DHS CARS LAND

Scuttle

Yeah, I was thinking that as well - it would be a gap, but not the end of the world.

I'm thinking Italy, American Adventure pavilion and Japan could work. Itd be cool seeing it from across the lagoon from future world and it would be symmetrical.

jdmdisney99

This is true... I was thinking like how they are doing it in France, with the "idea" it's a working studio but it's not really... I don't know. I like the Disney Hollywood Studios name.... Really I do. But you're right, it isn't a functioning studios anymore. Not like it was in the 90s.
Why did they ever stop? I love the idea. Either way I think they should keep the Hollywood Studios name.

jdmdisney99

I think Disney could still build Cars Land in DHS and keep the Backlot Tour. If they made Cars Land curve in to the current "backlot" the Tour entrance could be moved to where LMA is right now. Then, when the Tour trams come to Cars Land you could go over it on a bridge with the narration saying you are traveling over one of Pixars hot sets. Catastrophe Canyon could even be near the back of the land.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I'd be against Ratatouille in Epcot. I really feel that all future Pixar attractions should go into DHS. I also think that any LPS ride in Epcot should be in the Imagination Pavilion

I kind of feel the same way. I don't mind Nemo and Monsters and Buzz and Bug's Life scattered around the parks they're already in but future Pixar attractions should be localized in DHS (imo). I would love an LPS ride somewhere in WDW, I think Imagination would be a good fit. Or something new. Either way, I think there are better things that could be put in World Showcase. Like, imagine a LPS ride system in the UK that explores British literary works and contributions to the world? Hell, Disney has a huge bulk of them already owned as properties (Pan, Alice, Marry Poppins, Robin Hood, Treasure Island, 101 Dalmations, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book, Pooh, and those are just the ones I can think off the top of my head). Give me that and the bullet train ride in Japan and BOOM!

awoogala

I just want to say, I'm excited! Anything new and for kids in Hollywood studios would be nice! We love pixar. I am not a huge cars fan, but if they bring more pixar along with it, I'd be happy! (and the cars ride does look like a decent ride, even if we hate cars). I do always wish for more, I must be the only one dying for some "meet the Robinson's" action..lol
But I would love some monsters inc, some rat, even better if they throw in some up or incredible!
and wall-e!

Turtle

This! And I really hope that Monsters Inc. leaves tomorrowland and is incorporated into the Monsters Inc. coaster queue.
or if we cheap out and don't do the coaster we just move the seats, fill up the vacant building next to Toy Story, put new bricks to put pixar theme, move the queue, and add a few Monsters atmosphere things (like how there are toy soldiers carrying a scrabble box next to Toy Story), and voila.

Turtle

I just realized that where the Monsters Inc attractions is supposed to go is right next to the current meet and greet! It would go in the empty soundstage that says "Hot Set" next to Toy Story, and not so far away is the monsters meet and greet, so all they could do what Toy Story does with a mini-land like how Toy Story Mania has a ride, meet and greet, and streetmosphere. They can all be in the same Pixar brick exterior but they can have little things of the films like the green army men carrying the scrabble, or the chain of monkeys! (cont.)

M.rudolf

At this point I am at the point that they could put whatever they want where they want as long as its something. Rat in Epcot, monsters in Pixar place, muppets in muppetville, Mickey in Avatar Whatever where ever, that can deal with theming at a later date

Turtle

(cont.) Every ride can have its own mini-land, or atmosphere is a better word.

Current Toy Story with Meet and Greet, and Midway Mania.

Monsters has the door coaster, the meet and greet, and a Monsters University Patio with quick service Monsters Cafeteria (chili cheese flies, gross beef sandwiches, hot sludge sundaes) and bookstore.

Ratatouille can have the LPS clone from Paris, and Chef Gusteau's Restaurant which is signature dining.

Up has an atmosphere that is small but charming with the playground (As odd as it sounds UP should be the new theme of the playground, and it's reconstructed to look like the jungle), a spinner with furniture that's like Flik's Flyers, and a towering facade of Paradise Falls (forced perspective like Beast's Castle). I feel that UP is better because it's a better film, it isn't fading away in people's memories like Bug's Life, and because if we choose Bug's Life then 3/4 of the films are Pixar's first franchises so it should be more diverse in the timeline.

Saying it again, it will have an atmosphere looking like the film but will have the same Pixar brick like formation like Toy Story!

EDIT:
To always be contemporary there can be a behind-the-scenes look at future of Pixar, museum, and meet and greets from all movies not in a specific land but just next to the entrance. The front of the building can have a giant Luxo and his ball greeting everyone into the land

GeorgiaPinesRJB

(cont.) Every ride can have its own mini-land, or atmosphere is a better word.

Current Toy Story with Meet and Greet, and Midway Mania.

Monsters has the door coaster, the meet and greet, and a Monsters University Patio with quick service Monsters Cafeteria (chili cheese flies, gross beef sandwiches, hot sludge sundaes) and bookstore.

Ratatouille can have the LPS clone from Paris, and Chef Gusteau's Restaurant which is signature dining.

Up has an atmosphere that is small but charming with the playground (As odd as it sounds UP should be the new theme of the playground, and it's reconstructed to look like the jungle), a spinner with furniture that's like Flik's Flyers, and a towering facade of Paradise Falls (forced perspective like Beast's Castle). I feel that UP is better because it's a better film, it isn't fading away in people's memories like Bug's Life, and because if we choose Bug's Life then 3/4 of the films are Pixar's first franchises so it should be more diverse in the timeline.

Saying it again, it will have an atmosphere looking like the film but will have the same Pixar brick like formation like Toy Story!

I like where your head is at...

BrianLo

I'm ok with Pixar films branching to other areas if it thematically fits extremely well. Those two being Ratatouille in France and Wall-E in tomorrow land. Both areas could use the attractions so if that's what it takes for them to pull the trigger I'd be very happy the decision. None of the other properties fit thematically with any other area than Pixar studios.

Turtle

I'm ok with Pixar films branching to other areas if it thematically fits extremely well. Those two being Ratatouille in France and Wall-E in tomorrow land. Both areas could use the attractions so if that's what it takes for them to pull the trigger I'd be very happy the decision. None of the other properties fit thematically with any other area than Pixar studios.
soon-to-be The Good Dinosaur fits in DinoLand along with the inside the mind film to fit in Imagination

BrianLo

soon-to-be The Good Dinosaur fits in DinoLand along with the inside the mind film to fit in Imagination

Good points! And both areas could use the help...

As long as it fits thematically, is not overlaying an attraction for the sake of overlaying it (Nemo), and improves upon an existing area lacking attractions/in rough shape - with a quality attraction - it's ok in my books. Especially if the alternative is stagnation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom