DHS CARS LAND

PeterAlt

Star Wars just starting development? I'm going to say they have most likely had concepts for attractions/shows/restaurants/shops kicking around since 1992 in one form or another in a big draw they just need to open that :rolleyes:
That helps, sure, but essentially these are new starts.

PeterAlt

Star Wars just starting development? I'm going to say they have most likely had concepts for attractions/shows/restaurants/shops kicking around since 1992 in one form or another in a big draw they just need to open that :rolleyes:
The most further along attraction they worked with Lucas on that never got built was that Intergalactic alien revue that would have replaced CoP.

GLaDOS

One of the best?

No.

It's THE best ride in any US Disney park.
(IMNSHO)

It'd be like a Universal Hollywood fan begging for Spider-man (before they got TF, that is). Yea, it's a decade+ old, but it's also one of the greatest rides ever built.

Indy is THE ride every Disney fan should ride in the United States. Just a phenomenal attraction.

That helps, sure, but essentially these are new starts.

Not to mention Disney has shut down everything at Lucas that isn't supporting the new trilogy. I don't think you'll see any expanded presence for Star Wars until they have rides that will support and be based off of the new continuity.

Lee

Adventurer
^Agreed.
I don't see any new Star Wars attractions happening before the new characters and story are established. Open by end of decade.

DocMcHulk

^Agreed.
I don't see any new Star Wars presence prior to the new characters and story being established. Open by end of decade.
it would make sense to me to possibly develop attractions in conjunction withe movies rather than build on the previous 6. Since Lucas is now "in house", it wouldnt be hard to pass along movie details to WDI.

andre85

Because even though it's old, it's still one of the best rides in any US Disney park.

Indy is really good, but it's certainly not the best.

Studio's Tower of Terror tops it in almost every way. And it lacks the over-the-top cheesiness that Indy suffers from, like that terrible Snake animatronic, and ghastly rat effect (they really should just remove that one).

Genie of the Lamp

Speaking of SW Steam, I ran across this article from the Disney Report talkling about a possible SW mini-land that has been brought to focal point here (It talked also about possible closing the parade float building that hosted CTF and the possible closing of Backlot Express using those buildings for future projects). They're new to the rumors speculation so I'll take it with a grain of salt. :
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-star-wars-land-for-disney-hollywood.html

Edit: Also saw something similar to this on Screamscape as well posted yesterday:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm#StarWarsLand
(2/3 down the page)

SirLink

The most further along attraction they worked with Lucas on that never got built was that Intergalactic alien revue that would have replaced CoP.

Did I say GL attraction, nope said Star Wars - they are probably sitting on a done of pitched concepts that didn't get green lit for one reason or another, same with The Muppets, Pirates and original attractions. If they can't design new ones use the ones from the draws...

GLaDOS

Indy is really good, but it's certainly not the best.

Studio's Tower of Terror tops it in almost every way. And it lacks the over-the-top cheesiness that Indy suffers from, like that terrible Snake animatronic, and ghastly rat effect (they really should just remove that one).

Tower is great, but Indy is superior, IMO. Tower falls apart thematically inside the drop shaft in order to deliver thrill. Tower is probably #2 behind Indy, though.

And if we're talking about poor effects, we can't forget the clear mannequins that are all over the place in ToT.

RSoxNo1

Agreed. Think of it this way @Turtle: It's easier to do a Return on Investment analysis on something that has already been built and proven successful, compared to something that could run over budget and time in the development phase. It's easier for Disney to "know" the success of Carsland over the success of an undeveloped Star Wars-land.

@Lee, am I correct in saying that if we waited for a Star Wars area to be developed it would take substantially more time for anything to happen at DHS? And could Carsland2.0 be a Potter2.0 swatter? If construction was started on Carsland2.0 in the relatively near future, could it be built before the completion of Potter2.0 or roughly around the same time?
It's easier and safer for people that don't visit the parks and are looking at these investments as line items instead of experiences. If you build a quality attraction or a quality land, the rest will follow.

RSoxNo1

That is my biggest problem - people wanting what the other coast has - instead of doing something different...most companies should create two separate identities for their resorts...to give west coasters and east coasters the ambition to visit the other resorts ... and I say this as a Brit.

International resorts are a different beast though...
Carsland put Disneyland on the map as a true destination resort. It gave them a legit 2nd gate. By cloning it in Florida, you undo that to an extent, and you attempt to capitalize on something 5 years after it proved successful. The time to clone Carsland in DHS was when they were building it in DCA.

Californian Elitist

Carsland put Disneyland on the map as a true destination resort. It gave them a legit 2nd gate. By cloning it in Florida, you undo that to an extent, and you attempt to capitalize on something 5 years after it proved successful. The time to clone Carsland in DHS was when they were building it in DCA.

This is the problem I have with Potter in Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom