DHS CARS LAND

Mickey_777

But that is why I think RSR, as is from DCA, is perfect for a standalong attraction in DHS. On the ride, you "visit" Radiator Springs and the surrounding countryside. It's a little superfluous if you are already walking around in Radiator Springs on your own (i.e. Cars Land) but if DHS just had RSR, then I think having all the scenary of the town as part of the ride works. Plus you get to "meet" the Cars (first movie) characters that way.

I don't see much of a need for a Cars 2 overlay for DHS, especially given that was the inferior movie.

You're right. It wouldn't be a problem if only bringing over the Radiator Springs Racers. I'm also in favor of DHS going the route of a Pixar place expansion rather than a copy of what's out at DCA.

ebof1023

Personally, I think they should save money and go with MI, Rat clone, Indy clone, and Cantina character meal (that instantly upgrades DHS) ... then take the savings from RSR (using the assumption that an Indy clone would be cheaper than a RSR clone) and do something in EPCOT.
i completly agree, the addition of all of these will in the long run be much more prospurous for DHS, i would much rather see the addition of all of these then just the single RSR clone

RunnerEd

Personally, I think they should save money and go with MI, Rat clone, Indy clone, and Cantina character meal (that instantly upgrades DHS) ... then take the savings from RSR (using the assumption that an Indy clone would be cheaper than a RSR clone) and do something in EPCOT.

To quote and agree with what you said, they could then add some coin and put a new continent (don't care which one but would prefer Australia) in AK. They could also either build a real (not a Mongello) E-Ticket in MK or add a villains land and show all of the parks some love. IMNVHO, Epcot and DHS need the most help, though.

tomman710

To quote and agree with what you said, they could then add some coin and put a new continent (don't care which one but would prefer Australia) in AK. They could also either build a real (not a Mongello) E-Ticket in MK or add a villains land and show all of the parks some love. IMNVHO, Epcot and DHS need the most help, though.

I love the idea but I'm thinking the money they save from theoretically going from RSR to Indy would be in the 100 mil or less range ... So not a whole lot that can be done with that, but we're just blue skying anyway.

RunnerEd

I love the idea but I'm thinking the money they save from theoretically going from RSR to Indy would be in the 100 mil or less range ... So not a whole lot that can be done with that, but we're just blue skying anyway.

That's certainly not enough to get Mt Fuji built in Japan but could do wonders to Imagination and Energy as well as finish SSE. Just a little bit more and they could add the Rhine River attraction to Germany and maybe the Bullet Train to Japan and Epcot just became really fresh. Blue Sky, I know. I wish they would make me President; I'd fire the accountants and while their replacements were being hired, green light a ton of stuff ;)

RSoxNo1

The "insiders" had no clue Disney was talking to Lucas about buying Star Wars. It makes absolutely no sense to buy Star Wars and use the Cars franchise instead when you have Star Wars to exploit.

Star Wars will make more money if developed into a themed land.

Jimmy Thick- Fact.
You are very good at being a troll. You're also 100% wrong. Myself and others had posted on here prior to the announcement that discussions were being had. Jim Hill mentioned it on a live version of my show a month prior, etc. The discussions were well known, the timeframe was not.

RSoxNo1

DHS outdrew IOA by 2 million last year, if you believe TEA stastistics. DHS outdrew USO by almost 4 million. This was mostly due to the fact Potter opened, if Universal can keep all those people remains to be seen. I don't see any Universal park coming close to even the weakest Disney park anytime soon.

Jimmy Thick- If you believe TEA...
Put your money where your mouth is. $100 to Give Kids the World that a Universal park passes a Disney park in attendance by the first full year of Potter phase 2 on the TEA reports.

WDW1974

Wow. 161 pages and this baby still is going ... and I didn't even start it either.

can someone bring me up to speed on what we're talking about? I hope it's Lou Mongello.

RSoxNo1

And I still believe DHS outdrew IOA that day.

Jimmy Thick- Any pictures of the whole park?
Sure...
HarryPotterLine1.jpg

HarryPotterLine2.jpg

HarryPotterLine3.jpg

HarryPotterLine4.jpg

HarryPotterLine5.jpg

HarryPotterLine6.jpg

RSoxNo1

It will be interesting to see how attendance Numbers look for 2012. I can easliy see Uni IoA maintaining its 7.7 million from 2011 and maybe going to 8.0 or even 8.5 in 2012. It could very well slip to 7.0 too. With all of the new attractions being built I can see it rising again very soon though.

I can also see DHS slipping a bit too, maybe to 9.0 or 9.5 in 2012. It would be very interesting to see if IoA or Uni studios can over take DHS once Potter 2.0 opens.

Does anyone have any actual numbers for attendance in 2012 yet?
I would think that as long as attendance at IOA and USF is at a rate of increase (or decrease) that's in line with Epcot/DHS and DAK for 2012 USF should be satisfied. They know they have major projects well underway while Disney hasn't broken ground on anything substantial in Epcot, DHS or DAK. Disney has yet to prove they can truly fasttrack something amazing and even if they announce Carsland, Star Wars Land, and Beastly Kingdom tomorrow, Harry Potter 2.0 will open up before any of them.

TP2000

Wow. 161 pages and this baby still is going ... and I didn't even start it either.

can someone bring me up to speed on what we're talking about? I hope it's Lou Mongello.

I've only been in and out sporadically, but the discussion is not about Lou Mongello.

But it's also not about Cars Land going in to DHS, because that hasn't been greenlit yet. Despite what some other websites said would happen on December 6th.

Disneyhead'71

The fact that Jimmy believes that DHS had higher attendance than IOA on the day The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter opened shows exactly why everyone should have him "ignored". He is an idiot. And that is not a personal attack. Simply a fact.

Concerning the PIXAR HodgePodgeLand plan. I am wondering how they would market such an expansion. Marketing a spectacular Carsland would be easy, but PIXAR HodgePodgeLand? Not so much. It would be like a battery of individual ads for individual rides and defeat the whole "new land" concept that the WWOHP made so popular. And given WDWs current marketing department I am not having a good feeling about that.

And given the line up M.Rudolf laid out, I would switch out Flo's for a Rat Restaurant attached to the ride. Just having Flo's from Radiator Springs feels really random and unnecessary.

celluloid

If Cars 2 would of been a smash we would of seen Carsland. It was far from that and the intense merch sales that it had from the 2005-2007 area do not justify an entire Carsland for the powers at be anymore.

If construction started now it would take at least two years just to complete a value engineered version. There is no way they would put a resturant that was not really featured much in the film it was actually in. We would just get the value engineered clone of the main ride.

If anything Disney Florida is on the level right now of just doing something that in their minds is 'good enough' where we get a Mater flat ride in one of the smaller soundstages where we have painted flat sets inside and an overhead recording announcement of "Alright everybodeh, here comes that biiiiiig scene we got to film" as the flat ride starts from an annoying overdone voice.

DocMcHulk

You are very good at being a troll. You're also 100% wrong. Myself and others had posted on here prior to the announcement that discussions were being had. Jim Hill mentioned it on a live version of my show a month prior, etc. The discussions were well known, the timeframe was not.
I can back this up. I very clearly remember the post about the negotiations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom