News Destination D23 2023

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
No commitment to add capacity or address the cross town competition In any way.

I’m just a fan…and I somehow find that “problematic”
For sure they need new capacity but they've stopped formally committing to stuff because formally committing means squat. That we know it means squatt is a problem for Disney and one they can only overcome by actually delivering on talks. Mary Poppins hasnt happened. Other EPCOT stuff hasnt happened. Reflections hasnt happened. Lake Nona has been scrapped. And the history of announcements of "THIS IS HAPPENING!" and not delivering goes back for years and years.

What's the difference between formally announcing some detailed thing and pulling back and vaguely telling us they're adding something new? When both are equally likely to be scrapped the details are the *only* difference. And not announcing details gives room to make changes hopefully for the better, like taking Zootopia out of a land.

This means I consider "we are opening a Mary Poppins attraction" and "we are reimagining Dinoland into ... something" as the same level of commitment.

No Name

Still hoping for the Animal Kingdom to be rebranded as Disney's Adventure Kingdom...
toy-story-mr-potato-head.gif
………why?

Figments Friend

Wow, Bill Fsrmer is onstage now and is doing a really good Dreamfinder vocal performance.

I think he has been practicing,,,,for …something….

Probably just this show, but he is pulling off the characters original voice really well!
I know he is a pro….but dang.

He just did Kermit the Frog’s voice and it is BETTER than the current voice!
Give this guy the job!
-

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Wait, what's wrong with Test Track?

Some are still sore about losing World of Motion and then others preferred the first version that showed more building and testing cars, car dummies, etc. Personally, I think Test Track is fine and low on the priority list and that Disney should first revamp Imagination, but Test Track has an active and committed sponsor (and maybe even a new sponsorship agreement that requires investment?), so here we are.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Indiana Jones Adventure is the greatest attraction WDI has ever made (when it’s working). Bringing over a new version of it to DAK would be perfection. They can have the MacGuffin be some kind of dinosaur fossil to help keep the animal theme. Or just clone Crystal Skull from Tokyo sine it already has a South America theme. Either way, there’s a ton of potential with replacing Dinosaur with Indiana Jones and I hope it actually does happen.
I agree, I prefer it to the ride experience on Rise, and I think Rise is elite. Now including the queue I'd take Rise any day, but as a thrilling dark ride I don't think anything anywhere is as good as Indy for me. I'm grinning ear to ear every time I ride it.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

This seemed to me more like mopping up after last year's weird session and all the angst it provoked, particularly regarding the future of DAK.

I'll take a glass half full approach and suppose there has been some recognition of how horrified many of us were about the prospect that they were about to ruin DAK, particularly with Zootopialand. The working of that IP into the park actually makes some sense now, at least to me, and a Central/South America land has long been on the list of better options we thought were off-the-cards in the single-IP land era. So, I won't wail and gnash my teeth too much this time around!

In the Parks
No
I feel like ever since 2017, these events have been nothing but announcements of replacements for attractions. Last year's D23 was merely a death threat to Dinosaur, but still, can't we add something new without replacing something? I was so glad to be in WDW when they announced Great Movie Ride closing—it gave me a chance to experience it knowing it would be my last time. I haven't been back to WDW since (not out of bitterness—though I am bitter—but because of lack of opportunity).

I want these fan events to make me excited about what's coming...not disappoint me about what they're taking away! Use that Walt-given "blessing of size."
This...again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom