News Destination D23 2023

Sir_Cliff

It's one of the most mid-ride ever.

It lacks theming. It isn't thrilling. The 2.0 update took out all the heart.

This is extremely welcome, especially for its colossal wait times.

I just hope they keep a variation of the outstanding queue music.
I agree.

It's only really a headliner, IMO, because Epcot generally has such a weak line-up of attractions. It's still the only thrill ride that almost certainly won't make people sick.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It's one of the most mid rides ever.

It lacks theming. It isn't thrilling. The 2.0 update took out all the heart.

This is extremely welcome, especially for its colossal wait times.

I just hope they keep a variation of the outstanding queue music.
ah, I never liked 1.0, 2.0 was such a great refresh for me, way more futuristic feeling and not stuck in the mid-90's anymore with nothing "EPCOT" feeling at all

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indy 5 was always going to be the last one, at least the last one they would ever truly link to the ones before. 5 didn’t destroy anything other than its own box office.
People still do and will continue to love Indy.
…just no one younger than me.

Hey…opinions vary. Here’s one: Disneys running of Lucasfilm has been so disastrous…it’s like that’s what they’re trying for…

Like the soon to open concrete storage shed behind mgm…

But I don’t try to convince anyone of anything anymore.
Because:
1. It won’t work
2. I fight dirty when the throw down starts

Indy_UK

So they’ve nixed the Zootopia land altogether and sticking a show in to replace its tough to be a Bug? Not sure how that’s going to work.

I’ve heard the track layout is the same as dinosaur but they won’t be able to clone it will they? Doesn’t the Indy ride have a massive hall area with different levels?

Encanto makes sense in this South America area but there was never mention of a ride for that land? So again, a nice update to the area but it doesn’t add capacity.

For behind BTM they are better off making the whole area a Villians land.

I dont doubt that they will be adding the most additions than they have ever done but when it’s all spread out over the international parks too, while more than Epic universal is adding with 1 park, it won’t feel significant enough in WDW whatever they add.

Edit: also I know I am alone in thinking this but I guarantee that Disney are letting the right side of Hollywood studios (animation courtyard, RnR etc) have a slow death for when they will probably get the rights to Marvel in the parks when that whole area will be come an Avengers Campus

James Alucobond

Encanto makes sense in this South America area but there was never mention of a ride for that land? So again, a nice update to the area but it doesn’t add capacity.
Casita has to be an attraction of some kind. What quality of attraction is up in the air, but they wouldn’t build the facade with space behind it and do absolutely nothing with it.

FigmentFan82

…just no one younger than me.

Hey…opinions vary. Here’s one: Disneys running of Lucasfilm has been so disastrous…it’s like that’s what they’re trying for…

Like the soon to open concrete storage shed behind mgm…

But I don’t try to convince anyone of anything anymore.
Because:
1. It won’t work
2. I fight dirty when the throw down starts
Young people watch older films. Same with listening to music. But yes, if you’re not a fan of Indy that’s ok too. Many many are fans

zombiebbq

This all made me realize. Universal Orlando and Tokyo Disney for me is what my theme park future is with sprinkles of other international theme parks.

I know this sounds like a cynical joke. But I am serious.
Same with me. I'd run to Tokyo before even considering dropping serious money on a WDW vacation. and my husband loved Universal when we went last year so we are eagerly awaiting the new park.

peng

Well that was better than D23 and the last Destination D, though to be fair, the last two had literally nothing, so stuff of substance that wasn't restaurants and meet and greets being announced is good. Still could have been better, it could have been shortened a lot and the muppets segments were pointless, but at least there seems to be some stuff on the horizon as opposed to literally nothing (even though said stuff is extremely sparse). Hope EU is successful as nintendo land was on the west coast to force disney into actually building stuff again, because while there are some prospective things, it isn't nearly enough to combat against EU.

donsullivan

Premium Member
At least it didn’t go lower than my already low expectations of no commitment to anything substantial at WDW for now. Some ‘ideas’ for the future but that’s about it. Country Bear refresh was a bit of a surprise though.

ppete1975

If it was Mickey's of Glendale then it was already marked down to Cast Member Discount Price levels (actually found the pricing for shirts and stuff pretty reasonable ... but not sure the specifics with pins like that)
I was kidding about the character warehouse. Just shocked at the price. But as ive learned from some of my hobbies, some things are just expensive. Whatever people enjoy they should do. 😊

ppete1975

Speaking of Oswald….

Here is the event exclusive pin that is contained within the attendee goodie bag.
I am sitting here in the Studios forecourt to take a break and am just now getting a chance to look in my goodie bag and saw this.
Quite nice!

Couple of other studios themed items…including a ‘Hollywood Mickey’ mini poster print and a small metal tray with the Disney Studios logo on it.
There is a lot more…just need time to go through it all!

View attachment 741709
Glad you’re enjoying yourself. Thanks for virtually letting us tag along.

FigmentFan82

I feel like things are teed up very well for D23 proper.
Since none of these will be surprises next year, just most likely fuller concrete plans of the exact details, that leaves them the opportunity to “surprise” us with the Imagination redo. I am willing this scenario into existence!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom