DHS CARS LAND

ebof1023

What is this incredible E-Ticket you people speak of? Disney making a new incredible E-Ticket...unheard of! But in all seriousness what are the plans for this E-Ticket

Beholder

In my opinion UP and Brave are the only ones that don't feel Pixar o_O The Incredibles is very Pixar-y lol Love the opening to UP though. Tear up every time.

The Incredibles are Pixar, without a doubt, but in the context of marketing and exposure, I tend to view that movie as being somewhat outside the "mainstream". Which is a shame considering the popularity of super heroes in film lately.

tomman710

I would be SHOCKED if they went with an Incredibles attraction ... I mean I would love it but if I am being honest it's not the merchandising juggernaut that Cars, Toy Story, or even to a lesser extent Monster Inc are. That move would be totally out of the norm for TDO ... so maybe "shock" would be an understatement.

twebber55

I would be SHOCKED if they went with an Incredibles attraction ... I mean I would love it but if I am being honest it's not the merchandising juggernaut that Cars, Toy Story, or even to a lesser extent Monster Inc are. That move would be totally out of the norm for TDO ... so maybe "shock" would be an understatement.
you can pretty much merchandise anything...i am sure they can sell tons of incredible stuff

FigmentJedi

Incredibles was never a comic originally
Let me explain. Before Disney bought Marvel, they licensed various Disney and Pixar properties to a publisher called Boom! Studios. Among them was The Incredibles, written by Landry Walker and Mark Waid (Best known for his run on Flash as well as the DC classic miniseries Kingdom Come). Set after the movie, the comic series dealt with the superban being lifted and consequently, a bunch of supervillains crawling out of the woodwork after mostly sticking to the shadows over the years. Running for a four issue miniseries and a 16 issue ongoing, it introduced new villains, repurposed one from the original scripts for the movie (Xerek), and told a longform story that ended up being cut short because when Disney bought Marvel, it didn't take them long to take all the Pixar stuff back.

The series ended on a cliffhanger where Xerek and the supervillains succeeded in a mind control plot to turn Metroville against the superheroes and the Incredibles being forced to leave town. The four issue finale arc that would have resolved this was never published.

tumblr_ma427e7i6H1rtn2elo1_500.jpg

Turtle

Th
Let me explain. Before Disney bought Marvel, they licensed various Disney and Pixar properties to a publisher called Boom! Studios. Among them was The Incredibles, written by Landry Walker and Mark Waid (Best known for his run on Flash as well as the DC classic miniseries Kingdom Come). Set after the movie, the comic series dealt with the superban being lifted and consequently, a bunch of supervillains crawling out of the woodwork after mostly sticking to the shadows over the years. Running for a four issue miniseries and a 16 issue ongoing, it introduced new villains, repurposed one from the original scripts for the movie (Xerek), and told a longform story that ended up being cut short because when Disney bought Marvel, it didn't take them long to take all the Pixar stuff back.

The series ended on a cliffhanger where Xerek and the supervillains succeeded in a mind control plot to turn Metroville against the superheroes and the Incredibles being forced to leave town. The four issue finale arc that would have resolved this was never published.

tumblr_ma427e7i6H1rtn2elo1_500.jpg
That should've been published!

FigmentJedi

That should've been published!
For a while, Marvel was reprinting the Pixar and Muppet stuff in Magazine format collecting full arcs together and rotating between different properties, but they gave up due to low sales and only the first two Incredibles storylines were put out in that format. The Muppet Show Comic storyline "The Four Seasons", which also went unpublished at Boom from DIsney taking the licenses back, did finally see the light of day under Marvel, so there's a chance something might emerge eventually.

Disneyhead'71

The fact that cars, fish or bugs talk doesn't bother me. It is the inconsistency in Up that bothers me. You don't see an occasional dog driving a bulldozer at the beginning of the film. It isn't until the 3rd act that things get really out of whack. In the other films, the fish, cars, and bugs talk from the beginning. That is the universe that the film is based in. Up breaks it's own rules.

PeterAlt

I don't think it has necessarily tipped either way. As we've said, Skipper John wasn't a fan of the Cars Land cloning idea. Look at this as him offering an alternative. (Though, I currently think CL is still the front runner.)

He certainly won't be CEO. He likes where he is now, with full control over animation and a big voice at WDI.
But as CEO, he would be in control of the whole company and no one can override him!

twebber55

I would much rather see an Incredibles E-ticket than Carsland. Of course, I'm still stunned that a Star Wars expansion isn't in the cards for DHS.
i do think star wars will come just not until the first movie rolls out....plus the suits are probably thinking got ride already, already do star wars weekends..im guessing by 2020

openendedsky

I would much rather see an Incredibles E-ticket than Carsland. Of course, I'm still stunned that a Star Wars expansion isn't in the cards for DHS.
I'd give up my first born for a star wars land.

Okay, not really. But I do agree that they shouldn't homogenize the attractions between the parks so that there are no unique qualities to either of them. I enjoyed cars, but I think there could be a lot more done with this, if the space allowed, than Cars Land 2.0

juniorthomas

The Incredibles are Pixar, without a doubt, but in the context of marketing and exposure, I tend to view that movie as being somewhat outside the "mainstream". Which is a shame considering the popularity of super heroes in film lately.

Aside from Toy Story, I think it's one of the best Pixar films as far as the writing goes. It's very engaging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom