DHS CARS LAND

Taylor

I drank the Kool-Aid here. Give me The Incredibles.

kool-aid-man.jpg

articos

The above is an idea somewhat contingent on Incredibles 2, but Brad has to do Tomorrowland first, and he has another project or two that are also simmering. Pixar will definitely have a larger profile at DHS in the not so distant future.

The Empress Lilly

My preference:
1 - IP-franchise free, original rides
2 - Star Wars
3 - Something Disney
4 - Pixar/outside IP

Realistically, I shouldn't expect any non-franchise attraction in the foreseeable future anymore. Sadly.

Having said that, personally, I think Cars, then Toy Story, then Nemo are Pixar's weakest movies, so I welcome this over Cars Land.

MarkTwain

The above is an idea somewhat contingent on Incredibles 2, but Brad has to do Tomorrowland first, and he has another project or two that are also simmering. Pixar will definitely have a larger profile at DHS in the not so distant future.

Yes, it'd be a huge gamble to base a new ride on a movie as obscure and financially unproven as The Incredibles, wouldn't it? :rolleyes: Gotta wait for that sequel just to be sure of its viability...

articos

Yes, it'd be a huge gamble to base a new ride on a movie as obscure and financially unproven as The Incredibles, wouldn't it? :rolleyes: Gotta wait for that sequel just to be sure of its viability...
In the entertainment business, anything over what's currently out is old and busted. And half of what's currently out is hung out to dry after the first weekend if the numbers don't come in. Marketing budgets instantly evaporate. What Disney loves: synergy. If they can time an upcoming release somewhat around an attraction opening, they get all giddy. Not saying it won't happen, but that's what they'd like to happen. Ideally the attraction opens first, then the sequel. BSD is correct in Lasseter not wanting a clone in FL, and I'm told he is pushing a different direction than Cars, although nothing is in stone yet.

msteel

The Incredibles is probably my favorite Pixar movie. But I agree that it has less merchandise appeal than many of the others.

Lee

Adventurer
Definitely not against an Incredibles E Ticket btw! Any comments from insiders about the DHS project tipping in favor of this ride as opposed to Cars or Monsters? @Lee @whylightbulb @WDW1974 @marni1971
I don't think it has necessarily tipped either way. As we've said, Skipper John wasn't a fan of the Cars Land cloning idea. Look at this as him offering an alternative. (Though, I currently think CL is still the front runner.)
What do you think the chances are that Lasseter becomes Disney CEO when Iger steps down in 2015 or is promoted at least in a position of power?
He certainly won't be CEO. He likes where he is now, with full control over animation and a big voice at WDI.

FigmentJedi

Crossing my fingers for this and hoping it expands on the setting rather then just retelling the movie/being a sequel story rehashing the original film like the Nemo ride. Would love to see them draw from the comics for ideas, though I doubt that'll happen.

Tip Top Club

I would welcome this with open arms. It's edgy and exciting (just like what the studios aspires to be, but never quite is) The Incredibles are Incredi-bly popular, it made a lot of money in theaters, and continues to be popular. I would love to see this addition.

What would really make it is the Ratatouille Ride to go with it, but that is wishful thinking to the Nth degree.

articos

I would welcome this with open arms. It's edgy and exciting (just like what the studios aspires to be, but never quite is) The Incredibles are Incredi-bly popular, it made a lot of money in theaters, and continues to be popular. I would love to see this addition.

What would really make it is the Ratatouille Ride to go with it, but that is wishful thinking to the Nth degree.
Not necessarily...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom