DHS CARS LAND

GeorgiaPinesRJB

If the ratatouille ride proves to be a hit im guessing tdo will want a clone of it but i would rather see it at the france pavillion

I was thinking about that and to me, it all depends on how the Ratatouille ride is... If it's really French/cuisine heavy then stick it in the France pavilion... if not, Pixar place. It all depends on how the ride is... They need to do something with World Showcase. Just give me an attraction in Japan or UK or France and I'll be happy haha

As for the Cars/DHS info... that's really interesting that there is more than just Cars on the table with other Pixar properties. I really have a feeling that DHS will be rebranded in the future to Disney/Pixar's Hollywood Studios.

doctornick

LPS is very expensive. Definitely an E Ticket.

I'm skeptical that they'd copy the Ratatouille ride at WDW, if they do a full Cars Land and the door coaster -- that seems like a lot of money to spend and I just don't see it, not all in one "land" of Pixar Place. Plus, the Ratatouille ride seems to take up a lot of space and I don't know if it would fit. I think if there's other rides it will be cheapish ones that are small, like Flik's Fliers.

stevehousse

I think the rat ride is something Epcot needs! It would fit perfectly because the restaurant is already there...

As for "Pixar Place" expansion i would love to see an Up dark ride!!!

Question, if they do decide to go with a full Pixar area do you think pizza planet would move into the area at all? Leaving that area open to development for either the Star Wars restaurant or maybe a muppet dark ride?

doctornick

Question, if they do decide to go with a full Pixar area do you think pizza planet would move into the area at all? Leaving that area open to development for either the Star Wars restaurant or maybe a muppet dark ride?

While I do think moving Pizza Planet to Pixar Place would be a cool idea -- maybe to the space currently used by Studio Catering Company -- I don't see how the vacated space would work with Star Wars. It's not really near Star Tours. If anything is going to become a Star Wars restaurant, it would be Backlot Express.

Atomicmickey

They are investing in them for a couple of reasons.
- They had to put something there. (Though the old plan to put Pixie Hollow there was better, IMHO...)
- They needed to improve the crowd flow through that busy area, and provide an additional seating area.
- They want to use the existing restrooms for Pan's expanded (FP+) queue.

The quality of the design and theming doesn't surprise me. I would have been much more surprised if they had put some generic-looking restrooms in that scenic spot.

Well, remember, they did just that in TL just a few short years ago. So, this is
an 'inclining by degrees' thing . . .

NoChesterHester

I was thinking about that and to me, it all depends on how the Ratatouille ride is... If it's really French/cuisine heavy then stick it in the France pavilion... if not, Pixar place. It all depends on how the ride is... They need to do something with World Showcase. Just give me an attraction in Japan or UK or France and I'll be happy haha

As for the Cars/DHS info... that's really interesting that there is more than just Cars on the table with other Pixar properties. I really have a feeling that DHS will be rebranded in the future to Disney/Pixar's Hollywood Studios.

So why keep the "Studios" tag at all? Nothing is filmed or created there.

Disney's Hollywood? Or Disney's Hollywoodland?

Cosmic Commando

Will the playground ever be rethemed to Bugs Life???
It can't be that hard! I really think they're just holding off on it because they expect to do it as part of some larger re-do of that whole part of the park. If they turned the Orange Stinger into Silly Symphony Swings at DCA in 2003, nobody would've cared much. Since they did it as part of the $1B makeover, everyone oohed and ahhed over it.

doctornick

It can't be that hard! I really think they're just holding off on it because they expect to do it as part of some larger re-do of that whole part of the park. If they turned the Orange Stinger into Silly Symphony Swings at DCA in 2003, nobody would've card much. Since they did it as part of the $1B makeover, everyone oohed and ahhed over it.

Agreed. If they convert it (which is coming at some point in the near future IMHO), it will be part of a larger redo where that area becomes part of Pixar Place and they can advertise it as one of the many improvements coming to DHS -- even if it doesn't add anything beyond a modest change in theme.

Atomicmickey

I hate doing this but I cant say anything yet,but you are on the right track

Makes some sense if Cars Land is coming as part of a generalized Pixar expansion.

I've said for some time that, for example, the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area could
be rethemed as Bug's Life. Studios does not have that much for "kid rides", so they
could easily bring some of that stuff there as well.

RSoxNo1

World Showcase has the space but you run into the problem that there would be a gap at the Moroccan pavilion, since they wouldn't be allowed to put lights anywhere on it, for religious reasons (same reason why it doesn't light up during Illuminations).
Yeah, I was thinking that as well - it would be a gap, but not the end of the world.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

So why keep the "Studios" tag at all? Nothing is filmed or created there.

Disney's Hollywood? Or Disney's Hollywoodland?

This is true... I was thinking like how they are doing it in France, with the "idea" it's a working studio but it's not really... I don't know. I like the Disney Hollywood Studios name.... Really I do. But you're right, it isn't a functioning studios anymore. Not like it was in the 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom