DHS CARS LAND

SirLink

What do you think the chances are that Lasseter becomes Disney CEO when Iger steps down in 2015 or is promoted at least in a position of power?

One could dream, I know, but the company's top shareholders includes creatives like George Lucas and the Jobs Family Trust, so it could very well happen! Here's to hope! Cheers!

Zero, nadda, he won't want it ... most likely candidate is Stacey Snider or Alan Horn depending on what the BoD wants...

tl77

I would much rather see the Incredibles over Carsland, which is great for Califorina, but it'd just be like another Test Track for Florida. Plus Toy Story Midway is already cloned in both DHS and DCA, and Star Tours and Tower of Terror are all over the world, they really need some unique attractions for the Studios

Tony Perkis

As well done as Cars Land was, the actual property holds little value to me because neither Cars film was particularly good. The first one was didn't have a great story, and the second was a terrible Larry the Cable Guy show. I'd much rather see a ride or land based on The Incredibles (Pixar's best film and its greatest source of untapped potential), or Ratatouille (a great film not well represented in the parks).

alissafalco

Well, I think it sounds like a great idea. Also a great rumor to discuss and dream about. But, at this point the rumors have been swirling so long that I need an announcement of some kind before getting to excited.

I totally agree, I'll believe it when I see it..

afar28

I wouldn't mind that at all. It expands Pixar Place, doesn't clone anything, and looks to be unique. I always wanted an incredibles ride as well, I think it could work very well.

Beholder

The Incredibles have been so ignored and under appreciated that the film doesn't even "feel" like a Pixar creation, which is great. It's Disney, it's Pixar, but to me it's kind of the black sheep of the bunch. And that, of course, makes the whole idea even more compelling. I'd love to see an E ticket built around The Incredibles.

AndyS2992

The Incredibles have been so ignored and under appreciated that the film doesn't even "feel" like a Pixar creation, which is great. It's Disney, it's Pixar, but to me it's kind of the black sheep of the bunch. And that, of course, makes the whole idea even more compelling. I'd love to see an E ticket built around The Incredibles.

In my opinion UP and Brave are the only ones that don't feel Pixar o_O The Incredibles is very Pixar-y lol Love the opening to UP though. Tear up every time.

parker4fm

I've been to Paris to see Toy Story Land and I've been to DCA to see Cars Land. Toy Story Land is a horrible idea and I'm surprised it was duplicated in Hong Kong. Surprisingly, neither of these lands have Midway Mania. Cars Land is amazing, but its what DCA needs to keep attendance up. DHS should provide a point of difference. Pixar Place has a lot of opportunity. I would love to see a Wall-E dark ride, an Incredibles attraction, and maybe the long rumored Monsters Inc coaster. What's the thought on updating Tomorrowland with something more theme relevant and moving Laugh Floor? Or closing Laugh Floor? On that same note, closing the Monsters Dark Ride in DCA and replacing it with something slightly better?

AndyS2992

I've been to Paris to see Toy Story Land and I've been to DCA to see Cars Land. Toy Story Land is a horrible idea and I'm surprised it was duplicated in Hong Kong. Surprisingly, neither of these lands have Midway Mania. Cars Land is amazing, but its what DCA needs to keep attendance up. DHS should provide a point of difference. Pixar Place has a lot of opportunity. I would love to see a Wall-E dark ride, an Incredibles attraction, and maybe the long rumored Monsters Inc coaster. What's the thought on updating Tomorrowland with something more theme relevant and moving Laugh Floor? Or closing Laugh Floor? On that same note, closing the Monsters Dark Ride in DCA and replacing it with something slightly better?

I've been to Toy Story Land in Paris and although it looks very cheap, I thought it was fun. It has been rumored somwhere that after the Ratatouille ride has been built then Toy Story Mania will be built there. Although Buzz Astroblasters is just next door so I'm not sure how that will work out.

Wouldn't want Toy Story Land built in WDW though.

Bparso87

Not only does it not get any love but it is perfect to get some more boy stuff around the world. I love this film and think it is better then some of the big Pixar films. I mean the Car films actually are the worst out of all the Pixar movies but it gets so much love.

Bparso87

Ok but fish that talk and a whole land of cars is not cartoonish is it not a cartoon. That is the point of the movie it is suppose to be like those cartoons. It has one of the best stories out of Pixar movies and was nominated for best picture at the academy awards.

lebeau

Ok but fish that talk and a whole land of cars is not cartoonish is it not a cartoon. That is the point of the movie it is suppose to be like those cartoons. It has one of the best stories out of Pixar movies and was nominated for best picture at the academy awards.

Maybe Up doesn't feel like Pixar because it exceeded Pixar's usual standards? <where's my Dr. Evil emoticon?>

I have found that people are very passionate about their rankings of Pixar films. And there is no changing someone's mind. For me, Up is the best. But the quality is so consistent, there are lots of other choices that could contend for #1. Just so long as you don't pick Brave, Bugs Life or Cars (1 or 2), there's an argument to be made.

Bparso87

Maybe Up doesn't feel like Pixar because it exceeded Pixar's usual standards? <where's my Dr. Evil emoticon?>

I have found that people are very passionate about their rankings of Pixar films. And there is no changing someone's mind. For me, Up is the best. But the quality is so consistent, there are lots of other choices that could contend for #1. Just so long as you don't pick Brave, Bugs Life or Cars (1 or 2), there's an argument to be made.
I agree with you. I like brave not my favorite and bugs life is the one people always forget about. The cars movies are just horrible and number two made me loose respect for Pixar because they did it for money I always thought they did stuff their own way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom