DHS CARS LAND

WDW1974

I agree Aquatopia is really not that compelling of an attraction. Especially for the price I'm sure Disney would shell out.

I'd like for them to replace Flying Tires with that Drive in restaurant concept, I assume they could produce that for under the same price?

Are you talking about DCA or WDW?

Because there's a pad of land set aside for a possible Sci-Fi Drive In type dining locale.

And believe me, if we get Carsland they will not be looking to relocate dining facilities across the park, so Sci-Fi will stay right where it is.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Do you think they'd ever consider just moving the New York street out? I realize that could change their christmas lights, but beyond that, there isn't a whole lot that goes on there...the tram tour never goes through it anymore and its kinda done better at that OTHER park down the road.

RSoxNo1

Do you think they'd ever consider just moving the New York street out? I realize that could change their christmas lights, but beyond that, there isn't a whole lot that goes on there...the tram tour never goes through it anymore and its kinda done better at that OTHER park down the road.
The problem is, the lights actually move the needle for that park. I have no idea how much, but it's not like the lights of winter. I was actually thinking about how they could do the lights if they demolished New York Street. Is it totally unreasonable to spread the lights out around World Showcase?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The problem is, the lights actually move the needle for that park. I have no idea how much, but it's not like the lights of winter. I was actually thinking about how they could do the lights if they demolished New York Street. Is it totally unreasonable to spread the lights out around World Showcase?

I was just thinking from being a useful way to integrate the drive-in theater to CarsLand, by making the existing New York street into Carsland's main Route 66 street (which as we've seen would be kinda required, space-wise anyway). The only other thing that might be difficult to get around is Muppets being right nearby.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

World Showcase has the space but you run into the problem that there would be a gap at the Moroccan pavilion, since they wouldn't be allowed to put lights anywhere on it, for religious reasons (same reason why it doesn't light up during Illuminations).

cheezbat

World Showcase has the space but you run into the problem that there would be a gap at the Moroccan pavilion, since they wouldn't be allowed to put lights anywhere on it, for religious reasons (same reason why it doesn't light up during Illuminations).

Guess it makes me racist, but I HATE that about the Morocco pavilion. That in and of itself makes me want to see it go for a country that wouldn't mind the lights. It always bothers me when watching illuminations and there not being lights there.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Guess it makes me racist, but I HATE that about the Morocco pavilion. That in and of itself makes me want to see it go for a country that wouldn't mind the lights. It always bothers me when watching illuminations and there not being lights there.

Not racist, I don't think... but yeah, and for symmetry Norway has to be dark too during Illuminations. Oh well. Just saying, if the Osbourne Family Festival of Lights got moved to World Showcase in the event of New York in DHS being redone for Cars... then there is the room, but it would skip that particular pavilion. Unless they did it all in Future World....

But seriously, I don't seem them changing that part of DHS.

El Grupo

the.dreamfinder said:
So does that mean there's another new attraction that we haven't heard about yet?

Please pardon my confusion, but it this other new attraction something besides a possible replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires? In other words, is there more on the board besides Cars Land and a MI coaster? (I keep holding out hope for the Incredibles ride that was originally planned for DCA).

doctornick

So it would not be Cars Land but a Cars themed area in Pixar Place (ALA Caribbean Plaza in Adventureland)

I think it could be described as a subland for Pixar Place, like Storybook Circus in Fantasyland. So, yeah, I guess you're right, but a little more defined than the Caribbean area in Adventureland.

M.rudolf

the.dreamfinder said:
So does that mean there's another new attraction that we haven't heard about yet?

Please pardon my confusion, but it this other new attraction something besides a possible replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires? In other words, is there more on the board besides Cars Land and a MI coaster? (I keep holding out hope for the Incredibles ride that was originally planned for DCA).
There are a few attractions rumored now that arent on the boards yet. Nothing for Incredibles though.

doctornick

There are a few attractions rumored now that arent on the boards yet. Nothing for Incredibles though.

Clones or new? There's a bunch of clones that could easily be used (Flik's Fliers or something else from Bug's Land, the Paris Ratatouille ride, Toy Soldier Parachute Drop, etc.)

HMF

I think it could be described as a subland for Pixar Place, like Storybook Circus in Fantasyland. So, yeah, I guess you're right, but a little more defined than the Caribbean area in Adventureland.
Thats good to hear because marketing it as a separate land from Pixar Place I feel would hurt the uniqueness of the DCA version. I would just build RSR and create different attractions from different Pixar properties.

doctornick

I hate doing this but I cant say anything yet,but you are on the right track

Well, I'd be excited if they do Cars Land + Monsters Inc door coaster + another attraction. I kinda hope/think that they do Cars Land and the Door Coaster first and then have a phase two involving another attraction or two and converting HISTK to a Bug's Life theme. I guess it will be interesting to see what any blueprints look like and whether there is space intentionally left undeveloped for future expansion to Pixar Place.

Yes, this obvious assumes that Cars Land and the door coaster are a go, which might simply be wishful thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom