DHS CARS LAND

SirOinksALot

They should have at least "updated" it to a relevant franchise without worrying about the Pixar Place connection - that could be fixed in any sort of huge addition that bridges the gap created by that restaurant.

Beholder

As I've gone over this thread and others (Avatar, Star Wars, FLE) I'm beginning to think that the ultimate surprise would be if Disney announced something original. I think I would faint. No IP's, no existing franchises, no tie-ins, just something 100% NEW. I know it won't happen, but with all these rumors of this or that project, I feel like we'll have SOME sort of heads up when something does happen, so an original attraction would just blow us away. Me anyway.

ThemeParks4Life

As I've gone over this thread and others (Avatar, Star Wars, FLE) I'm beginning to think that the ultimate surprise would be if Disney announced something original. I think I would faint. No IP's, no existing franchises, no tie-ins, just something 100% NEW. I know it won't happen, but with all these rumors of this or that project, I feel like we'll have SOME sort of heads up when something does happen, so an original attraction would just blow us away. Me anyway.

They should dig Fire Mountain back up.

Cosmic Commando

I can't understand why that wasn't done years ago.
A new sign would cost $20, that would eat away at TDO's bonuses.
I've been hoping that it's DCA redo inspired. If they changed Orange Stinger into Silly Symphony Swings in 2003, nobody would've cared. Lipstick on a pig. Since it was part of the laundry list of projects in the DCA makeover, everyone gushed over those swings when they reopened. I've been hoping that they're holding off on the changeover to announce it as part of something bigger. If they weren't, it seems like low-hanging fruit to be able to announce something "new" in a year when you otherwise wouldn't have anything.

michmousefan

Mostly because Disney requires a tremendous amount of input and customization on their rides. B&M doesn't work that way.
That's just fine with me; looking forward to riding the new B&M wing coaster Gatekeeper at Cedar Point this May. No customization needed other than the far that it will spiral over the new front gate for CP.

Skibum1970

It's all somewhat related (6 degrees of separation). DHS Cars Land needs to happen but shouldn't be cheaped out on. Other parks, namely UNI and Sea World, are building rides for people to enjoy while Disney focuses on NextGen. Irritation with that caused members to remark on other parks (DAK) as well as DHS (count me in on that discussion). Then, we noted some ways to improve DHS and DAK. We then wiped our mouths with the sterilized napkins and agreed that NextGen was not such a good thing for DHS and Cars Land. Oh, and Cars Land has still not been officially announced or green lit although many think that DIS 23 will be where the announcement happens.

juniorthomas

truly. pizza planet is horrific. When my kids look at it and say Chuck e. cheese's is better, you have done something wrong.
They don't even have the alien bopper in the movie, and that game is everywhere we go! and no crane game full of green squeaky aliens!

Agreed. I can understand why they didn't include the alien bopper (dead astronauts may not work too well with little kids), but they could easily adjust that. And the crane game - seriously - would have an hour long wait. Who wouldn't want the chance to use...THE CLAW

roodlesnouter

Mostly because Disney requires a tremendous amount of input and customization on their rides. B&M doesn't work that way.

They Did with Nemisis at Alton Towers, very much a joint venture. Was another company involved with hulk too, at least for the launch. I just dont think B&M is good fit with Disney, shame as I love B&Ms.ROAR.

cjkeating

They Did with Nemisis at Alton Towers, very much a joint venture. Was another company involved with hulk too, at least for the launch. I just dont think B&M is good fit with Disney, shame as I love B&Ms.ROAR.

If TDO wanted to make everyone happy... and actually increase their attendance at AK unlike any other attraction they build at the moment they would make the E-Ticket a B&M wing rider (Florida first) themed around the flying dragon type creature in Avatar. Surely a B&M must be cheaper than some OTT WDI themed dark ride (or Soaring 2.0) and then they still fit in a couple of C-ticket Avatar attractions as well along with all the merchandise and food outlets.

Skibum1970

Lee pegged it, though. Vekoma loves the money and will do whatever Disney asks. Premier probably went along for the ride as well. B&M doesn't need new customers or the headaches that Disney must cause and thus they won't cater. I agree that a B&M coaster would make a perfect ride, though. Their rides are typically reliable and fun. Intamin's rides are a little more intense but also subject to downtime (especially the hydraulic launches). Still, an Intamin moto-coaster for the speeder bike ride at DHS and the Wingrider would be heavenly.

Skibum1970

Nothing like the roar from the Hulk, Raptor, Kumba, etc... It's like a "Welcome Home" sign for the coaster.

TP2000

Story's of Dr Seuss? Never heard of them. Dr Doom. Who? And who's the characters in the great Ripsaw Falls?

I guess it depends on personal opinion.

Oh, do they not have Dr. Seuss books in the UK? I'd never thought of that, actually.

I have no idea who Dr. Doom is, but Rocky & Bullwinkle are burned into my memory as a child of the mid 20th century.

But I never considered Dr. Seuss to be an American thing, but I guess you have a point. The author of those books was from San Diego, or at least retired there. That's why the trees in the Seuss books look like the wispy eucalyptus trees that are found along all the freeways in San Diego County.

WED99

Oh, do they not have Dr. Seuss books in the UK? I'd never thought of that, actually.

I have no idea who Dr. Doom is, but Rocky & Bullwinkle are burned into my memory as a child of the mid 20th century.

But I never considered Dr. Seuss to be an American thing, but I guess you have a point. The author of those books was from San Diego, or at least retired there. That's why the trees in the Seuss books look like the wispy eucalyptus trees that are found along all the freeways in San Diego County.
Dr Seuss is huge here in Australia! And Rocky & Bullwinkle aren't the characters for Ripsaw Falls...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom