DHS CARS LAND

Goofyernmost

I've got the perfect solution then... A PIXAR FIFTH GATE!
No! Even if you were to forget that they seem to have all they can do with somewhat keeping up with 4 gates. Besides...an entire park designated to Pixar would be way to much of a good thing. It would all grow old very quickly.

Actually, it looks like this area is enough for representation for every single Pixar franchise, as I've poorly photoshopped here:
asdfff.png

Unfortunately, it looks like there may be buildings and roads in the way...

I would incorporate WALL-E into AK or Epcot. Nemo is represented as a show (AK) and a ride (Epcot) so that's sufficient. I would move Merida's (interactive) M&G to Epcot's World Showcase (UK) and maybe incorporate some film merchandise into the UK or a cart? For DHS, I would stick with Monsters Inc dark ride and merchandise with the current M&G, then add the following: an Incredibles "Frozone" water play area for tots, a Cars QS restaurant (Flo's V-8 Cafe), the Ratatouille dark ride like DLP, and retheme HISTK to BL. Maybe throw in a Cars attraction, too. UP is vaguely represented in AK, by the way.

I just wish for Pixar Place not Carsland.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
No! Even if you were to forget that they seem to have all they can do with somewhat keeping up with 4 gates. Besides...an entire park designated to Pixar would be way to much of a good thing. It would all grow old very quickly.
It would, perhaps, get old very quickly, for ADULTS.
But, the kids would love it.
I mean seriously, there is a whole park themed to ... LEGO. Ten years ago, my sons would chosen Legoland over Disney in a heartbeat. Now, they would chose Uni.

Wikkler

I've seen these ideas tossed around more than once in this thread, and I've got to ask. What is this fascination with having a "Pixarland" or a "Lucasland" in DHS? The Pixar films have no relation to one another, with the exception of sequels of course. Each franchise exists in its own universe. The only thing they have in common is that they were all made by the same studio, but that's no reason to force all attractions based on Pixar IP into a single area in the movie park. The same goes for Lucas' franchises. Attractions based on Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Marvel IP can all peacefully coexist in other lands throughout WDW where it is thematically appropriate. For instance, I would love it if Fantasyland got a Brave themed attraction (although Fantasyland is likely done expanding for the time being).
The "Pixarland" already exists, but only has Toy Story Midway Mania! and really needs expanding.

Wikkler

For all those people saying "Oh WALL*E belongs in Epcot, UP belongs in AK, Brave belongs in MK, Nemo is already represented" I was just demonstrating the expansion potential.
And if this happens, it would become a major cash cow.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I've seen these ideas tossed around more than once in this thread, and I've got to ask. What is this fascination with having a "Pixarland" or a "Lucasland" in DHS? The Pixar films have no relation to one another, with the exception of sequels of course. Each franchise exists in its own universe. The only thing they have in common is that they were all made by the same studio, but that's no reason to force all attractions based on Pixar IP into a single area in the movie park. The same goes for Lucas' franchises. Attractions based on Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Marvel IP can all peacefully coexist in other lands throughout WDW where it is thematically appropriate. For instance, I would love it if Fantasyland got a Brave themed attraction (although Fantasyland is likely done expanding for the time being).

I think the idea for "Pixarland" Was started when Disney put up this huge sign.

pixar_studios.jpg

You would think more Pixar themed stuff would end up here.

As for Merida I agree that she belongs in FL or the UK Pavilion.

The idea of putting Carland in DHS is also weird to me since you have Pixar Studios with just TSMM and then what? Go around the corner and there is the whole town of Radiator Springs? Also all the Carsland rides are out in the open. Is this smart for WDW weather wise? I feel they could put some other indoor rides the same way they did with TSMM. Are you telling me if 20 feet away was a similar Monster's Inc ride entrance it would be weird? It would basically look like Original FL or TL. It's already got the "Studio" conceit so why not use it. This is the one park where they can get away with it.
midway.jpg

The idea of Lucasland is crazy to me. You pick a franchise AKA Star Wars and you build off of what they already have started over at ST. As for Indy the show is still popular - update it! A new movie did come out, it had stunts use some!

Cody5242

I think the idea for "Pixarland" Was started when Disney put up this huge sign.

pixar_studios.jpg

You would think more Pixar themed stuff would end up here.

As for Merida I agree that she belongs in FL or the UK Pavilion.

The idea of putting Carland in DHS is also weird to me since you have Pixar Studios with just TSMM and then what? Go around the corner and there is the whole town of Radiator Springs? Also all the Carsland rides are out in the open. Is this smart for WDW weather wise? I feel they could put some other indoor rides the same way they did with TSMM. Are you telling me if 20 feet away was a similar Monster's Inc ride entrance it would be weird? It would basically look like Original FL or TL. It's already got the "Studio" conceit so why not use it. This is the one park where they can get away with it.
midway.jpg

The idea of Lucasland is crazy to me. You pick a franchise AKA Star Wars and you build off of what they already have started over at ST. As for Indy the show is still popular - update it! A new movie did come out, it had stunts use some!
There was never a fourth Indiana jones movie....

Magenta Panther

I like your new "Avatar". Put that "DO NOT WANT" label over the Marvel logo as well, and I'd like it even more. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom