DHS CARS LAND

lazyboy97o

Your last paragraph has me puzzled. How am I selfish when I don't have it? I'd be selfish if I wanted everything in WDW to be uniquely WDW and I forced others to go someplace here to see it cause, well that's why they invented planes. A selfish person is one that doesn't want to share. I will gladly share our lack of new, to us, stuff with anyone that wants it. Any takers?
Your selfish (jealous could be a better word) because you want Cars Land. You play it off as not being so because you wholly discount uniqueness as something worthwhile of being maintained.

devoy1701

I wasn't blown away by Carsland. It's great and very photogenic (took lots of pics) but I personally found it difficult to look past ToT "towering" over the land to the west when looking toward the courthouse and Grizzly Peak when looking back. Those sorta killed the illusion for me. I understand there is nothing they can do about it but still...

The car size scale of the props in the store windows (for example) isn't to me liking either. Huge plastic looking cans of motor oil with little detail on them didn't impress me. I like the use of the props in certain places, especially in Docs portion of Flo's, but the scale is so large and plastic. I loved my caramel french toast at Flo's by the way. Highly recommended.

The personal value I give the land isn't all that high in terms what there was for me to do there. To me, since flat rides are not my thing, Carsland is an E-ticket plus multiple stores selling identical merchandise and a few places to eat. Prior to visiting, I didn't think a Cars-clone would be a good idea for WDW based on my desire to see it exclusive to DCA. After experiencing RSR's, I wouldn't mind now. That ride is very, very fun. Love the racing aspect of it.

All of the parks suffer from mild sight line issues. ToT, while yes tall and clearly visible, still blends in rather nicely in terms of it's color scheme which is more yellow/beige than our pink/maroon. If it was the same color as DHS's ToT, then I would take issue. But I didn't mind it. Same with Grizzly peak which is fairly well obscured by foliage. There's a reason why Carsland is oriented the way it is, and when your standing at the beginning of Route 66, neither ToT or Grizzly Peak are visible...nor are they when when you're walking down Route 66 towards Ornament Valley and the Cadillac Range, which is the ideal view of the land.

PeterAlt

Cars Land in one form or another MUST come to WDW. As Jim Hill would say, why for? Well, here's why:

1. To capitalized on its West Coast success.
2. To add much needed content to DHS.

3. Because this is one of the few attractions Disney will create in the next several years that COULD be cloned for WDW. Future attractions, such as Iron Man or The Avengers - or any other Marvel property - CAN'T legally be cloned for Florida - unless Disney renegotiates their deal between Marvel and Uni!

Californian Elitist

Cars Land in one form or another MUST come to WDW. As Jim Hill would say, why for? Well, here's why:

1. To capitalized on its West Coast success.
2. To add much needed content to DHS.

3. Because this is one of the few attractions Disney will create in the next several years that COULD be cloned for WDW. Future attractions, such as Iron Man or The Avengers - or any other Marvel property - CAN'T legally be cloned for Florida - unless Disney renegotiates their deal between Marvel and Uni!

Cars Land doesn't HAVE to go to Florida. There are other properties to choose from to capitalize on.

devoy1701

Cars Land doesn't HAVE to go to Florida. There are other properties to choose from to capitalize on.

Monstropolus for example...or Oz (though Disneyland soon to cover this), or Star Wars, the Muppets, an expanded land based on PotC Movies... Lands don't have to be from franchises either. Paradise Falls from Up, something from some of the Classic films, or the Golden Age films from the 90s, Lone Ranger (and other Westerns), Wreck it Ralph, Tron. There are so many possibilities.

SirLink

Monstropolus for example...or Oz (though Disneyland soon to cover this), or Star Wars, the Muppets, an expanded land based on PotC Movies... Lands don't have to be from franchises either. Paradise Falls from Up, something from some of the Classic films, or the Golden Age films from the 90s, Lone Ranger (and other Westerns), Wreck it Ralph, Tron. There are so many possibilities.

Exactly - ton's of opportunities for different content...but first they need need to decide what purpose DHS serves from a thematic sense ... as opposed to a dumping ground of properties.

Californian Elitist

EXACTLY. There are so many possibilities... It would be so amazing and so awesome if DHS got its own land, a totally new idea and more unique. It would be so exciting. Why does every popular attraction have to be duplicated?

PeterAlt

Name one that they can clone that has been a proven success. I'm guessing that Iron Man and The Avengers will also be a big success, but that is just my guess. They could clone older attractions that have never been brought here such as Indy.

UNPROVEN (meaning that there is as of yet no prototype ride) properties they could bring to Florida are Oz, Star Wars, The Incredibles, etc.

Californian Elitist

Name one that they can clone that has been a proven success. I'm guessing that Iron Man and The Avengers will also be a big success, but that is just my guess. They could clone older attractions that have never been brought here such as Indy.

UNPROVEN (meaning that there is as of yet no prototype ride) properties they could bring to Florida are Oz, Star Wars, The Incredibles, etc.

I can bet a Star Wars Land, an Oz Land or whatever kind of other land you want will be successful because people aren't going to stop visiting WDW. It already gets plenty of visitors each year, the guests are going to keep coming, no matter what.

PeterAlt

I reiterate my point. Cars is the only new attraction they could clone. Now and probably in the foreseeable future because WDI will be concentrating on Marvel properties. They could clone Indy - and I hold they do - but that's not new. They could also create risky originals based on their other properties (which I hope they do too), but the days of building that quick fix ends with Cars.

G00fyDad

I reiterate my point. Cars is the only new attraction they could clone. Now and probably in the foreseeable future because WDI will be concentrating on Marvel properties. They could clone Indy - and I hold they do - but that's not new. They could also create risky originals based on their other properties (which I hope they do too), but the days of building that quick fix ends with Cars.

Again, I don't like to be "that guy" but....source? I have yet to see them do much at all with Marvel. Or have I missed something major?

Californian Elitist

Why would you want a clone of Indy, an attraction that's hitting twenty years of age?

devoy1701

why are you only focusing on Clones?

PeterAlt

I can bet a Star Wars Land, an Oz Land or whatever kind of other land you want will be successful because people aren't going to stop visiting WDW. It already gets plenty of visitors each year, the guests are going to keep coming, no matter what.
The beautiful thing about clones is that they can use another Disney park as testing grounds. Originals are essentially hit or miss prototypes. The successful ones get cloned and the ones that aren't usually stay as unique originals. Cars has been proven a money maker, so cloning it is zero risk for them. If they build an Incredibles ride for Florida first and it bombs (which I doubt it will) because they did a crappy job on it, we're stuck with it. If when Iron Man and the Avengers become just as successful as Cars in the next several years, they can't bring it here and repeat that same success. If Avatar bombs here, it ain't going to California and they're not going to replace it with an Oz ride and we'll be stuck with it, for example.

PeterAlt

Why would you want a clone of Indy, an attraction that's hitting twenty years of age?
It's not going to happen, but your reaction tells me you understand my point. I rode it and its a great ride... I would like them to build one next to the stunt show at DHS, but it's not happening.

Californian Elitist

The beautiful thing about clones is that they can use another Disney park as testing grounds. Originals are essentially hit or miss prototypes. The successful ones get cloned and the ones that aren't usually stay as unique originals. Cars has been proven a money maker, so cloning it is zero risk for them. If they build an Incredibles ride for Florida first and it bombs (which I doubt it will) because they did a crappy job on it, we're stuck with it. If when Iron Man and the Avengers become just as successful as Cars in the next several years, they can't bring it here and repeat that same success. If Avatar bombs here, it ain't going to California and they're not going to replace it with an Oz ride and we'll be stuck with it, for example.

Avatar isn't coming to California, even if it's successful in Florida.

All successful rides aren't cloned. Some attractions that are successful in one park and are cloned in another aren't as successful, sometimes. A good example of that would be Country Bear Jamboree. It just wasn't as popular in California, like it is in Florida.

devoy1701

if you let Imagineering do their job, any attraction built isn't going to bomb, save for mechanical issues that were foreseen or unforeseen (such as with the flying saucers/tires). PotC, HM, Splash, BTMRR, Space, ToT, GMR, Everest (in full working order) were all successful in their original forms because expense wasn't spared (much) when trying to create amazing experiences. This notion that has come over Disney Parks for the past 2 decades that we have to tip-toe around with new attraction development and use Disneyland as a Proving Ground and that other resorts will only get clones is very disheartening when WDW is supposed to be the Flagship Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom