DHS CARS LAND

TP2000

But those have been cloned in the past. :)

Oh, you wanna get that technical? :D

The Sailing Ship Columbia is a Disneyland original attraction that operates to this day but has never been cloned in any Disney theme park.

See Disneyland's Rivers of America the scenic way - sail via Columbia!
river2.jpg

Other than that one attraction at Disneyland USA, every single other Disneyland attraction has been cloned at least once across all of the four other Disney theme park properties around the world. Many of those clones are no longer operating in the other parks, especially in Florida. But at one time or another since 1971 all other Disneyland USA attractions have been cloned somewhere around the world at some point.

Now, Disney California Adventure has several attractions that only appear in that park, and several are quite good. (California Screamin' and Radiator Springs Racers come to mind, with another dozen C or D Tickets filling out the rest of the DCA exclusive list).

ebof1023

Yeah, but what would that be? Not much out there that isn't already owned they could go for. Star Wars is the only other thing as big that they can use.
Yes something they can and NEED to use! Personally if this land is done right it would top WWOHP hands down! the fallowing to the Star Wars saga is massive and id go to the lengths to say larger than potter. Star Wars has stood the tale of time and wil lforever idk if i can say that about potter. and if this does happen the lines would be similar on opening because there are some people who if given the opprotunity to feel as if they were in the world of Star Wars would give up anything in the world to make this dream possible!

awoogala

It's been years since I've been in there (only ate there once, about 10+ years ago), but I thought they did have the whack an alien game.
probably like everything else, it broke and they just removed it. we were there in 2009, and that was the first thing my kids looked for. The "pizza" was awful, too.

SJN1279

I understand what you're saying Beholder, but within the 7 books, they grow up... each story is in and of itself "timeless" but as part of a greater set of stories is liner, and a fantastic "coming of age" story... in that way they are "timeless" in their own right!

Having Harry set at school age, in the attractions, to me is like meeting Ariel with her fins, or Beast as the Beast (not the Prince) as these are the forms they take in their most "accessible" way... not at the end of their stories, the most "timeless" way if you like. In THAT way, Potter will never grow old.
The problem is they chose Daniel Radcliffe to play Potter in the ride(and not an animated version of the character). Radcliffe has already said he is done with the character, so phase 2 of Potter may very well be Potterless(not to mention updates of Forbidden Journey's videos in the future).

BryceM

The problem is they chose Daniel Radcliffe to play Potter in the ride(and not an animated version of the character). Radcliffe has already said he is done with the character, so phase 2 of Potter may very well be Potterless(not to mention updates of Forbidden Journey's videos in the future).
They could easily just re-do the clips with an animated Potter.

|Q|

Back the the Ratatouille Ride. Does anyone think that if DHS does get the Ratatouille Ride we would get this facade from Paris?

ratatouilleblueprint.jpg

Thanks to "Disney and More" for the Ratatouille Blueprint.
What about Gusteau's?

The left part of the drawing is the restaurant, but looks like it won't be themed to "Gusteau's", but to "La Ratotouille",
Linguini's restaurant at the end of the movie
. Some rumors on european forums states that the restaurant should interact with the attraction in a similar way to Blue Bayou (or Blue Lagoon in Paris) and PotC.

Q

Disneyhead'71

Radcliffe has fulfilled his contract. He will not be in Potter 2.0. The Twins, Ron, and Belletrix are all of the cast that I know for sure that will be in 2.0.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Oh, you wanna get that technical? :D

The Sailing Ship Columbia is a Disneyland original attraction that operates to this day but has never been cloned in any Disney theme park.

See Disneyland's Rivers of America the scenic way - sail via Columbia!
river2.jpg

Other than that one attraction at Disneyland USA, every single other Disneyland attraction has been cloned at least once across all of the four other Disney theme park properties around the world. Many of those clones are no longer operating in the other parks, especially in Florida. But at one time or another since 1971 all other Disneyland USA attractions have been cloned somewhere around the world at some point.

Now, Disney California Adventure has several attractions that only appear in that park, and several are quite good. (California Screamin' and Radiator Springs Racers come to mind, with another dozen C or D Tickets filling out the rest of the DCA exclusive list).

You seem to have overlooked Alice and Matterhorn but whatever.

TP2000

You seem to have overlooked Alice and Matterhorn but whatever.

BAH! You're right. :oops:

Okay.... Sailing Ship Columbia, Alice In Wonderland, and Matterhorn Bobsleds. Those are the three Disneyland attractions currently operating that have never been cloned elsewhere. Everything else currently operating at Disneyland has been cloned somewhere around the world at some time.

Phew. Now, I'm going to bed!

Californian Elitist

BAH! You're right. :oops:

Okay.... Sailing Ship Columbia, Alice In Wonderland, and Matterhorn Bobsleds. Those are the three Disneyland attractions currently operating that have never been cloned elsewhere. Everything else currently operating at Disneyland has been cloned somewhere around the world at some time.

Phew. Now, I'm going to bed!

Don't forget Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln:D

cba

Radcliffe has fulfilled his contract. He will not be in Potter 2.0. The Twins, Ron, and Belletrix are all of the cast that I know for sure that will be in 2.0.
That's not good for Universal, because how are you going to have a good Harry Potter land expansion without Harry Potter?

hiptwinmama

You just described Harry Potter... It's a modern classic.
absolutely... it totally is. It is one of the largest modern classic franchise and I think US/IOA is brilliant for latching on to it. The majority of the rides at US are not linked to films that are special, for example the mummy. IOA has done a much better job of linking to classics.

I should have clarified, I was meanting to imply that Despicable Me, MIB, and Several Other rides are not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Films that are special....

I'd consider ET, The Terminator, Shrek, The Mummy, MIB, The Simpsons special.

Story's of Dr Seuss? Never heard of them. Dr Doom. Who? And who's the characters in the great Ripsaw Falls?

I guess it depends on personal opinion.

Magenta Panther

A Radcliffe-less Harry Potter wouldn't be that hard to duplicate or continue, it seems to me. CGI animation could replace live performance, and a Radcliffe sound-alike could supply the voice. It's not like Radcliffe owns the character. He just played him in the movies. :)

SJN1279

They could easily just re-do the clips with an animated Potter.
If JK Rowling approves an animated version of the character, she is a known pain in the butt. Radcliffe is in his mid 20's and has stated he is done with the character. I don't see him coming back.

FigmentJedi

From the top of my head other restaurants in Pixar restaurants: Pizza Planet , Bennett's (the bar from Bug City in Bug's Life where Flik meets the circus bugs), Fentons (the ice cream parlor from Up), Harryhausens (Sushi Restaurant from Monsters Inc), Flo's from Cars, Gusteau's (Ratatouille), and Epsilon's (inside the blimp where Muntz and Carl have dinner where the dogs served the food in Up)
Fenton's is a real place though, so they'd probably have to do some licensing agreement or something. I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige though.

http://www.fentonscreamery.com/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom