DHS CARS LAND

Lee

Adventurer
As of recently it hadn't been greenlit. If there is an announcement this week, that changed quickly.
Wonder if our info is correct and Cars Land Lite is on the way?

WDW1974

As of recently it hadn't been greenlit. If there is an announcement this week, that changed quickly.
Wonder if our info is correct and Cars Land Lite is on the way?

I've just been bombarded by folks asking me if this is true ... and I have heard nothing to indicate that it has gotten the final approval and, more so, that it will be announced this week.

When are they going to announce it? On Friday afternoon when the news cycle buries it? Doesn't sound logical to me ... and sounds like they've been borrowing our info for a while.

ADP2

Guys - Take a look at the last part of the news story. The DIS discussed this back in July. This thread was started in August. I think a lot of the fan forums where discussing this since then.

afar28

Do our insiders have any clue if it was DIS just spitting out a rumor, or is their a very good chance that Carsland "lite" will be announced tomorrow?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Do our insiders have any clue if it was DIS just spitting out a rumor, or is their a very good chance that Carsland "lite" will be announced tomorrow?

Although they did qualify it as rumor early in the article, I am pretty confident they have a solid source to post an article like that. The original article declaring Cars Land coming to DHS was not from a source on these boards.

Bold indeed, that's always the case when you're dealing in rumors. Let's see what happens.

RalphinSC

With their board following and bandwidth, DIS is putting a lot of their credibility on the line for "spitting out a rumor". I certainly hope their sources are rock solid. That's usually not a place I look to for rumor so much as a place I look to for a bit more grounded info. At least as far as their news releases go.

I could understand a rumor thread, but they put that out on their news feed, and all their social media feeds. It would be foolish of them to do that unless they were very sure of it.

Not saying that it would be a first or anything though........:rolleyes:

the.dreamfinder

CARsDBOARD LAND is coming!

Fans of Kindergarten crafts and middle school stage priductions everywhere, rejoice!
Leaked WDI supplies!!!
Screen+shot+2011-02-01+at+10.05.13+PM.png

Lead Imagineers!!
020411-02.jpg

TP2000

What if it's more themed after Cars 2, hence the name change of the event to "Around the World"

Cars Land at DCA is already using the Cars 2 timeline and plot. Elements and characters from Cars 2 show up throughout Cars Land, from Luigi's Flying Tires highly detailed queue with all the World Grand Prix souvenirs on display, to Mater's queue with his Tall Tales exploits on display, to the success of Radiator Springs when all the shops have expanded and fixed up their places for all the tourists that visit them again.

The Cars and Cars 2 plotline realities exist already in Cars Land.

The ride through Racers, however, takes you back in time as Doc Hudson is still your crew chief. But the town is in the present day. You have to experience it to get it, perhaps.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
The dis boards was waiting until a bus driver confirmed the rumor.
hey now, I'm a boat captain, thank you very much. I'm at least slightly more credible :p

No in all seriousness, the DIS is typically not overly involved in rumors, but that was a missing part of the community and they are working on growing it. It has proven to be quite popular with their audience. I am not sure why more insiders do not post there, maybe it's bad blood or whatever, but would be nice to get more activity over there. Regardless, I'm even in shock over that posting. We'll see what happens in a couple day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom