DHS CARS LAND

M.rudolf

Yeah, I'd like to know too.

It's a little stunning to see a rumor posted there that isn't practically a cut-and-paste job lifted from here (with zero credit to the poster here, of course).
It's possible but not probable that you'll hear an announcement. From what I'm hearing not much will be announced

andre85

As of recently it hadn't been greenlit. If there is an announcement this week, that changed quickly.
Wonder if our info is correct and Cars Land Lite is on the way?

Wouldn't be the first...or second...or third time something slipped by you

Atomicmickey

Here's a weird thought, completely improbable and impossible.

Build a Test Track/Cars track that winds it's way through all
the existing infrastructure, catastrophe canyon, the LMA euro-set,
and New York street. Turn Osborne into the spectacle of blurry glowing smears
at 40MPH.

It sure would save them having to build any of that distracting and expensive rockwork.

Just had to get my baseless silly impractical speculation on early today.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Well I don't think anyone desperately tries to control the message like the Disney Parks blog does lol... I find them nauseating to read a lot of the time. But see Flynn's post up above for more info... He's exactly right. Like I said, DIS presents a very white washed view of everything, and they stick close as a whole to the Disney PR line. And sorry, I think you maybe took my post as a knock against individual readers of DIS boards... it wasn't. Just a critique of the general site message, how they operate in terms of freedom from censor, and what's allowable for discussion. People should know what they are reading (or rather what they aren't)

First of all, you all obviously don't listen to the show, because nothing could be further from the truth. They don't edit for content on the show, only the swearing that occasionally happens during recordings.

The blogs are generally positive and meant to be informative. There will be more editorial based blogs coming and I can assure you, they are NOT Disney PR. I did a blog about the closing of PI that certainly wasn't DIsney PR and I've got one on the burner about being a CM(after leaving the company) that's sure to some people off.

The boards, I am only on every now and then. Honestly I hang out here a lot, but I am trying to revitalize the rumors board over there, I requested it be moved up in location, and I'll soon be a mod. When that happens, I can guarantee there will not be any closing of threads or banning because something that's said is critical of Disney. What they don't allow are personal attacks and I think here, sometimes discussions get quite personal(I've seen JT get in some battles) and they just won't let it get that way over there. So if people can trash Disney without trashing each other, there is no issue.

I have always been torn because I love both sites, so I do my best to stay active in both although I'm much more active here. And if someone has a problem with the rumor blogs I do, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to listen to concerns and explain my positions.

Having said that, I was as blindsided as the rest of you on that news article they posted so we shall wait and see.

bubbles1812

First of all, you all obviously don't listen to the show, because nothing could be further from the truth. They don't edit for content on the show, only the swearing that occasionally happens during recordings.

The blogs are generally positive and meant to be informative. There will be more editorial based blogs coming and I can assure you, they are NOT Disney PR. I did a blog about the closing of PI that certainly wasn't DIsney PR and I've got one on the burner about being a CM(after leaving the company) that's sure to some people off.

The boards, I am only on every now and then. Honestly I hang out here a lot, but I am trying to revitalize the rumors board over there, I requested it be moved up in location, and I'll soon be a mod. When that happens, I can guarantee there will not be any closing of threads or banning because something that's said is critical of Disney. What they don't allow are personal attacks and I think here, sometimes discussions get quite personal(I've seen JT get in some battles) and they just won't let it get that way over there. So if people can trash Disney without trashing each other, there is no issue.

I have always been torn because I love both sites, so I do my best to stay active in both although I'm much more active here. And if someone has a problem with the rumor blogs I do, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to listen to concerns and explain my positions.

Having said that, I was as blindsided as the rest of you on that news article they posted so we shall wait and see.

Just to be clear, I was more specifically referring to the forums and not the other things you mentioned. I understand being positive on their blogs... heck most of the ones here are positive. I don't take issue with that. I take issue with how they shape the message in the place where all the discussions are going on.

And no offense but I have a hard time taking you seriously when you freely admit that you will be working for DIS boards soon...of course you are going to defend it. Which is absolutely fine. But again, you admit you are about to become an "employee" over there. You can guarantee that threads critical of Disney or banning something that's said that's critical of Disney won't get closed? I guess I'll believe that one when I see it, but it's certainly not the site's m.o. Yes things get personal beyond here. I'd actually say the JT battles are some of the more mild ones I've seen. And I'm fine if those types of things get deleted (read those specific posts...not whole threads as they do). But again, not what seen in terms of how the site operates at all. Those who as Flynn put it, "push the issue" are gone usually quickly... and they aren't all people who do personal attacks. Not to mention, as has already been discussed, their clientele base is a little bit different and often a criticism of Disney is seen as a personal attack, I'd say even more so than here. If you can change that, more power to you but I'll remain skeptical til then. And you are certainly not going to get some the "insiders" (which is what I was originally responding about) to post over there anytime soon.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Just to be clear, I was more specifically referring to the forums and not the other things you mentioned. I understand being positive on their blogs... heck most of the ones here are positive. I don't take issue with that. I take issue with how they shape the message in the place where all the discussions are going on.

And no offense but I have a hard time taking you seriously when you freely admit that you will be working for DIS boards soon...of course you are going to defend it. Which is absolutely fine. But again, you admit you are about to become an "employee" over there. You can guarantee that threads critical of Disney or banning something that's said that's critical of Disney won't get closed? I guess I'll believe that one when I see it, but it's certainly not the site's m.o. Yes things get personal beyond here. I'd actually say the JT battles are some of the more mild ones I've seen. And I'm fine if those types of things get deleted (read those specific posts...not whole threads as they do). But again, not what seen in terms of how the site operates at all. Those who as Flynn put it, "push the issue" are gone usually quickly... and they aren't all people who do personal attacks. Not to mention, as has already been discussed, their clientele base is a little bit different and often a criticism of Disney is seen as a personal attack, I'd say even more so than here. If you can change that, more power to you but I'll remain skeptical til then. And you are certainly not going to get some the "insiders" (which is what I was originally responding about) to post over there anytime soon.

I am only stating my opinion as well. I have been a member of the site since late 2007 and never witnessed what you speak of, but that doesn't mean it didn't(or doesn't) exist. I just know my project is trying to revitalize the rumor section and given I'm VERY critical of Disney myself(clearly since I hang out here and blast them left and right) I am quite confident these things you speak of wouldn't happen if I'm the one policing things.

Additionally I admit you are right about the clientele. They are not exactly the most skeptical of Disney, but that's because I think those who are do not have a friendly place to share their concerns which goes back to my previous paragraph.

Nonetheless, I have wondered why insiders don't post there and now I understand. So, thank you all for the insight.

Now back to more important topics: Crofton is at the ribbon cutting ceremony, and I hear she took off her clown makeup LOL

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I am not sure what you are looking for when you say "threads cirtical of Disney"? If you go to thier News and Rumors board right now and go through the the top threads you will find at least a couple posts in that are critical of Disney in every one. There is even a thread with a FLE review that says that "it's nice but no where near as good as WWOHP".

Yes, DIS is different the WDWMagic and clearly doesn't tolerate as much as is tolerated here, but I don't want people who haven't been on DIS to think it's some totaly sanatized Disney PR tool, it's clrealy not.

DocMcHulk

Staggs: "Cars Land has been a tremendous hit. It's such a hit with our guests that it clearly factors into our thinking about the long-range plans for our properties. We haven't made any final decisions about if or when that might happen. But we're excited to see how much our guests are really loving that land."

Jason_Garcia - Asked if Disney would copy Cars Land directly, Staggs said, "Cars Land is a pretty darn good blueprint," tho he also allowed for "tweaking."

SirLink

Staggs: "Cars Land has been a tremendous hit. It's such a hit with our guests that it clearly factors into our thinking about the long-range plans for our properties. We haven't made any final decisions about if or when that might happen. But we're excited to see how much our guests are really loving that land."

Jason_Garcia - Asked if Disney would copy Cars Land directly, Staggs said, "Cars Land is a pretty darn good blueprint," tho he also allowed for "tweaking."

Tweaking could mean for replacing Luigi's Flying Tires with another ride ... but with current TDO executives in place...I can't get excited.

dreamscometrue

Tweaking could mean for replacing Luigi's Flying Tires with another ride ... but with current TDO executives in place...I can't get excited.

I keep reading about TDO, but can't Burbank essentially tell TDO what to do? And besides, several reputable insiders on here keep talking about changes to TDO likely in 2013. So, maybe excitement should be building.

Captain Chaos

I keep reading about TDO, but can't Burbank essentially tell TDO what to do? And besides, several reputable insiders on here keep talking about changes to TDO likely in 2013. So, maybe excitement should be building.
Well, some of the insiders did say Burbank forced FLE and Star Tours 2.0 on to TDO who didn't want either... But, I cannot allow any excitement to build up until they give me a reason to get excited... FLE just doesn't do it... it is too long coming honestly... And they still allow to many things to go unfixed and not show ready... They show glimmers, but that glimmer quickly fades...

cba

As posted on the Disboards...
Cars Land is coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Shaun
Thompson

|
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 | Updated:

Dec 5, 2012 - 12:56:41
PM

While
still a rumor, The DIS has confirmed from multiple
sources that Disney will officially announce this
week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's
Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the
Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an
expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land.

Disney opened
Cars Land at Disney California Adventure

back in June to rave reviews and
this would be a much needed boost to DHS, which
is starting to show its age.

While
we don't know yet which attractions will be
included with the new expansion, attractions like

Radiator Springs Racers
have been wildly popular and
most likely would be included.

Hopefully I won't have to wait forever for this to open. I hope to see RSR there along with new attractions. I'll either be happy with the land or disappointed (hopefully I'll be happy :)).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom