DHS CARS LAND

M.rudolf

Supposedly they are "recycling the catastrophe canyon rock work" and contractors have already begun to mobilize a workforce. Look for small things to begin as earl as march but true work to begin mid may

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Supposedly they are "recycling the catastrophe canyon rock work" and contractors have already begun to mobilize a workforce. Look for small things to begin as earl as march but true work to begin mid may

Are they going to close both LMA and backlot tour or will they try to keep 1 open? If they close both and start poking around the cat will definitely be out of the bag even if not officially announced.

M.rudolf

Are they going to close both LMA and backlot tour or will they try to keep 1 open? If they close both and start poking around the cat will definitely be out of the bag even if not officially announced.
The cat has been out of the bag for a while Disney has more leaks than the titanic

doctornick

Look for an announcement at d23
Groundbreaking should be mid may

Much as I hope for this to be true, is there anyone else with connections who has heard this? Would be nice to see another source validate this.

Also, are you still seeing RSR/Flo's/Monsters Inc coaster/Ratatouille as the plan? Or has it changed again?

I like the sounds of recycling rockwork, which sounds more promising than the "value engineering" idea of having billboards.

CinematicFusion

True, but the question becomes what is being leaked to test the waters, what is being leaked to plug a leak and what legitimately slips out.

FLE was announced sept 11 of 09. Part opened in 2012 and won't be completed until 2014.

So if Disney announces something major at D3 in August of 2013....we won't see anything finished until 2016 with completion in 2018.
speculation is DHS overhaul and Avatar land in AK... I guess Epcot won't get touched untill sometime after 2020.

Very very very slow pace for Disney.

M.rudolf

Much as I hope for this to be true, is there anyone else with connections who has heard this? Would be nice to see another source validate this.

Also, are you still seeing RSR/Flo's/Monsters Inc coaster/Ratatouille as the plan? Or has it changed again?

I like the sounds of recycling rockwork, which sounds more promising than the "value engineering" idea of having billboards.
There is one source here that I have conferred with and they were told the start date was beginning of the new year. Whether they'll come forward or not is up to them. In 74s previous post he alluded to multiple announcements at d23 I'd put money on it they'll be cars land, Star Wars related and additional magic kingdom enhancements. The Hollywood studios renovation is the thing that's making the most noise as of now, but there are other whispers, the problem is they are only whispers at this point. The loudest things I'm hearing are uni developments, and if half of these are true Disney is behind the 8 ball big time. The gringotts attraction has been testing and it looks amazing also JP I've heard from a few people could be up for a huge expansion. Then there's one other thing that I've heard that if they pull it off could be a true game changer. But now there are 2 different camps giving 2 different stories and until I get a straight answer from someone I'm keeping my usually huge mouth shut. Disney you've been put into checkmate and fp+ can't save you. Time for some real imagineering not meet and greets time for innovation. I'm sorry but if morpho is your answer look for another. From what I'm hearing uni has a animatronic of a certain baddie that will blow your mind and his interaction with a certain attraction is amazing, cough gringotts cough, happy new year and may this year be better than last for us fanboys

Atomicmickey

OK, Voldemort, then. I'm sure it's great...it's been a while since we've seen
true innovations in AA's. The Wicked Witch of the West is the last one that
I've seen that made me go wow. And I've seen Lincoln in DL--nice, but doesn't
(expectedly) gesticulate wildly like the witch.

Should be fun to see . . .

danlb_2000

Premium Member
FLE was announced sept 11 of 09. Part opened in 2012 and won't be completed until 2014.

So if Disney announces something major at D3 in August of 2013....we won't see anything finished until 2016 with completion in 2018.
speculation is DHS overhaul and Avatar land in AK... I guess Epcot won't get touched untill sometime after 2020.

Very very very slow pace for Disney.

The rest of FLE is taking until 2014 only because they made a major change in the direction of the project last minute (replaceing the M&G's with the mine ride). Assuming no major change like this happens in these other project they should be able to finish them in 3 years, not 5.

SJN1279

There is one source here that I have conferred with and they were told the start date was beginning of the new year. Whether they'll come forward or not is up to them. In 74s previous post he alluded to multiple announcements at d23 I'd put money on it they'll be cars land, Star Wars related and additional magic kingdom enhancements. The Hollywood studios renovation is the thing that's making the most noise as of now, but there are other whispers, the problem is they are only whispers at this point. The loudest things I'm hearing are uni developments, and if half of these are true Disney is behind the 8 ball big time. The gringotts attraction has been testing and it looks amazing also JP I've heard from a few people could be up for a huge expansion. Then there's one other thing that I've heard that if they pull it off could be a true game changer. But now there are 2 different camps giving 2 different stories and until I get a straight answer from someone I'm keeping my usually huge mouth shut. Disney you've been put into checkmate and fp+ can't save you. Time for some real imagineering not meet and greets time for innovation. I'm sorry but if morpho is your answer look for another. From what I'm hearing uni has a animatronic of a certain baddie that will blow your mind and his interaction with a certain attraction is amazing, cough gringotts cough, happy new year and may this year be better than last for us fanboys

I love Universal, but they have zero rides that most entire families can enjoy together(minus ET-which is soon to leave), because every other ride spins, is a nauseating simulator, has massive drops, or soaks you to the bone. Universal has some great attractions, but they will never overtake Disney, because their audience is limited in scope. Disney Parks have something for everyone, Universal parks do not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom