DHS CARS LAND

cookiee_munster

it sounds like a better idea to build this incredibles attraction (i love the idea of them actually being in walt disney world on holiday and something happening)

its a great way of getting super heroes into the parks without the whole universal studio's/marvel characters thing coming about.

EDIT - plus, i also like the idea of imagineering wanting certain rides to only go in one park. make it more unique. there's a fair few pixar films out there now. id imagine every disney park could actually have its own very attraction :p

so of course, no clone of ratatouille from france, but that doesn't mean we couldn't have a beauty and the beast style dining experience at the studio's???

hiptwinmama

So I guess I am the only one here who would rather see Cars Land. We live on the East Coast, and there isn't a chance in H_ll that I would pay $2K to fly my family all the way to California just to see Carsland. However, I would happily drive my family to FL for a special trip just to see Cars Land.

That being said, anything would be an improvement to DHS and would be welcomed. I absolutely love the incredibles and would be thrilled to see an awesome ride based on them. Disney would need to create a sequel and really amp up the marketing though. Violet and Mrs. Incredible would need to become more a symbol of "girl power" for marketing purposes.

Disneyhead'71

Ok but fish that talk and a whole land of cars is not cartoonish is it not a cartoon. That is the point of the movie it is suppose to be like those cartoons. It has one of the best stories out of Pixar movies and was nominated for best picture at the academy awards.
Yes fish talk in Nemo, and Cars is definitely an homage to the Saturday Morning Cartoons of the '70s. But my problem with Up is it starts so strong without a hint of Sat. Morning Cartoon silliness and then it just gets silly towards the end. I think the tone is distractingly inconsistent.

Turtle

My preference:
1 - IP-franchise free, original rides
2 - Star Wars
3 - Something Disney
4 - Pixar/outside IP

Realistically, I shouldn't expect any non-franchise attraction in the foreseeable future anymore. Sadly.

Having said that, personally, I think Cars, then Toy Story, then Nemo are Pixar's weakest movies, so I welcome this over Cars Land.
Nemo and Toy Story is weak? I dont understand

And how do you plan on having original rides in a MOVIE park?

Turtle

Crossing my fingers for this and hoping it expands on the setting rather then just retelling the movie/being a sequel story rehashing the original film like the Nemo ride. Would love to see them draw from the comics for ideas, though I doubt that'll happen.
Incredibles was never a comic originally

MattM

What do you think the chances are that Lasseter becomes Disney CEO when Iger steps down in 2015 or is promoted at least in a position of power?

One could dream, I know, but the company's top shareholders includes creatives like George Lucas and the Jobs Family Trust, so it could very well happen! Here's to hope! Cheers!

Very low. But I like the idea of giving him a relevant position with some actually authority. The guy gets it. Bean counters have their place, but it is wise to understand that you always have to INVEST money to make money (notice I didn't say spend money, there is a difference). You almost always get out of things what you put into them. Lasseter gets the bigger picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom