DHS CARS LAND

hiptwinmama

Read and article yesterday on a reputable news site, not a wdw fan site. If I can find it again I'll post it. It said that WDW just finished up surveying DHS for construction of the new Carsland. It also went on to explain that the new movie "Planes", yes a spin off of cars, was originally set for DVD release. However, it is now going to be released in theaters. Sounds like Carsland is going to happen.

Personally I would love to see it replicated from DCA, with the exception of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Flying Tiers. Maybe they could do 2 different rides instead. I want my kids, and myself, to get the full experience and not a watered down version.

Californian Elitist

There are definitely more, Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye is one I can think of right away.

Tokyo has this ride. Just a different setting and the name is tweaked, I believe, but it's basically the same ride. I believe the only ones that haven't been replicated really are Matterhorn and Alice in Wonderland.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Tokyo has this ride. Just a different setting and the name is tweaked, I believe, but it's basically the same ride. I believe the only ones that haven't been replicated really are Matterhorn and Alice in Wonderland.

It's crazy that it's only those 2, but you are the resident expert on all things DL so I believe it:).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Read and article yesterday on a reputable news site, not a wdw fan site. If I can find it again I'll post it. It said that WDW just finished up surveying DHS for construction of the new Carsland. It also went on to explain that the new movie "Planes", yes a spin off of cars, was originally set for DVD release. However, it is now going to be released in theaters. Sounds like Carsland is going to happen.

Personally I would love to see it replicated from DCA, with the exception of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Flying Tiers. Maybe they could do 2 different rides instead. I want my kids, and myself, to get the full experience and not a watered down version.

Not sure if this is what you read, but it mentions surveys at DHS and planes going to the theater:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ing-a-theatrical-release-next-summer-20121221

flynnibus

Premium Member

The Columbia right?

Were the toontown attractions replicated elsewhere? Like Roger Rabbit?
Isn't NOS unique to DL too?
Tarzan?

The last few I'm guessing vs looking up. Hoping someone knows for sure :)

Californian Elitist

The Columbia right?

Were the toontown attractions replicated elsewhere? Like Roger Rabbit?
Isn't NOS unique to DL too?
Tarzan?

The last few I'm guessing vs looking up. Hoping someone knows for sure :)

Oh I was thinking of actual rides! LOL I guess we could count the Columbia,Tarzan and NOS. in that case, we can count Lincoln, too. I don't think that's been replicated anywhere.

Roger is in Tokyo. Gadget's Go-Coaster is basically Barnstormer, right?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh I was thinking of actual rides! LOL I guess we could count the Columbia,Tarzan and NOS. in that case, we can count Lincoln, too. I don't think that's been replicated anywhere.

Roger is in Tokyo. Gadget's Go-Coaster is basically Barnstormer, right?
Gadget is a mirror flipped Barnstormer, yes.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Okay, so what's the theme for Barnstormer?

The great Goofini is a flight instructor (I think) and you are flying with him in his plane. The coaster looks like a series of planes. You twist around a bit and then in the original version flew through a barn. In the new version you fly through a billboard. You are supposed to be out of control with Goofy flying you around.

Californian Elitist

The great Goofini is a flight instructor (I think) and you are flying with him in his plane. The coaster looks like a series of planes. You twist around a bit and then in the original version flew through a barn. In the new version you fly through a billboard. You are supposed to be out of control with Goofy flying you around.

Ooohhh, okay. Thanks for the response!

The_Mesh_Hatter

Hong Kong has Tarzan, Tokyo has NOS and Gadget's Go Coaster.

Don't forget the Submarine Voyage though, that's unique to Disneyland as well. As is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Also, the castle walk thru can be considered a Disneyland-only. Disneyland Paris has a walk thru as well, but there are pretty much no similarities.

Californian Elitist

Hong Kong has Tarzan, Tokyo has NOS and Gadget's Go Coaster.

Don't forget the Submarine Voyage though, that's unique to Disneyland as well. As is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Also, the castle walk thru can be considered a Disneyland-only. Disneyland Paris has a walk thru as well, but there are pretty much no similarities.

NOS is really a Disneyland only thing. It's just an area in Tokyo's Adventureland. I didn't know Hong Kong had Tarzan, thanks for that.

I wouldn't count Toad because it was duplicated at some point in time. I also wouldn't count the walk-through. One exists in Paris, doesn't really matter if they're different, IMO of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom