DHS CARS LAND

doctornick

99% sure that DHS is getting new attractions. It's no longer if but when, what and how many, from what I hear cars land will start before avatar, if it happens, actually breaks ground. The time table is basically cars land 2016/early 2017. Indy stunt show closing and replaced by a Indy ride by 2019, I haven't been told yet what ride it is at this time

This is entirely believable. If correct, I wouldn't be surprised by any of it, but I'd be disappointed in the timetable. Really, if Cars Land is a go for DHS, there is no reason to be delaying and it should be fast tracked to compete with USF -- given that they've already build the whole thing in California, they should be able to build it by late 2015 with a modestly accelerated schedule. There's no reason it should need to take 4 years from today to be built. But that's the Disney we see now.

As an aside, what is the status of the Monsters Inc Door coaster as part of DHS expansion? The consensus seemed to be that it would happen with any expansion plans and I hope that's the case (after all the building for it is just sitting unused for guest experiences). Perhaps I'm being naive, but I do think that that one aspect of a DHS/Pixar Place expansion could be completed relatively quickly and be open before Cars Land.

wdwfan4ver

The Stat of 47 million guests visiting WDW each year by Pixiedustmaker is misleading. The numbers doesn't lie, but how the numbers got that total is makes makes Pixiedustmaker statement of another Disney can do a 5th park at WDW false.

People do use park hopper at WDW. I have use used Park Hopper at WDW before such as doing to AK in the day, and go another park at night as an example. It is well known that AK closes the earliest of all the WDW theme parks. DHS as a theme park isn't a full day park for everyone. If that person has a park hopper, Disney counts that person 2 times in the same day for park attendance if you add up all 4 WDW theme parks.

DHS is a prime example of where a park hopper makes the 9.7 million gusts in 2011 bigger than it should be. If there was no park hopper, it is very possible that anywhere from 10 to 25 percent of the guests wouldn't be at DHS. I could actually be underestimating the percentage of people wouldn't going to DHS without a park hopper.That means without Park Hopper, DHS might have gotten the DCA treatment years ago. The other with DHS that is the attendance is helped by AK hours.

AK could have similar stats. It goes to a couple things. AK needs help for amount of attractions and the 2nd thing is people could be turned off when the park closes. AK park hours help Downtown Disney, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and DHS for nighttime attendance. That info would be interesting from a percentage point for a whole year.

Epcot and MK wouldn't be getting that high a percentage of guests going there only because the guests have a park hopper compare to DHS. Epcot and MK numbers are helped by AK's park hours and DHS not being a full for everyone.

Guest that go to MK or Epcot later in the day after AK actually get a full at the park on a different, but love on going on attractions at night, for watching stuff like Wishes!, or Illuminations of Earth as an Example. DHS could be getting gets at night that go there for Fantasmic! and a few attractions.

wdwfan4ver

99% sure that DHS is getting new attractions. It's no longer if but when, what and how many, from what I hear cars land will start before avatar, if it happens, actually breaks ground. The time table is basically cars land 2016/early 2017. Indy stunt show closing and replaced by a Indy ride by 2019, I haven't been told yet what ride it is at this time
I actually would believe it and the timetable. I also am curious what in the timetable or status for Monster inc. coaster.

Spike-in-Berlin

I already posted this over at the Imagineer thread,but I have an idea for WIR themed attractions/land instead of Cars Land.

The land would featured 3 attractions:
Wreck-it Ralph Dark Ride -
It would be just like Mr.Toad's Wild Ride except there are 3 different tracks that separate into different rooms by meeting in Game Central Station.
Track 1 - Game: Fix-it Felix Jr / Animatronics: Wreck-it Ralph,Fix-it Felix & the Nicelanders
Track 2 - Game: Sugar Rush / Animatronics: Vanellope,Sugar Rush characters,King Candy,& Wreck-it Ralph (Felix & Calhoun too)
Track 3 - Game: Hero's Duty / Animatronics: Sergeant Calhoun,Hero's Duty soldiers, & Wreck-it Ralph (Felix maybe)
Sugar Rush Speedway -
Combination of Tommorowland Speedway/Radiator Springs Racers/Test Track. With inside and outside portions and Sugar Rush character AAs.
Hero's Duty -
This would be like Buzz Lightyear/TSM where you would be in vehicles with 1st person shooter guns and you'd shoot off cybugs on a screen. At the end,either Calhoun & Felix or Ralph & Vanellope dressed in Hero's Duty gear will tell your score like at the end of TSM.

Don't you think it is a little hasty to plan an entire land for a movie that is still running in the cinemas and so far performing good but nowhere as spectacular that it would justify a project of that magnitude?

EOD K9

People do use park hopper at WDW. I have use used Park Hopper at WDW before such as doing to AK in the day, and go another park at night as an example. It is well known that AK closes the earliest of all the WDW theme parks. DHS as a theme park isn't a full day park for everyone. If that person has a park hopper, Disney counts that person 2 times in the same day for park attendance if you add up all 4 WDW theme parks.
In California however, thats not how they count guests with a PH. They only count the first click. If you went to DCA first and then right to DL, then DCA gets that number for the day.

MagicCanuck

Interesting point on the Brits. Pooh is a British chap too, but I guess he doesn’t have as much draw.;)

I see major hotel expansion at Universal as the biggest threat to WDW. With the way Disney markets and sells the parks they have lessened the impact of people spending a day or 2 at Uni. The biggest marketing and sales push at WDW is the free dining plan offer. Come and stay for a week and buy a 7 day park pass and you get meals for free. The revenue is locked in. When you get there if you choose to spend a day at Uni the only revenue WDW loses is possible merchandise sales. You already paid for your room, meals and park tickets. If anything, they make out better if you skip some meals and or time in the park since the costs to them go down. Even if you don’t do the meal plan if you stay on property at WDW and buy a 5 day pass instead of a 7 the cost is not much lower. Now they lose your meal and merchandise spending for a day or 2, but still get virtually the same park and hotel revenue. Why do you think they offer free dining instead of hotel discounts? Reduces the economic impact of people spending a day or 2 at Uni. If Universal has a major hotel expansion that could change the dynamic.
Sorry to correct you but Pooh is a Canadian who was serving bravely with his regiment The Fort Garry Horse in WW1. The stories were written by a Brit but Winnie is named after the home town of her original owner who donated her to the London zoo. Just a history lesson for the day :)

SirLink

Sorry to correct you but Pooh is a Canadian who was serving bravely with his regiment The Fort Garry Horse in WW1. The stories were written by a Brit but Winnie is named after the home town of her original owner who donated her to the London zoo. Just a history lesson for the day :)

Not quite,good but not quite... Christoper Milne named his Toy Bear Winnie after seeing the Black bear at London Zoo. The stories were written by a Brit about a British Toy Bear that belonged to his son. So Pooh is technically still a Britt.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Canadian or British, all the same to us Americans.;)

I thought the writer was British and the kid in the movies/show has a British accent. Pooh really doesn't have much of an accent at all so hard to tell.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hello! I have a question.. Cars Land is confirmed or is a rumor?

Still a rumor that seems to still have a lot of legs and all of the insiders seem to still think its probable or at least likely, but nothing has changed in a while. Hence this silly side discussion about Pooh and geography. There is a shot they mention it at the big announcement in a few weeks, but with dragons and Starbucks and other "exciting developments" it doesn't seem likely, but who knows. We can hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom