DHS CARS LAND

PurpleRose

I find Everest to be more on the family coaster side. I don't find it to be very thrilling and neither has my 11 year old niece. However the theming fr the thrill rides at WDW makes up for it.

I "forgot" to mention to my husband that it goes backwards. He freaked out. LOL. I agree, just when I think of Everest, I hear Brad cursing in my ear.

I think DHS does need an expansion. One thing that I am not understanding in this thread is the addition of Cars Land. Everyone complains that Disney has lost creativity, recycles the same rides from other locations and all I hear about the Avatar expansion is "meh soarin 2.0". I say let the west coast have their cars and let DHS get something new and creative for the east coast. Look what happened to little mermaid, we got a great que and an exact clone of a dark ride. What did people say? Lack of creativity and lazinesson WDI's part. Wouldn't it be the same for Cars? I figure with the complaints we would want something new....

El Grupo

That would be placed in the Adventureland expansion area, southwest of the Junge Cruise, with access through a bottleneck between the PotC building and Jungle Cruise. Exactly where Fire Mountain was rumored to be placed. Of course an Über-E-Ticket, a MK-version of Mysterious Island combining Fire Mountain (instead of 20.000 LutS like in TDS) AND JTTCOTE! would be such an enormous addition to the park, I believe attendance would skyrocket if they would bulid it, as it did in DCA after the opening of Cars Land.

One of my greatest wishes for WDW is to make this sort of addition to the MK. Using the Indy Jones attraction initially conceived for DL as inspiration, I'd love to see Disney add a mountain to Advertureland that included these rides and had the railroad and Jungle Cruise running through it.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I think DHS does need an expansion. One thing that I am not understanding in this thread is the addition of Cars Land. Everyone complains that Disney has lost creativity, recycles the same rides from other locations and all I hear about the Avatar expansion is "meh soarin 2.0". I say let the west coast have their cars and let DHS get something new and creative for the east coast. Look what happened to little mermaid, we got a great que and an exact clone of a dark ride. What did people say? Lack of creativity and lazinesson WDI's part. Wouldn't it be the same for Cars? I figure with the complaints we would want something new....

What do you suggest as an alternative? I would say it should stay as a Pixar property...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would rather have an excellent themed coasters like Everest then a plain coaster with thrills.

So with avatar possibly getting the green light again...does this mean DHS expansion is put on hold?

Insiders say no. Nobody can say anything for sure yet. Crazy times at WDW. At least we're not talking about napkins.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Everest is a good ride, and certainly a pretty one! The backwards bit never fails to deliver.

But as far as modern coasters go, it is pretty tame. Family friendly. Here's what's out there :eek: :

Wow!!! I just got back from throwing up after watching that video;). I am definitely getting old, I don't think I would try any of those. Based on that video, anything at WDW is a family coaster.

matt9112

These rides are a dime a dozen at places like Busch gardens, six flags, etc. I hope they never have a place at Disney.

imagine theming something disney like but on this level? it is possible.....the hulk for example is great enough is hidden and enough is visible and a great Que

What do you suggest as an alternative? I would say it should stay as a Pixar property...
I'm not sure what I would put. Maybe have mini lands with the different pixar themes. Incredibles ride, monsters inc ride with the scare factory theme, wall-e ride with the space theme. If they did a cars land in DHS,what about a radiator springs racer type ride BUT theme the land to the second movie and have the world grand prix or a fin mcmissile spy ride? So we could have RS out west and the grand prix far out east?

spacemt354

Chili's
Everest is a good ride, and certainly a pretty one! The backwards bit never fails to deliver.

But as far as modern coasters go, it is pretty tame. Family friendly. Here's what's out there :eek: :

If these types of coasters are already out there, then I don't see a necessity to have them in Disney World. Although Disney is a family destination, I understand that not every attraction can be something everyone can ride, because motion sickness/unrideability is not strictly designated for intense attractions. I know some people who can't ride Pooh because of the Tigger scene, and others who can't ride Astro Orbiter becasue of the spinning. But rides like Goliath, or El Toro, or Kingda Ka are not Disney material, and I hope they never get built.

The thrills in Disney relate to the stories of the attractions. Dropping in ToT because you're in the Twilight Zone. Going backwards/forwards trying to escape the Yeti in Everest. Racing to catch a concert in RnRC. All those are believeable and therefore, make the thrills that much more exciting for me. I'm just not sure how I can justify the 0-120mph lift off into a 450ft incline (Kingda Ka) and have it relate to some kind of story. The story is always most important for Disney, and that's the reason why I like it so much. I feel the story will be secondary if a Kingda Ka type of attraction is built for Disney.

And in addition, most of those coasters rise above 200 ft. Anything above 200ft in Florida will require a red light on the top, which would be like a blinking zit on the themed attraction.

td1129

imagine theming something disney like but on this level? it is possible.....the hulk for example is great enough is hidden and enough is visible and a great Que

I do agree Disney could make this great though. I just hope they would execute far better than hulk.

matt9112

Completely disagree. Hulk is an eyesore. Total lack of theming except that it is green. The whole thing is entirely exposed track. What about this ride is well themed in your opinion?

the launch tube is a great touch and most of the track is kept toward the back of the ride station....and some exposed track is not a bad thing.....not everyone can hide EVERY coaster in a mountain =P ok im joking....but seriously some track being exposed is not an eye sore...i like seeing just a bit so when your approaching your getting the build up in your stomach....montu is another great example its lift and some inversions are exposed but alot of the coaster is low to the earth....granted i love roller coasters and although i agree they dont mix well with some theming the entire track layout is not required to be hidden for it to be well themed....just my two cents.

PurpleRose

I love steel coasters but I'm also 2 hours away from Carowinds. That's not what I'm looking for at Disney. But my cousin, on the other hand, was upset at the lack of coasters at Disney. Can't please everyone, I guess.

Turtle

I'm not sure what I would put. Maybe have mini lands with the different pixar themes. Incredibles ride, monsters inc ride with the scare factory theme, wall-e ride with the space theme. If they did a cars land in DHS,what about a radiator springs racer type ride BUT theme the land to the second movie and have the world grand prix or a fin mcmissile spy ride? So we could have RS out west and the grand prix far out east?
how could there be a grand prix in the small town of Radiator Springs? And NO CARS 2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom