DHS CARS LAND

RSoxNo1

I believe that various "insiders" posted the pics of the plans on the internet. Not sure how reporting this development gives your assumption more weight. The only person(s) who knows the reason for the leak is somebody at Disney, or perhaps somebody working for Jim Cameron. You'd have to admit that the timing is much more that mildly interesting.

Leaked plans for Avatarland, then a week or so later, Disney = Star Wars.
You're hopeless.

RSoxNo1

To be fair, that is true.

But the info was being fed to numerous people from multiple (and this is what some folks don't get) sources. I know the deal on how you got your info ... but I was given the info (not the actual plans though) by someone I am 100% sure had nothing to do with you getting it. And I know of a third source, so all at the same time, still makes me wonder.

Disney likes to test the waters sometimes ... and try and search for leaks internally as well.

Anyone seen the plans for Cars Land East or Project LeSabre as I'm calling it?
I think Disney could have certainly done a better job of protecting this information. Whether that was intentional or not is really the only thing up for debate. The people that had access to the information increased dramatically about 24-36 hours before someone came on here and posted the plans.

Also, you owe me a phone call.

Scuttle

This was posted in the Cameron thread after the plans surfaced:

He is a pretty creditable source so I have no reason to doubt this.

I know he is, but everything that I have heard is saying that the prints were not leaked intentionally and that's coming straight from the source.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know he is, but everything that I have heard is saying that the prints were not leaked intentionally and that's coming straight from the source.

And what makes you think your source is the sole holder and gatekeeper of the information? That's what I find amusing... even if the guy responsible for putting the packet together is who you are talking to.. that isn't to say he is the gatekeeper of the information and that his information could not be distributed by others.

doctornick

So, I was watching Cars earlier today and taking particular notice of how Radiator Springs is set up. I noticed that there is some stores that are a little our of order in Radiator Springs compared to how to the DCA set up. Specifically:

1. The Curios shop (Lizzie's) is on the side of the street and between Luigi's Tires and the Cozy Cone
2. Mater's junkyard seems to be on the same side of the street as Sarge's and Fillmore's places.

It's also hard to tell where Flo's is relative to the other buildings, but I think it is further away from the Stanley Statue/courthouse.

I bring this up to suggest that one way they could add some minor uniqueness to a DHS Cars Land is to have the buildings in a somewhat different order so that it would have at least a distinct look, especially if combined with changing the attractions or stores somewhat.

G00fyDad

So, I was watching Cars earlier today and taking particular notice of how Radiator Springs is set up. I noticed that there is some stores that are a little our of order in Radiator Springs compared to how to the DCA set up. Specifically:

1. The Curios shop (Lizzie's) is on the side of the street and between Luigi's Tires and the Cozy Cone
2. Mater's junkyard seems to be on the same side of the street as Sarge's and Fillmore's places.

It's also hard to tell where Flo's is relative to the other buildings, but I think it is further away from the Stanley Statue/courthouse.

I bring this up to suggest that one way they could add some minor uniqueness to a DHS Cars Land is to have the buildings in a somewhat different order so that it would have at least a distinct look, especially if combined with changing the attractions or stores somewhat.

I like that you did, but I doubt anyone else is going to notice that type of distinction.

They really shouldn't worry about the whole "to clone, or not to clone" issue. The fans want it, so build it.

doctornick

I like that you did, but I doubt anyone else is going to notice that type of distinction.

They really shouldn't worry about the whole "to clone, or not to clone" issue. The fans want it, so build it.

Well, sure, and if it's a direct clone, so be it. That said, it would be easy to allow for some uniqueness between the two lands with some relatively minor changes. For starters, if the space used is somewhat different, they might want to rearrange some buildings to make it fit better. As an example, they could put the Mater ride on the other side of the street if it fits better into that space in DHS, plus has the added bonus of being more consistent with the movie.

I do thing another way to make things more unique is to change some of the buildings. Some of them are going to be consistent, I think -- Flo's would be food, the Curios would be merchandise. But others are more flexible, we've seen suggestions like making Luigi's into an Italian restaurant (though the park doesn't really need one) or making Ramone's into a paint house attraction like they have in TDL. There was plans for a Ridemakerz store to go in DCA's Cars Land, but it was cancelled; I could see them wanting in for Florida and I think that was going to go into Sarge's. The courthouse could be made bigger and make into a store or some other use, maybe even some guest services.

I'm just saying that there's no need to be an exact clone and I think having some uniqueness (even if RSR and Mater's are the same) would help to provide some interest in both parks and create the kind of interest that we see when people compare DLR and WDW as they are apt to do.

Scuttle

And what makes you think your source is the sole holder and gatekeeper of the information? That's what I find amusing... even if the guy responsible for putting the packet together is who you are talking to.. that isn't to say he is the gatekeeper of the information and that his information could not be distributed by others.

No $hit I know my source isn't the one and only, but as I said in another post I'm still trying to figure out what happened.

Turtle

Well, sure, and if it's a direct clone, so be it. That said, it would be easy to allow for some uniqueness between the two lands with some relatively minor changes. For starters, if the space used is somewhat different, they might want to rearrange some buildings to make it fit better. As an example, they could put the Mater ride on the other side of the street if it fits better into that space in DHS, plus has the added bonus of being more consistent with the movie.

I do thing another way to make things more unique is to change some of the buildings. Some of them are going to be consistent, I think -- Flo's would be food, the Curios would be merchandise. But others are more flexible, we've seen suggestions like making Luigi's into an Italian restaurant (though the park doesn't really need one) or making Ramone's into a paint house attraction like they have in TDL. There was plans for a Ridemakerz store to go in DCA's Cars Land, but it was cancelled; I could see them wanting in for Florida and I think that was going to go into Sarge's. The courthouse could be made bigger and make into a store or some other use, maybe even some guest services.

I'm just saying that there's no need to be an exact clone and I think having some uniqueness (even if RSR and Mater's are the same) would help to provide some interest in both parks and create the kind of interest that we see when people compare DLR and WDW as they are apt to do.
I would love the Wheel Well Hotel back in the RSR facade, the Ramon's Paint Shop like Goofy's in TDL, Italian Dining in Luigi's, and a flat-ride in Sarge's

flynnibus

Premium Member
No $hit I know my source isn't the one and only, but as I said in another post I'm still trying to figure out what happened.

I'm not talking about downstream... But within the organization itself, since we are talking about the context of intentional leaks. It's entirely possible for your source to have it and share it without the intention of it getting public... While someone else in the org takes the same packet with different intentions. I don't see how externally you would ever figure out what 'happened' unless internally they admit to the intention. The ball is in their hands

Spike-in-Berlin

I would love the Wheel Well Hotel back in the RSR facade, the Ramon's Paint Shop like Goofy's in TDL, Italian Dining in Luigi's, and a flat-ride in Sarge's

I don't think that even if we get a full-sized Cars Land in DHS they will also clone the minor attractions, I mean Maters Junkyard Jamboree and Luigis Tires. I think they will only build RSR, as a new E-ticket for DHS, as the only attraction in Cars Land.

Spike-in-Berlin

Woody shouldn't be in Frontierland as a M+G, just like Stitch/MInc/Buzz shouldn't be in Tomorrow Land

Buzz definetely fits into TL much more than TL Speedway and his predecessors "If you had Wings" and "Dreamflight".
I mean what's exactly "tomorrow/futuristic" about normal cars driving around a racing track or a dark ride about present day aviation and tourism? Stitch does fit too as an alien from outerspace but I (and nearly about everyone else I believe) hates him and his terrible attraction so he should go too. MILF doesn't fit into TL, I agree. Montropolis is not a sci-fi setting but a parallel world. There is nothing Sci-fi about Monstropolis which is nothing more than New York or better Manhattan in the monster universe down to architecture and details.
Actually TL is quite a mess.

SirLink

Buzz definetely fits into TL much more than TL Speedway and his predecessors "If you had Wings" and "Dreamflight".
I mean what's exactly "tomorrow/futuristic" about normal cars driving around a racing track or a dark ride about present day aviation and tourism? Stitch does fit too as an alien from outerspace but I (and nearly about everyone else I believe) hates him and his terrible attraction so he should go too. MILF doesn't fit into TL, I agree. Montropolis is not a sci-fi setting but a parallel world. There is nothing Sci-fi about Monstropolis which is nothing more than New York or better Manhattan in the monster universe down to architecture and details.
Actually TL is quite a mess.

I can't believe it but what to plastic toys/cartoon aliens/and monsters have in common nothing just years of 'fixing' with popular franchises for the kiddies- lets get rid of Alien Encounter its too scary mentality with Stitch(don't mind the attraction) shouldn't be in MK. We had the Time Keeper which we lost to Monsters Inc to appeal to the the lowest common denominator of guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom