DHS CARS LAND

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No, it hasn't. And it's not likely to either. They would be better suited to bring another IP into the spot instead of redoing the Cars Land. Then they would have a new "land" in Orlando and a Cars Land in Anaheim. Something different, yet equally as good, to draw folks to both coasts.
You let opinion cloud facts a little there I think.

Whilst Carsland has not been green lit in anyway, there is still a very good chance an east coast version will be built.

With respect.

Jimmy Thick

I don't see the benefit of a Carsland in Disney World when Disney now owns Star Wars. Star Wars is a bigger, better property and would appeals to more people than Carsland. Considering Disney has been in talks with Lucas about acquiring Star Wars for over a year, which no one knew about btw, I highly doubt there was any truth to these "Carsland" rumors to begin with.

Keep it on the west coast, bring us Star Wars.

Jimmy Thick- Star Wars weekends year round!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't see the benefit of a Carsland in Disney World when Disney now owns Star Wars. Star Wars is a bigger, better property and would appeals to more people than Carsland. Considering Disney has been in talks with Lucas about acquiring Star Wars for over a year, which no one knew about btw, I highly doubt there was any truth to these "Carsland" rumors to begin with.

A number of the insiders here reported that there were discussions of bringing Carsland to DHS, so have little doubt that it was at least being considered, and still may be.

BryceM

I agree. Leave Cars Land exclusive to Disney's California Adventure. We really need Star Wars in Disney's Hollywood Studios and a larger Pixar presence. Not just Cars.

menamechris

I have my reservations these days. I have a feeling the project is probably in the continuous cycle of being tabled for the next quarter...

menamechris

I personally would not be excited by an expanded Star Wars area. Star Wars (not too unlike Avatar) is a property that you are either REALLY into/fanatical about - or you just respect it for what it is, but not that excited by it. I would be in the second camp...

FrankLapidus

Star Wars is a bigger, better property and would appeals to more people than Carsland.

I agree with this but I think Cars Land is more likely to happen because of it's success on the West coast. Not that I'm adverse to Cars Land at WDW but I'm more in favour of a Pixar land that would incorporate more of the studio's films rather than just Cars. Presumably it's easier to clone Cars Land than spend the time to develop a Star Wars expansion, despite the potential there, and hope that the success in California will be duplicated in Florida.

Jimmy Thick

A number of the insiders here reported that there were discussions of bringing Carsland to DHS, so have little doubt that it was at least being considered, and still may be.

The "insiders" had no clue Disney was talking to Lucas about buying Star Wars. It makes absolutely no sense to buy Star Wars and use the Cars franchise instead when you have Star Wars to exploit.

Star Wars will make more money if developed into a themed land.

Jimmy Thick- Fact.

Jimmy Thick

I agree with this but I think Cars Land is more likely to happen because of it's success on the West coast. Not that I'm adverse to Cars Land at WDW but I'm more in favour of a Pixar land that would incorporate more of the studio's films rather than just Cars. Presumably it's easier to clone Cars Land than spend the time to develop a Star Wars expansion, despite the potential there, and hope that the success in California will be duplicated in Florida.

If Disney announced even a small but expanded Star Wars land, for lack of a better term, Disney fanboi's would go nuts, SW fanboi's would go nuts, the general public would go nuts. People would forget Potter exists and DHS would have its "killer app". You don't have the same potential with Cars.

Thats not to say Carsland would not be successful, Iam sure it would based on whats happening on the west coast. I just find it hard to believe Disney would sit on the SW property when the public obviously wants it.

Jimmy Thick- Potential.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The "insiders" had no clue Disney was talking to Lucas about buying Star Wars. It makes absolutely no sense to buy Star Wars and use the Cars franchise instead when you have Star Wars to exploit.

Star Wars will make more money if developed into a themed land.

Jimmy Thick- Fact.

What the insiders knew about Star Wars isn't really relevant (and I believe a number of them did know). I agree that Star Wars would be a better choice, but doesn't change that fact that according to what the insiders said there was serious discussion of Cars Land in DHS. Doesn't mean it will happen, just means that it was, and maybe still is, being considered. When Disney bought Marvel I would have though there would be a Marvel based attraction build in Disneyland but it's been over 3 years and it's still just a rumor.

whylightbulb

Original Poster

Sorry Mr. Thick but you are wrong again. Carsland is very much alive for WDW. There is much more of a chance it will be built than not. The main question now is what scale it will be built.

Jimmy Thick

What the insiders knew about Star Wars isn't really relevant (and I believe a number of them did know). I agree that Star Wars would be a better choice, but doesn't change that fact that according to what the insiders said there was serious discussion of Cars Land in DHS. Doesn't mean it will happen, just means that it was, and maybe still is, being considered. When Disney bought Marvel I would have though there would be a Marvel based attraction build in Disneyland but it's been over 3 years and it's still just a rumor.

Sorry Mr. Thick but you are wrong again. Carsland is very much alive for WDW. There is much more of a chance it will be built than not. The main question now is what scale it will be built.

If Carsland was seriously being considered it would have been announced by Disney by now, simply from the fact of the huge success from the west coast and it would have made huge news everywhere.

Disney bought Star Wars.

If there was anything being considered about Carsland, I highly doubt its still valid.

Disney has been owning the "insiders" left and right of late, I doubt there are any true "insiders" anymore.

Jimmy Thick- Insiders also said Avatar was dead...But apparently Disney has been working on it...

twebber55

im good with either expansion be it carsland or star wars...i just see them waiting on star wars until after the first movie

im not crazy about a clone but this will be big for DHS

FrankLapidus

I don't know if it would make people forget that Harry Potter exists but if you had to pick a franchise to go up against Potter I'm sure most people would choose Star Wars. There is huge potential in the SW franchise for the parks so it will be interesting to see how long it takes for Disney to do something with that potential; the longer it takes, the stupider they will look as the competition in Florida continues to expand and improve.

whylightbulb

Original Poster
If Carsland was seriously being considered it would have been announced by Disney by now, simply from the fact of the huge success from the west coast and it would have made huge news everywhere.

Disney bought Star Wars.

If there was anything being considered about Carsland, I highly doubt its still valid.

Disney has been owning the "insiders" left and right of late, I doubt there are any true "insiders" anymore.

Jimmy Thick- Insiders also said Avatar was dead...But apparently Disney has been working on it...
No "insider" that I know of has ever said Avatar was dead. It has gone through, and is still going though, its ups and downs but it has never been completely dead.

As to when Cars will be announced for WDW I can't say. All I can say is that the project is very much alive.

twebber55

the whole potter swatter thing is silly to me...potter has its fans and no matter what the mouse does they will go to orlando to see wwohp and in 2015 when phase two opens the place will be crazy again

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Disney bought Star Wars.

I agree that Star Wars is a logical choice, but for various reasons it's not unusual for large corporations, including Disney, to do apparently illogical things.

Jimmy Thick

the whole potter swatter thing is silly to me...potter has its fans and no matter what the mouse does they will go to orlando to see wwohp and in 2015 when phase two opens the place will be crazy again

If Disney gets their crap together and offers a Star Wars land the same time the second phase of Potter opens, Potter gets crushed.

Jimmy Thick- Big if though...

twebber55

I agree that Star Wars is a logical choice, but for various reasons it's not unusual for large corporations, including Disney, to do apparently illogical things.
my only thing on star wars (which im in favor for expansion) is you already have a ride and a month pretty much dedicated to star wars how much more will they actually do...a TS place would be ideal seeing the studios could use another TS place

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom