the time being.

MerlinTheGoat

I know it would likely be a clone or nothing with Indy involved, but it's always possible to build an Indy ride with the same ride system and possibly even the same track layout but make a different kind of theme to it. There was an old Lucasarts computer adventure game called Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis that could make a good idea. So they could try a more original idea with the theming and make it still a unique attraction.

Hell with an Indiana Jones Atlantis concept, they could even create some sort of flume type ride instead of even a clone of the EMV. Hollywood Studios hasn't gotten a water based ride yet and I think it could work quite well with an Indy ride. Perhaps use some of the ride patents they're supposedly using for Shanghai's Pirates where the boats have a certain free range of motion. Regardless though, the point is that Indiana Jones is one of those concepts that you don't have to adhere to a strait up clone if you bring it to other parks, there are tons of original ideas to use and make up.

SirLink

Actually, its based on fact, now that you have me thinking about it. City government of Hong Kong, the partner of HKDL, said they're getting a Marvel section. Second, DL bloggers confirmed an Iron Man ride for DL's Tommorowland, which of course is considered rumor at this point. With Hong Kong, at least, confirming a Marvel section, that by itself (with or without confirmation of an Iron Man ride for DL) is confirmation that WDI is focused on Marvel properties for the time being.

Well, duh...

But if you think every single person in WDI is developing Marvel you are sadly mistaken. HKDL will be the first place to get attractions but that is a fair way off - plus they'll be demanding exclusivity.

Iron Man most likely will be delayed until they have a full makeover plan for Tomorrow Land. So you think they are only working on Marvel attractions right? :rolleyes:

PeterAlt

Well, duh...

But if you think every single person in WDI is developing Marvel you are sadly mistaken. HKDL will be the first place to get attractions but that is a fair way off - plus they'll be demanding exclusivity.

Iron Man most likely will be delayed until they have a full makeover plan for Tomorrow Land. So you think they are only working on Marvel attractions right? :rolleyes:
I didn't say that. I'm talking about of the projects we know of, the focus seems to be on Marvel right now. Others, such as Star Wars are just getting started and are in a much earlier phase of development. If there are others in a more advanced stage of development, which I did not re out as a possibility (and I hope this is the case), they've been doing a good job keeping it under wraps and in secret.

SirLink

I didn't say that. I'm talking about of the projects we know of, the focus seems to be on Marvel right now. Others, such as Star Wars are just getting started and are in a much earlier phase of development. If there are others in a more advanced stage of development, which I did not re out as a possibility (and I hope this is the case), they've been doing a good job keeping it under wraps and in secret.

Star Wars just starting development? I'm going to say they have most likely had concepts for attractions/shows/restaurants/shops kicking around since 1992 in one form or another in a big draw they just need to open that :rolleyes:

Californian Elitist

I rode it again...twice last week infact...I'm still not seeing what you guys are saying with this one! The audio is muffled, it's way to dark, you don't spend enough time in the main room, they went cheap on some of the effects (laser eye should have a real fire blast, not just smoke and lights, giant snake is lame, so is dark hallway where they have projections of bugs on the walls), and the movement of the vehicle gives you whiplash! I'm REALLY trying to like it...REALLY trying. The queue is nice!

That's okay... You shouldn't spend so much time trying to like it... Saves up some space for those of us who do!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom