DHS CARS LAND

twebber55

DHS outdrew IOA by 2 million last year, if you believe TEA stastistics. DHS outdrew USO by almost 4 million. This was mostly due to the fact Potter opened, if Universal can keep all those people remains to be seen. I don't see any Universal park coming close to even the weakest Disney park anytime soon.

Jimmy Thick- If you believe TEA...
i would say 2015 could be the year IOA and or USF pass DHS

whylightbulb

Original Poster
I believe its safe to say the even when Potter opened, more people were in DHS. I would be so bold to fearlessly predict DHS will have a much higher attendance number than IOA. I make these statements without any research, just simple logic.

Jimmy Thick- Lets see, DHS outdraws IOA by 2, 3 million?
I don't have the exact numbers but I can tell you that when Potter opened the lines stretched outside the park into City Walk and they doubled it around the entire perimeter of the park. The wait to get into the land was a full day for many.

lazyboy97o

DHS outdrew IOA by 2 million last year, if you believe TEA stastistics. DHS outdrew USO by almost 4 million. This was mostly due to the fact Potter opened, if Universal can keep all those people remains to be seen. I don't see any Universal park coming close to even the weakest Disney park anytime soon.

Jimmy Thick- If you believe TEA...
You do know that Disney is a member of the TEA right? And Universal Studios Japan and Islands of Adventure outdid Disney's California Adventure, Hong Kong Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Park in attendance.

Jimmy Thick

Because it has the Disney name in front of it. It does not make Disney's Hollywood Studios a better park than Islands of Adventure because Islands of Adventure is light years above the Studios.

That is opinion.

But see how important and influentual the Disney name/brand is.

Jimmy Thick- Priceless?

BryceM

That is opinion.

But see how important and influentual the Disney name/brand is.

Jimmy Thick- Priceless?
I think it is fact that the theming and details in each of the islands makes it a far better park than the messy studio theming to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

And yes, because it's been around far longer than the Universal parks. There is no denying that Islands of Adventure will surely surpass Animal Kingdom and the Studios in the next few years.

Jimmy Thick

I don't have the exact numbers but I can tell you that when Potter opened the lines stretched outside the park into City Walk and they doubled it around the entire perimeter of the park. The wait to get into the land was a full day for many.

And DHS more than likely outdrew IOA that day by, oh 100 to 1?

Jimmy Thick- 9.7 million to 7.7 million?

Jimmy Thick

You do know that Disney is a member of the TEA right? And Universal Studios Japan and Islands of Adventure outdid Disney's California Adventure, Hong Kong Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Park in attendance.

And in Orlando, no one beats the Mouse, Potter or not.

Jimmy Thick- Fact.

Jimmy Thick

Just not strong enough to keep the Disney Store from going bankrupt.

Disney Store, from what I have read, was a success for a time but could not sustain.

Thankfully, the parks in Orlando don't have this issue, and beat the competition year in, year out.

Jimmy Thick- Thank the Lord!!!

lazyboy97o

Disney Store, from what I have read, was a success for a time but could not sustain.

Thankfully, the parks in Orlando don't have this issue, and beat the competition year in, year out.

Jimmy Thick- Thank the Lord!!!
Maybe you should try really hard and look into what led to the downfall, sale, bankruptcy and buyback of the Disney Store. There are a lot of similarities to what is happening to Walt Disney World.

Jimmy Thick

I think it is fact that the theming and details in each of the islands makes it a far better park than the messy studio theming to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

And yes, because it's been around far longer than the Universal parks. There is no denying that Islands of Adventure will surely surpass Animal Kingdom and the Studios in the next few years.

I believe Universal Orlando and DHS opened within a week of each other or a short amout of time.

IOA will never surpasse any Disney Park as long as MK continues to chug along, its just not possible.

Jimmy Thick- MK is the king, and distributes too many guests.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There is no denying that Islands of Adventure will surely surpass Animal Kingdom and the Studios in the next few years.

Is this possible, yes, but if you think it's a definite you are as delusional as a Disney fanboi at the opening of new fantasyland. Unless Disney changes the way their tickets are sold, DHS and AK will always be propped up in attendance.

doctornick

Opinion or not, it would be kind of redundant to have two Cars Land sections in the two resorts.

Is it redundant to have a clone WWOHP in California? Because that's happening.

Why wouldn't Disney (or any theme park operator) want to copy wildly successful lands in other parks? The overlap of guests between DLR and WDW is relatively small.

Captain Chaos

7378823_f248.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom