DHS CARS LAND

parker4fm

Yeah, Indy is not unique. The only rides at DL that haven't been duplicated are Alice in Wonderland and Matterhorn. Two rides.

True. I forgot about Tokyo. I'm very excited to see that park and make comparisons. I'll admit, I was raised on WDW. I've been there more times than I can remember. I've been to Disneyland and DCA four times now. I've been to Disneyland Paris/Studios once. After all of these visits, I've fallen in love with Disneyland. I've been in Walt's apartment...and it was awesome. To me Disneyland, while smaller, offers you all of the best of WDW. Fantasmic is far superior, Indy is freaking great, and World of Color will leave you in awe. Disneylands Fantasyland puts WDW to shame in the amount of rides. I can only hope that the park that I grew up with can catch up to its older counterpart.

Californian Elitist

True. I forgot about Tokyo. I'm very excited to see that park and make comparisons. I'll admit, I was raised on WDW. I've been there more times than I can remember. I've been to Disneyland and DCA four times now. I've been to Disneyland Paris/Studios once. After all of these visits, I've fallen in love with Disneyland. I've been in Walt's apartment...and it was awesome. To me Disneyland, while smaller, offers you all of the best of WDW. Fantasmic is far superior, Indy is freaking great, and World of Color will leave you in awe. Disneylands Fantasyland puts WDW to shame in the amount of rides. I can only hope that the park that I grew up with can catch up to its older counterpart.

I've also been in Walt's apartment... That day was one of my favorite Disney moments.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
1. Toy Story Midway Mania will stay.
2. A Ratatouille Restaurant.
3. Monsters Inc. Coaster/Dark Ride
4. Re-theme the HISTKMSA as A Bug's Life Playground or something like that.
5. An Incredibles Motion Simulator Ride
6. A WALL*E attraction, I have no idea what to do but there's a lack of WALL*E in the parks.
7. An UP attraction, I have no idea what it would be, maybe a meet 'n greet or something in the rainforest.
8. If there is room, a Brave dark ride.
WDO doesn't need to expand, as there's plenty of room if you get rid of the Backlot Tour and LMA.
asdfffx.png

I would rather have all of these rides over a clone of Carsland (essentially 1 e-ticket and 1 smaller ride). Unfortunately, it would be a big gamble and a lot more expensive to develop, design and build all of this. Carsland is low risk since they already designed and built it and it's wildly successful. You take away most of the unknowns of design and construction and cost over runs and you also remove the risk of new rides not being successful or well received. For a company that seems reluctant to take a risk these days it seems more likely they would opt for the sure thing over a gamble on brand new attractions. Maybe take the gamble on LucasLand next.

Genie of the Lamp

I would rather have all of these rides over a clone of Carsland (essentially 1 e-ticket and 1 smaller ride). Unfortunately, it would be a big gamble and a lot more expensive to develop, design and build all of this. Carsland is low risk since they already designed and built it and it's wildly successful. You take away most of the unknowns of design and construction and cost over runs and you also remove the risk of new rides not being successful or well received. For a company that seems reluctant to take a risk these days it seems more likely they would opt for the sure thing over a gamble on brand new attractions. Maybe take the gamble on LucasLand next.

Besides using the words/phrases "brand" or "brand management" every few seconds he speaks to reporters, one thing Mr.Iger also says quite frankly believes and says is that in the business world "you need to take risks to become successful" (I guess he's one of those say one thing mean another type CEO's). Yet at the same time your right cause there's low risk, high return here which is the main reason why it's looking like there moving forward with this project other than NFL not getting the crowds they thought they would get. From a cost standpoint though, Carsland took about $600-750 million (I know big,broad # range) to build so there really wouldn't be too much of a difference in cost if they built the attractions,etc. mentioned above in the Pixar Place expansion but you're correct in that they statistically would be more costly. Lucasland will probably be the next big gamble most Burbank/TDO execs would be willing to take at this point since it already established and has a nice sized prescene in WDW and if they were to build this would cause major buzz in the fan community.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Besides using the words/phrases "brand" or "brand management" every few seconds he speaks to reporters, one thing Mr.Iger also says quite frankly believes and says is that in the business world "you need to take risks to become successful" (I guess he's one of those say one thing mean another type CEO's). Yet at the same time your right cause there's low risk, high return here which is the main reason why it's looking like there moving forward with this project other than NFL not getting the crowds they thought they would get. From a cost standpoint though, Carsland took about $600-750 million (I know big,broad # range) to build so there really wouldn't be too much of a difference in cost if they built the attractions,etc. mentioned above in the Pixar Place expansion but you're correct in that they statistically would be more costly. Lucasland will probably be the next big gamble most Burbank/TDO execs would be willing to take at this point since it already established and has a nice sized prescene in WDW and if they were to build this would cause major buzz in the fan community.

For Iger he is taking some pretty big risks with acquisitions. Pixar, Marvel and Lucas were all calculated risks for big bucks (even for a company as large as TWDC). He did also green light the DCA overhaul coming off of a pretty nasty recession. I give him credit for that. Nothing that has happened at WDW since Iger took over shows he has any interest in taking risks with the Florida property. I think FLE looks great, but was a relatively small investment and they were literally turning people away at the gates during peak times so the added capacity at MK has a more easy to quantify payoff.

I think I read somewhere that RSR cost close to $300M to build. That includes all of the rock work and the ride itself plus the design costs which would be absent this time around. With improved efficiency due to the fact that it's a clone they could probably build Carsland minus Luigis for less than $500M at DHS. Plus DHS is #4 in attendance so it's easier to quantify the benefit to shareholders when you can point to a sharp increase in attendance. We all know that with multi-day passes its mostly just a shell game and a lot of the increased attendance would come at the expense of the other 2 parks not named MK, but it looks good on paper to be able to say we dropped half a billion dollars on an expansion and it netted us a 10% increase in attendance at DHS.

Wikkler

It's just a dream. :rolleyes:

Wikkler

Also, they're gonna build Avatarland, It's not that difficult to imagine them wanting a Pixarland.

If we want a DCA clone in Pixarland, let's get something from Bugland.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Also, they're gonna build Avatarland, It's not that difficult to imagine them wanting a Pixarland.

If we want a DCA clone in Pixarland, let's get something from Bugland.

Avatar seems to be on life support. I think whatever they do with DHS will happen before Avatar. I am hoping for just RSR and a few shops and a restaurant from Carsland plus MI door coaster and maybe an additional dark ride, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I would settle for just Carsland minus Luigi's if it means something new and work starting soon. Just give us something.

Wikkler

Also, there is a lot of potential, considering the possible size of this project.
The red area in the map is the potential size of Pixar Place.
asdfffx.png

awoogala

awoogala

The fact that cars, fish or bugs talk doesn't bother me. It is the inconsistency in Up that bothers me. You don't see an occasional dog driving a bulldozer at the beginning of the film. It isn't until the 3rd act that things get really out of whack. In the other films, the fish, cars, and bugs talk from the beginning. That is the universe that the film is based in. Up breaks it's own rules.

the dogs don't talk. the collars do. they just read their thoughts. ;) the guy is stuck for what? 30-50 years? he just happens to be a mad scientific computer genius.

Wikkler

Actually, it looks like this area is enough for representation for every single Pixar franchise, as I've poorly photoshopped here:
asdfff.png

Unfortunately, it looks like there may be buildings and roads in the way...

Turtle

Actually, it looks like this area is enough for representation for every single Pixar franchise, as I've poorly photoshopped here:
asdfff.png

Unfortunately, it looks like there may be buildings and roads in the way...
nope. you're putting way too much of pixar into hollywood studios. it's overkill. take out at least 4 of those attractions and it might be okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom