DHS CARS LAND

tirian

The Columbia right?

Were the toontown attractions replicated elsewhere? Like Roger Rabbit?
Isn't NOS unique to DL too?
Tarzan?

The last few I'm guessing vs looking up. Hoping someone knows for sure :)

Technically, Paris does have its own pirate ship, and NOS is part of the architecture in Adventureland at Tokyo DL. Alice and the Matterhorn are the only complete originals left at DL, Everest notwithstanding.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I personally would not be excited by an expanded Star Wars area. Star Wars (not too unlike Avatar) is a property that you are either REALLY into/fanatical about - or you just respect it for what it is, but not that excited by it. I would be in the second camp...
Ditto.

DocMcHulk

From what I gather, there's an awful lot of stalling and finger pointing but no one to take the blame or the fall, no one to acknowledge actually what is wrong, and no clear cut route out of the mess they're in.
You cant really get direction until the house is completely cleared. I am not talking about specifically WDW, i am taling in general. When there's a problem, and it's happened under the watch of a group of people, it's borderline impossible for them to figure out how to fix it. It really needs fresh eyes. I've been through it before, and I think I am going through it now at my current employer.

Cosmic Commando

Technically, Paris does have its own pirate ship, and NOS is part of the architecture in Adventureland at Tokyo DL. Alice and the Matterhorn are the only complete originals left at DL, Everest notwithstanding.
But the Columbia is a replica of one of the first U.S. ships to sail around the world. It just plays a pirate ship during Fantasmic! ;)

Skibum1970

You cant really get direction until the house is completely cleared. I am not talking about specifically WDW, i am taling in general. When there's a problem, and it's happened under the watch of a group of people, it's borderline impossible for them to figure out how to fix it. It really needs fresh eyes. I've been through it before, and I think I am going through it now at my current employer.

As much as I would love to hear an announcement stating that DHS was receiving Cars Land and the Monsters coaster, I don't see anything happening until the changeover from current to George K is complete (if that even happens).

djkidkaz

D23 expo isn't for another 8 months. Seems like a long time for them to wait since they wouldn't break ground until after an announcement.

doctornick

D23 expo isn't for another 8 months. Seems like a long time for them to wait since they wouldn't break ground until after an announcement.

Well, that's the question... would they be willing to break ground before an official announcement? Uni has no problem doing so. But I don't recall any time in recent memory for WDW to do that with attractions (they have done it for DVC builds, though). I mean the Repunzal bathrooms are the closest thing to a secret build in the park.

doctornick

If they announce a Cars Land clone 100 yards away from the original, could they actually get booed at the P&R panel?

In theory, they would advertise this more as a "Pixar Place Expansion" than "bringing Cars Land to WDW". If M.rudolf is correct, then the current plan is RSR/Monsters Inc coaster/Ratouille ride which wouldn't be copying the full experience from DCA and putting it into DHS.

A lot of people from SoCal will complain about copying RSR, but it won't be as bad IMHO if Disney maintains that the only place to visit the fully built out Cars Land is in Cali.

twebber55

In theory, they would advertise this more as a "Pixar Place Expansion" than "bringing Cars Land to WDW". If M.rudolf is correct, then the current plan is RSR/Monsters Inc coaster/Ratouille ride which wouldn't be copying the full experience from DCA and putting it into DHS.

A lot of people from SoCal will complain about copying RSR, but it won't be as bad IMHO if Disney maintains that the only place to visit the fully built out Cars Land is in Cali.
to me this is better than cars land east

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom