DHS CARS LAND

Magenta Panther

I dragged my hugely pregnant butt to see that movie and was so sad. I was so/so with the movie until the Tarzan Monkey scene after that I gave up.

Oh, god, I KNOW. That was so LAME. That, and the library scene where Jones skids in and some student nonchalantly asks him a question about ancient history or something...obviously both scenes were meant to be funny, but all they were were jarring and cringe-inducing. Spielberg's lost his perspective or something. And we all know Lucas lost HIS touch decades ago. :(

Wikkler

Oh, god, I KNOW. That was so LAME. That, and the library scene where Jones skids in and some student nonchalantly asks him a question about ancient history or something...obviously both scenes were meant to be funny, but all they were were jarring and cringe-inducing. Spielberg's lost his perspective or something. And we all know Lucas lost HIS touch decades ago. :(
Ok let's not derail this thread into an Indy argument.

Wikkler

there's still way too much
It is the size Pixar Place would be if LMA and the Backlot Tour were part of Pixar Place.
And it was also an exercise of my imagination, it probably will consist of the RSR, a Door Coaster, the Bug Playground, and something involving... Nemo?

Turtle

It is the size Pixar Place would be if LMA and the Backlot Tour were part of Pixar Place.
And it was also an exercise of my imagination, it probably will consist of the RSR, a Door Coaster, the Bug Playground, and something involving... Nemo?
I'm just saying it is completely not happening so the exercise won't really work. In the sense that a regular land usually has at most 4 attractions, a playground/show, and 2 restaurants, so you gotta pick from there.

And I LOVE Pixar but i just feel that it's overkill, you feel me?

Wikkler

I'm just saying it is completely not happening so the exercise won't really work. In the sense that a regular land usually has at most 4 attractions and 2 restaurants, so you gotta pick from there.

And I LOVE Pixar but i just feel that it's overkill, you feel me?
Yes, but this is a great opportunity to introduce new characters in WDW.
WALL*E, The Incredibles, UP, and Ratatouille are underrepresented in the parks.

Turtle

Yes, but this is a great opportunity to introduce new characters in WDW.
WALL*E, The Incredibles, UP, and Ratatouille are underrepresented in the parks.
If you want to introduce them SOOO badly then put Wall-E at the land in Epcot, and Up is being incorporated into a game coming Spring 2013. You feel better now? ;)

Wikkler

The suggestion that it will only include TSMM, RSR, Monsters Inc., Playground, and Ratatouille Cafe is nice but that means a lot of wasted space around LMA. Do we do a Muppet Land or something?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The suggestion that it will only include TSMM, RSR, Monsters Inc., Playground, and Ratatouille Cafe is nice but that means a lot of wasted space around LMA. Do we do a Muppet Land or something?

I would love more muppets, but sadly I don't see it happening. If you want some interesting history on what could have been for the Muppets at MGM Studios check out this old link on what the Great Muppet Movie Ride could have been:
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID115400.asp

As far as space goes, you don't want to cram everything in right on top of each other. You need space for transitions between rides and of course lots of gift shops. Don't forget some themed bathrooms too. If you look at a recent expansions like Carsland there is one E-ticket and 2 C ticket rides plus shops and food places. The new FLE in MK has 2 new D ticket rides along with a doubling of dumbo and a repurposing of several exisiting rides plus food and gift shops. The point is an expansion of Pixar place will at most probably be 3 rides. If 1 is an E-ticket (RSR?) then the other 2 will probably be smaller scale C ticket type rides. If they don't go with RSR there is a chance we get 2 D ticket dark rides plus a spinner of something like that. I don't see them springing for more than 1 E ticket. Even Avatar was rumored to be down to 1 E ticket and a C ticket boat ride plus shops and restaurant. Although as fans we would love to see 6 or 7 new rides it's just wishful thinking. The reality is we are probably getting at most 2 or 3 rides if the project finally gets green lit. The question is which ones.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've seen these ideas tossed around more than once in this thread, and I've got to ask. What is this fascination with having a "Pixarland" or a "Lucasland" in DHS? The Pixar films have no relation to one another, with the exception of sequels of course. Each franchise exists in its own universe. The only thing they have in common is that they were all made by the same studio, but that's no reason to force all attractions based on Pixar IP into a single area in the movie park. The same goes for Lucas' franchises. Attractions based on Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Marvel IP can all peacefully coexist in other lands throughout WDW where it is thematically appropriate. For instance, I would love it if Fantasyland got a Brave themed attraction (although Fantasyland is likely done expanding for the time being).

I think having a Pixar studios and a Lucas studios area makes perfect sense. The front half of the park With Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd represent Hollywood and then in the back half you have various movie studios represented. Pixar Place already exists as a section of DHS so this would just be an expansion of that concept. The sign is already there. When you cross into Pixar place you are transported to the actual worlds of Pixar movies. Toy Story is already there. The expansion would have room for at least 2 or 3 more movies represented. It's not like they would have Buzz and Woody walking down the street in Radiator Springs with Lightning McQueen. Each movie represented would have a dedicated "mini land" which would have transitions between them.

As for Lucas, the echo lake area already has Star Tours and the Indy Stunt show. If they were to build up a Lucas Films area they would need to probably use the existing expansion plot into the parking lot. They could add an Indy themed restaurant (with monkey brains on the menu) and possibly a clone of the Indy ride from DLR which is amazing (in my top 5 favorite Disney rides). The rest of the land would convert the American idol experience and sound stage area into Star Wars attractions/shops as well as a new e-ticket ride (maybe a speeder bike coaster like the one abandoned in the Avatar project). Of course they need the cantina with the crazy alien band playing and plenty of gift shops (maybe a light saber store to compete with the wand shop at Potterland).

Finally, for Muppet studios I would keep the 3D movie and add a muppet themed restaurant and maybe a water play area or something small that is muppet themed. The only Disney sub-studio left out is Marvel which is contracturaly restricted in FL.

Turtle

Incredibles, Ratatouille café, Radiator Springs, and Monsters take up LOTS of space for their show buildings, and I'd imagine there would be a few stores, theming, enough space to walk, backstage cast member space, there would be meet and greet areas. You don't want to cluster it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom