DHS CARS LAND

Turtle

So... this is an underestimation?
asdfff.jpg
The door coaster doesn't fit in that building neither does incredibles and too much clutter with Wall-E right next to the door so no transitioning. I have an idea, just stop trying! :eek:

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
To scale here is what this expansion would look like by throwing together the rumors.

Bottom right is CarsLand minus Luigi. Just above Cars Land where the BLT queue was is Crush's Coaster which is similar in size to the proposed MI Door Coaster. Bottom right, next to Cars Land is the Monsters Inc dark ride from DCA. This would be about the size of any additional dark ride. Thick red lines are where rock work would go, blue are pathways. Notice the Cars Land side of the dark ride would need a rock work facade. This project would seemingly be out of the price range TDO is looking to spend though. I would expect Cars Land minus Luigi with just a restaurant themed to another Pixar film.

dhs_zps9885ed4d.png

TP2000

asdfff.jpg

I love that modern tech allows the more creative and savvy amongst us to be Imagineers like that!

But I'm afraid you are cramming too many rides into much too small a space. As noted in the photo above, Cars Land alone would overtake most of this section of DHS. Cars Land is 12 acres, and Radiator Springs Racers is a MONSTER sized ride that is six acres of that. Half of the sprawling Cars Land development is just for the one E Ticket; Radiator Springs Racers.

Cars Land Aerial - With Bugs Land and Paradise Pier just poking in on the top and bottom sides
al040312f.jpg

It's ironic that Cars Land, a California invention for the Anaheim property that is much smaller than the Orlando property, is almost too big to put in to a WDW theme park where there is allegedly have room for "all the ideas we can dream up".

Crazydisneyfanluke

asdfff.jpg
I like the idea. reading through this thread i was think of having a city theme, each area has a style themed to that part. the city would provide many chances to incorporate pixar characters. (since a lot of the movies have a city in it) it would be easy for them to place shops, and M&G around. For Carsland, have a small road named route 66 leading out to a themed area with a attraction. I would like to see a their focus on MI, Wall-e, UP, Incredibles. so they don't copy Carsland so the DHS has a chance at a iconic area, like Carsland. The only problem with this, they have to spend money. Even though it would bring a lot more people into DHS.

If there was two things Id hope for DHS is that we get a CARS LAND complete with rockwork and the town ( skipping the flying saucer thing is fine with me ) and finally a STAR WARS Land.

right now DHS is a skip park for my family and I. We go once every 5 years to that park. The other parks I go to once a year so if DHS added a Cars land and a Star Wars Land then that park would quickly become a must do every year.

MarkTwain

I love that modern tech allows the more creative and savvy amongst us to be Imagineers like that!

But I'm afraid you are cramming too many rides into much too small a space. As noted in the photo above, Cars Land alone would overtake most of this section of DHS. Cars Land is 12 acres, and Radiator Springs Racers is a MONSTER sized ride that is six acres of that. Half of the sprawling Cars Land development is just for the one E Ticket; Radiator Springs Racers.

Cars Land Aerial - With Bugs Land and Paradise Pier just poking in on the top and bottom sides
al040312f.jpg

It's ironic that Cars Land, a California invention for the Anaheim property that is much smaller than the Orlando property, is almost too big to put in to a WDW theme park where there is allegedly have room for "all the ideas we can dream up".

Ironic indeed. It seems like both DHS and Magic Kingdom, despite Walt's original intentions and the plethora of land available, have nonetheless managed to wall themselves in and make further expansion difficult. I honestly wonder if Radiator Springs Racers is DHS's best use of its remaining land - sure, it'll be a great attraction that can fit on the park's remaining land, but it will pretty much be ALL that fits on the park's remaining land. I still think a plan with multiple, smaller attractions, while leaving some room for expansion, might be a better approach for DHS and its unfavorable location wedged between two major roads.

OFTeric

Has anyone else heard that Lights Action Motors is going to stay, but with a facelift? While other areas get turned into Cars?

cheezbat

Ironic indeed. It seems like both DHS and Magic Kingdom, despite Walt's original intentions and the plethora of land available, have nonetheless managed to wall themselves in and make further expansion difficult. I honestly wonder if Radiator Springs Racers is DHS's best use of its remaining land - sure, it'll be a great attraction that can fit on the park's remaining land, but it will pretty much be ALL that fits on the park's remaining land. I still think a plan with multiple, smaller attractions, while leaving some room for expansion, might be a better approach for DHS and its unfavorable location wedged between two major roads.

You forget that there are all the old soundstage and management offices in the back of the park that really are unnecessary now...as well as the fact that the whole animation courtyard could be demoed and redone...and what about rerouting the entrance and expanding that way?

There are plenty of expansion options still.

RSoxNo1

I said something similar in the Avatar thread and I'll say it here again. People want Carsland because they know what Carsland is and they understand Carsland. It's "safe" to them. It seems that Disney is operating the same way. Personally, I think the Carsland budget ($600 mil) could be better allocated. If that much money is being spent, I think it would be better spent on attractions that can't be experienced anywhere else in the world. Building Carsland, and to a lesser extent Radiator Springs Racers runs the risk of hurting Disneyland and the new Test Track. I don't doubt that it will be successful, but I suspect that new experience can also be successful as well.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese

Excellent point on the Walt quote but I don't see what would prohibit DHS from expanding in certain areas since rerouting a road or moving parking are relatively small costs. Disney has definitely built an outstanding amount of infrastructure around MK which would make expansion only possible by a high cost removal of an existing attraction or moving an existing attraction plus rerouting roads or moving buildings to make a new area to work with. It also hard at MK since the park is structured still with the center point branching to each land. DHS sort of broke that already so it isn't a big deal. Doing that at MK would take a lot of engineering analysis to figure out the best way to control guest flow.

Bryner84

They could build any number of attractions in this area, cloned or not, and they would be successful. Just make something high quality that is a logical fit to flesh out that corner of the park, and make sure the money spent is doing the double duty of expanding the park's offerings while giving that section of the park a clear identity. Cars, Incredibles, who cares? This one should be hard to screw up, but that is always a possibility...

As I said in the Avatar thread, I agree that IP is not a predictor of an attraction's success...but I do think it is important that the IP at the least should not illicit a negative reaction. If the IP has to be defended or explained, then something isn't right. At the very least, if you are going to take the easy approach and try to capitalize on the success of a franchise, then it should be working in your favor and not against you.

OFTeric

It appears from the overhead photo that it would be simple enough to move the Toll Plaza Road over. Expensive, well to you and me, sure. To them parking change! Not a big deal at all. I'm not an engineer and I could design it.:D

I would love it if they moved the Toll Plaza and give some more buffer space between the park and the road.

nicknick553

Was at DHS yesterday and decided to go see Lights, Motors, Action! and I noticed something new (or rather, new to me). They had a Cars scene where Lightning McQueen (an actual car) was "on a secret mission" pursuing another car not featured in the movies, but still with the eyes... I haven't seen this show in quite a while so im not sure when this was added. Anyone else know? or is this what Disney meant when they hinted bringing Cars to WDW... To be honest that really wouldnt surprise me.

NoChesterHester

Was at DHS yesterday and decided to go see Lights, Motors, Action! and I noticed something new (or rather, new to me). They had a Cars scene where Lightning McQueen (an actual car) was "on a secret mission" pursuing another car not featured in the movies, but still with the eyes... I haven't seen this show in quite a while so im not sure when this was added. Anyone else know? or is this what Disney meant when they hinted bringing Cars to WDW... To be honest that really wouldnt surprise me.

They are just trying to add a draw to a show that never pulled the kind of crowds it was intended to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom